Chapter 9- The Utaite Named Soraru-san

"Mafumafu-san, I'm-" I look down, and see a black-haired man, he stares back at me. 

"...Home." 

Mafumafu looks nervous "#-###-chan! It's not what you think, I swear!", he says, flailing his arms around nervously like a chicken. I raise an eyebrow, confused. What does he mean? "Mafumafu-san, who's this?", I question, meanwhile the strange man waves at me.

 What does he mean? "Mafumafu-san, who's this?", I question, meanwhile the strange man waves at me

"You look familiar...", I trail off, but I suddenly recognise him. Before I can say his name, taking off his mask and whisking it onto the table, he walks up to me and clasps both of my hands in his warm ones. "It's nice to meet you ###-chan, is it okay if I call you that?" he asks smiling, still clasping my hands, and I nod. "I'm Soraru, you must of heard of me, right? I'm Mafumafu-san's close friend, we often work together", Soraru introduces himself. Oh, that's right, I think to myself, I remember watching countless videos of Mafumafu and Soraru doing challenges, as well as stuff like tests and playing Smash, before I stopped being a fan. Soraru lets go of my hands "Now, me and Mafumafu-kun are about to shoot a video, so would you like to wait in your room, or would you like to watch?", asks Soraru. "I'll wait in my room,", I answer Soraru, "I have schoolwork to do, anyways", which is obviously a lie, since it's the first day. Mafumafu gives me a look, he knows I'm lying, but he nods anyways, "Sure, ###-chan", he says, reaching for his mask to strap it on, Soraru does the same, putting his mask back on. As I walk down the hallway to my room, I hear Mafumafu start up the video with his usual introduction, "Hello, this is Mafumafu!". I quietly stop in my tracks, trembling. I haven't heard that in so long. I'm pretty sure that Soraru noticed because I can feel him stare at him, but he doesn't say anything, and introduces himself as I race to my bedroom, clutching my chest. 

I collapse onto my bed, exhausted

I collapse onto my bed, exhausted. Thank goodness I got out, what happened? When he introduced himself, I felt a strange shock run through my body, like electricity. I breathe heavily, spread out on my bed. Finally, I calm down. Still shaking, I change out of my uniform into the comfy beige jumper I saw earlier this morning, as well a pair of tight-fitting pants. As soon as I fold my uniform and stuff it into a drawer, I fall back and sink into my bed, trying to make sense of what just happened. Was it because I hadn't seen any of his content in a long time? No, I tell myself, that would be silly. I feel like I'm forgetting something, something very important. I roll over, still hot and distressed, falling into a restless slumber.