DongMi

I laid down in bed, my stomach facing down, my fingers typing on the laptop, on my screen is the one person that I have been so curious about - the biggest boy band of today's K-pop world BTS. I have been so curious about one particular member of that group, BTS V or otherwise better known as Kim TaeHyung by ARMYs, their fandom.

I am definitely sure that I saw him at the café earlier this afternoon, he was working there as one of the employees- no, he is working at his own store- and pretending that he isn't the famous K-pop idol who last appeared on stage nearly a year ago due to some unknown reasons.

No one knew why he had to disappear from the spotlight when his group is getting so popular at the moment, he just vanished in the air. No one knew where he had gone to, there were no articles written about it online.

It is as if he didn't want anyone to know about his disappearance but why? He didn't give any reasons why and everyone in his group kept mum about it everytime someone tries to ask them about it, they would give a random excuse like he is currently resting and he will be back on the stage very soon. As if, it has been a year since that day...

There were no signs of him having any disputes with his members, nothing ever sparked any conflicts with him and his members, everyone was at peace then why the sudden disappearance? Why is there a need for him to disappear?

There must be a reason for it and there is no mistaking it, you wouldn't suddenly go into hiding if there is nothing to hide it from the public. Either he has any problems with any of his members or he is injured, either one of the two.

I clicked on one of the recent music videos and there are none, they haven't released anything from last year, the last music video was weeks before his sudden disappearance and there is nothing posted afterwards. There were only television appearances and he is in none of them, only his members are there and sometimes there is only one member representing the whole group. What are they hiding about?

I am being so curious about and there is only one way to confirm about it, going there head-on to ask him himself. There is no other way than that.

Jihoon laughed when I told him about the idea in class. "Are you serious? Did you knock your head against the wall?" He coughed from laughing way too much. "Why are you hung up on the café owner being Kim TaeHyung? He isn't, I'm very sure."

"It is possible that he is indeed Kim TaeHyung, he is working at his own store because he didn't have any work to do for his group. He left the group to do his own things and that is to take care of his own café."

He burst out laughing and I smacked his back. "That is even more ridiculous! He didn't leave the group at all, his name is still in the group, there is still seven of them in their group pictures. What makes you think that he left the group?"

"His long-term disappearance, he didn't appear on TV for such a long time and nothing is released during his disappearance. In interviews, they said that he is resting and he will be returning soon. But when? It has been more than a year since that happened and he is still not back with them."

"There must be something that they can't tell the public and what if he really left the group? It is his choice and nothing can change that." He clearly doesn't seem like he's even serious about this talk. "Just like how your group ended and you left the company."

"Park Jihoon, are you my best friend?" My voice suddenly drops and he turned a little serious.

"Of course, we have been friends since we were 10." He replied, crossing his arms over one another.

"Then will you believe me? You know that I don't lie." I asked him, confirming our relationship once again. He is not my friend if he doesn't believe my theory of Kim TaeHyung's disappearance, that he had reasons why he disappeared for a whole year without any explanation.

He let out a long sigh and faced me with utmost seriousness. "Fine, I believe you. From our 10 years long friendship, I believe whatever you say and you have never betrayed me not even once."

"Now we're talking." I smiled and he did the same and pinched my nose.

"So what are you going to do to support that little theory of yours?"

"I am going to ask that question to the man involved in the situation himself and dig out deep secrets from him."

"Will you get caught?" I shook my head. "That is never going to work. You will get arrested if you do that, I don't want to spend any money to bail you out."

"Then what can you suggest me to get closer to the celebrity?"

"Work at his café and you will be able to see him every day, you would get closer to him naturally and then the digging out his deep secrets will come into play eventually. It will be a win-win situation, you will get what you want and you will be able to work, something that your mother wants you to do. You have been spending a lot of her money since debut and this is the time to pay her back."

I nodded slowly, letting his suggestion come to life in my imagination. I will be working at his café and knowing his character slowly and surely, pull out the 'I want to be your friend' card and slowly convince that you will not tell anyone about it and you will not really tell anyone about it, you aren't the type to be gossipy and go around in school telling everyone about any juicy gossips in the entertainment industry.

"That is a safe idea to work with but I can't guarantee that he will ever tell me the reason why," I said, taking in the suggestion. Will this be my first undercover mission?

"He will, eventually when he is very comfortable to tell you anything without hesitation." He smiled. "So you're in for it huh? What are you trying to do after you asked him the reason why?"

"I'm going to convince him to go back to his group, the group has to be complete, without him, it would be a lacklustre team. If one falls, the others will follow as well."