Chapter 7- A New Home

As me and Mafumafu walk the streets of Osaka, I wonder how I got myself into this situation. One day, I meet Mafumafu at the park, and the next day, my house gets repossessed. If that's not enough, I'm living with him now. I sigh and look up at the sky, it's nearly sunset. The sky looks great,  the blue fading to a pale orange, surrounded by clouds, and the air feels refreshingly cold on my face. "You sigh a lot, you know?" Mafumafu suddenly asks, I can't tell his expression because he has a mask on, but his eyes are smiling. "Why do you wear a mask?" I ask, curiously. He looks ahead "I was stalked in the past. But luckily, Soraru-san found out the person who was stalking me, and told them to stop. It was also easy for people to follow me if they knew what I looked like, so that's why I wear the mask.", he answered quietly. "I'm sorry..." I mutter, not knowing what else to say. Who knew this bright and bubbly guy has such a sad backstory? "Anyways!" he said brightly, "Enough about me, you still haven't told me your name!" I hesitate, "My name is ### Yamamoto", I mutter. "That's a beautiful name!", he says cheerfully "I like it!". I blush, and look away. "Are we nearly at your house, then?" I ask. We're walking in a quiet street, and we walk to one of those houses, it's a two-storey. He pulls out his keys, and unlocks the door. Immediately, I recognise the interior. "Welcome home!" He says cheerfully.

I scan the small apartment, it looks pretty good. I recognise the TV and couch, and hear two meows. I look down, and recognise the grey cat and white cat. "Iroha-chan! Potato!", Mafumafu says cheerfully, and bends down to nuzzle his cats. I wait for him, staring down at him. I wonder what it would be like to have a pet. Well, I already have one, technically. Me and Mafumafu are living together, so that makes Iroha-chan and Potato our pets, right? Suddenly, he realises I'm there. "A-ah! Do you wanna see my room?" he asks, the grey cat on his head. "Um... There's something on your head..." I say, pointing at the cat. "Is there?" he asks, oblivious to the cat on the top of his head. "Nevermind..." I say. Mafumafu opens the door to his room. My eyes widen. "Oh,", I say, sweating, "It's a mess.".

Mafumafu's room is a mess. No, a mess isn't strong enough to describe the state that his room's in. It looks like a tornado hit it, or maybe the aftermath of a war. I can almost hear the yells of the warriors who drowned beneath the mess of pillows and noodle cups. I shudder, I can almost imagine their corpses under the pillows, it's a scary thought. Amongst the mess, I spot a  Gochiusa alarm clock, so he's a big fan, huh? From the corner of my eye, I spot a Mafuteru plushie next to a Kirby and Pikachu plushie. It's really big. I restrain myself from hugging it, it is his stuff after all. "I-I guess you're a bit of a hikikomori, Mafumafu-san, huh?" I comment, sweating. "Well, I do most of my videos in here if I'm not recording a song, so I guess I live in here most of the time? I don't really go out, haha." He has a recording studio? I turn to him, interested. "Can I see the recording room, Mafumafu-san?" 

We walk downstairs, and at then end of the hallway next to the lounge, there's a door. Mafumafu opens the door "Here it is", he says.

Mafumafu goes inside first, and I look around in awe

Mafumafu goes inside first, and I look around in awe. "I had no idea you had this in your house... Wow, Mafumafu.", I say. He grins cheekily "Is your impression of me changing?", he asks. "A bit", I say, and smile a bit. "Oh!" he says, suddenly. "I should take off my mask, it's getting a bit hard to breathe." I watch as he puts his fingers behind his ears, undoing the straps. He removes the mask with one hand, revealing his full face to me.