삼십 팔

Taehyung

I stared at Yang DongMi skipping around in the kitchen, going to the fridge and grabbing a drink. She isn't usually this happy in the mornings, I know about that very well when she is still working under me in the cafe, she isn't a morning person and she would drag herself to work just for the sake of making more money for herself.

But she isn't grouchy or grumpy this morning, she looks extremely energetic and she is ready for a long day today which is very weird to me because she doesn't give a damn about anything daily and she is happy and humming a happy tune to herself. "Why are you being so happy today?" I just have to ask her that question because I am so curious about the sudden change in her personality, she wasn't like this last night and at yesterday's gig as well.

"Can't I be happy? Do you have a problem with it?" She asked while still maintaining the smile on her face, she doesn't get annoyed at my questions and she would usually show her distaste whenever she is talking to me.

"No, I don't have any problem but I am just curious to why you became so happy today. What exactly happened that made you this happy?" I asked her, afraid that I might burst out a happy bubble of hers and she will go back to the usual Yang DongMi that I know.

"My mother found out that I worked as a manager and she isn't disappointed in my choice, she didn't say anything about it and she is supportive more than anything else." She said, wearing a bigger smile on her face and that made me smile in return. Her smile is really beautiful and contagious that I can't help but to smile back at her, she should smile like this more future and the CEO will realise that she is not meant to stay as a manager and he will want to promote her as an artist.

But the thing is she doesn't want to be a singer, she has long abandoned that dream because she had a bad experience with it and she wanted a more peaceful life, and so she decided to work for me as my manager. I still don't get why she wants to be my manager no matter what, she knows that we don't exactly get along with each other that well and we had a past with each other as well so it is a little awkward for me to working together as artist and manager.

I asked her why she wanted to work for me once and she told me that TaeEun told her that she should work for me so that she can pay for her sins, that is just Yang DongMi herself trying to make amends to her mistakes and she has decided to work for me who is her best friend's older brother. I am not exactly hating it but why a K-pop idol manager?

She has a lot of talent, she could go back to the K-pop industry and have a go at singing and dancing again, that is what she does the best at but she is avoiding because my younger sister died due to the manager sexually abused her but that is not her fault at all. She was just trying to help but she didn't expect that things would end up like this and she lost a best friend and a team member, from the start to the end, she isn't at fault at all and it might have become a victim as well if my younger sister didn't die that day but things have gotten to this stage, there is nothing that you can do but to accept the truth and move on with your life.

"Good for you then, that would mean that you are probably going to be with me for the next few years right?" I asked her hoping for her to give a response, I have been asking around and no one knows how long she is going to be here for.

"Maybe," She shrugged her shoulders. "I mean that it is still going to be a job that is going to pay me a decent salary every month and I am not going to starve, it is a decent job and I get to see the rest of the members daily, something that you don't get to see if you don't work closely with him."

"That is just going to make you look like a pervert, but you didn't mention me. Aren't you working under me? Why are you talking as if I don't exist at all?" I asked her and she doesn't answer and instead, she pours me a mug filled with hot chocolate and gave it to me. "Finish this and we will set off for your first schedule."

I looked at the mug and then I looked at her, she is mean towards me and she doesn't care about me at all but deep inside me, she still makes sure that I get my hot chocolate and the fact that she knows what I like to eat and what I dislike. She still cares about me and that is all I needed to know about Yang DongMi, my manager who is working under me because she wanted to.

"Okay!" I replied to her and drank the entire mug in 10 seconds flat and she is already waiting for me outside with my backpack. "Are you going to get your drivers' license at the end of the month?" I asked her.

She nodded her head. "Why? Are you tired of me just calling a car for you? If that is the case, I better stop working for you since you want a manager who has a drivers' license and could drive you around to wherever you want."

"No, stay with me as a manager. I need you around to make me feel safe." I immediately covered my mouth as soon as I realized what I just said to Yang DongMi.