사십 이

Taehyung

I got out of the taxi after paying the taxi driver and I made my way inside the apartment building with the receptionists greeting me as per usual and I did a tiny bow before I proceed to go up to where our dormitory is, Yang DongMi is not here with me because I sent her home nearly an hour ago.

She is having a slight mental breakdown and I can tell that she needs to take a break from everything in her life for a few hours, she had been juggling many things in her life lately. She is working for me as my manager and she would have to follow me to all of my schedules except when she is in class, and she has a very intensive class schedule this semester and she doesn't tell me anything about it.

She didn't want me to worry about her and she thinks that I dislike her and I don't give a damn about her life, I had to dig through her diary to find out how packed her schedule and I wouldn't have known if I didn't bring up the courage to do that. Even though she is my manager, she is barely 21 years old and she is enrolled in a full-time course in university, she is about to graduate in the next 2 years and she is probably going to work for me until I announce my retirement to the entertainment industry which is pretty soon.

I know how much she is struggling and I can't be much of a help, even today I was having a mental breakdown myself when I was forced to do something that I wasn't comfortable with, I used to be the person who is bold enough to oppose to what the director wants me to be but not now. I have lost all confidence ever since I have lost TaeEun to suicide and nothing is the same anymore, I have spent the past year going back to my old self and I had thought that I felt like my old self but I wasn't the same person again and there is no way that I will be able to be the old Kim Taehyung again.

I have a broken leg and it hurts when I walk for too long, my career as a K-pop idol is technically ruined for good because I can't dance and the only thing that I can do to save my career. All the members are dancing except for me and that makes me stand out a lot and people will start questioning why am I even here when I can't do anything anymore, that was one reason that I didn't want to come back to the industry.

But my members convinced me that the fans are still going to love me the same and Yang DongMi was trying her best to make me go back to being an idol, and I went back because of that. I want to see that smile on her face when she sees me back on the stage and back to my comfort zone where I shine the most there, and I don't want to see her being upset when she feels like she is not doing anything to help me.

I arrived at the apartment and the rest of the members were nowhere to be seen and I looked at the time on my phone again to make sure, it is barely 10 pm but a few of them should be back home, they told me that they want to watch the latest episode of the show that they are currently obsessed with and they don't want to miss the episode in real-time.

And then I heard someone let out a groan and I switched on the lights, it is just HoSeok hyung waking up from his nap and he is back at home already when he said that he is going to have dinner with his older sister. "You're home already?" He asked me with a grouchy face.

"Filming ended early thanks to Yang DongMi and I had to thank her for what she had done for me, she yelled at the director and told her to behave himself," I said to him, going to the fridge to get a drink.

"That's good, I am glad that she did that." He nodded his head and we had nothing to talk about between the two of us anymore.

We used to be close with each other back then, we played around with each other a lot and he taught me a lot about dancing, not until that incident and I couldn't dance anymore. He was the one who was involved in it and that made me hate him for a while because he was jealous of me for a moment and he almost ruined my career.

But now that I thought about it, it wasn't his fault and it was all but an incident. He was sorry about it and he even apologized to me many times about this, I finally accepted his apology but things can't go back to the way it was before. Now things have become awkward between the two of us and I don't know what to do about it.

"JiMin and JungKook said that they are coming back to watch their drama right?" I took the initiative to speak to him for the first time. "It is going to be on air soon and they are not back yet and they are going to be angry if they can't watch it in time."

"Then we will watch it on behalf of them and we will tell them later about what happened in the episode." He said, taking the cue.

"I will prepare the snacks, what do you want to have? Fried chicken?" He nodded his head. "I will order it, you want the usuals right?"

He took out his phone. "I will pay for it, you are like my younger brother. I can't let you pay for food, Kim Taehyung." And I think that we have officially made up with each other by watching drama and eating fried chicken...