사십 오

DongMi

I let out a yawn and I blinked a few times to get the tiredness out of me, I swear that I am going to drop out of the course if I don't pass and I have spent so much time on this freaking report that I feel like I am being controlled by the laptop instead, telling me what to write for my report without having any thoughts in my mind.

But I have no choice, it is the only way that my mother would be proud of me that I would at least have a business degree and I would be able to find a job anywhere if I decided not to work under Kim Taehyung anymore.

He is going to be 30 years old in the next 5 years and even though he can't go to the military because of his leg injury, he only has a few more years left before no one would look at him and his popularity will start to go down and soon they will disband and Kim Taehyung will become old and forgotten. There is no way that anyone can be famous for that long, it is just a moment and it is faster than you think and it would happen with anything that you decided to do.

An idol could be caught smoking one day and it is being reported by the news and soon their fans would know of it and start to hate on their beloved idol, it is just a matter of time that they will slowly lose interest in them and it would be the downfall of their popularity, also another reason for them to be forgotten by the public. And I wished that Kim Taehyung would remain famous for as long as possible, if not legendary for being the K-pop idol who disappeared from the K-pop industry to take a break and then returned with an injured leg.

That is what people are calling him now but they chose to say it more discreetly that it would sound better, they are calling him the upgraded Kim Taehyung and they are labelling him as that title whenever he appears on shows and it would be his nickname if he ever returns to acting which Bang PD has mentioned to me a while back that he would want Kim Taehyung to start acting again.

Since he is injured and he can't possibly be on the stage and dancing with his members, it would be better for him to appear on variety shows and dramas instead and so far he has only agreed to appear on shows, dramas require him to show a lot of emotions and he is still recovering from his condition. He can't cry on command and he might have a hard time to stop crying once he starts crying, it would take him a while for him to get ready to appear on screen again even though there is a lot of people who would like to see him acting again.

I looked up at the clock and it is nearly 6 pm, Kim Taehyung has been out for nearly 30 minutes and he told me that he would get my usuals, the matcha latte and the cheese bread and it doesn't take that long to buy those. Where the hell did he even go to? Did he teleport to another dimension or something?

The cafe is just 2 streets down and there aren't many customers at this time unless there is a huge crowd of students coming to kill some time but it is 6 pm and those students would have gone home by now and he wouldn't have any reason to be taking such a long time. Or did he get mobbed by his fans? He is still 25 years old and his fans would be around my age and people my age are usually very free and they have all the time to stalk their idols.

Oh my gosh! I stood from my position and I got to the door when the door opened and Kim Taehyung appeared behind it, he looked fine and he was smiling. "Where the hell did you even go? You were gone for almost an hour, I thought that you got mobbed by your fans."

"I thought that it was almost going to be dinner time and so I went to buy some food and you would be hungry." He held up two bento boxes and he was still smiling and then his smile faded. "Yang DongMi, why are you crying?"

I am crying? I touched my cheeks and it was wet with my tears, I pushed him. "It is all because of you, why didn't you tell me that you had gone to buy dinner? You didn't drop me a text or something."

"You said that you might want more food after the cheese bread and you didn't text me back, I was waiting for you to text me." I looked at my phone and I realized that it was out of battery and I was so focused on doing my report that I forgot everything else.

I am such an idiot... I crouched down and I sat there with my hands covering my face, I am just too embarrassed to face him, I was blaming him for being late when I was the one who didn't even bother to check on the phone. My phone was half-charged when I left the house earlier this afternoon and I didn't bring the charger along with me, it is just a matter of time that the battery would run out.

"Don't cry, there is still food." He sat down with me as well and grabbed my wrists, pulling them away from my face. "It is okay to cry, you are stressed over your report but it is okay, I bought dinner and you are going to take a short break and you are going home after this, your mother would be worried if she knows that you are not back home yet."

His soothing voice is so different from the usual him that it comforted me and I stopped crying. "That's my DongMi, you're beautiful now."