삼십 사

Taehyung

I stared in the distance while I was waiting to get my hair and makeup done by the stylist and makeup artists, I have an individual schedule to go to and the rest of the members are not with me. It is my solo gig to celebrate my return back to the entertainment industry and I am there for a talk show and answer some questions along the way throughout the show, I am really nervous because it had been a while since I had come out on a talk show and I am on my own so the level of nervousness is increased by a huge amount.

What if I embarrass myself in front of the audience? What will they even say about me? In the entertainment industry, anything can happen to anyone at any time and there is no way that we can avoid it, one wrong thing that comes out of my mouth will either ruin our career or boost it but most of the time, our reputations will get smeared by that one tiny incident and everyone will remember it for the rest of their lives.

The most important thing is that Yang DongMi is not here at all and I don't have a manager to take care of my needs and transport me from one place to the other, she had a class that she had to attend and she couldn't cancel it no matter what, even if she is a manager at my company, she is still a university student and she needs to complete her degree first in order for her to do better things for her future.

And because of that, I had to take a private cab to this venue and I would most probably have to take another private cab back home, a subway ride is clearly not safe for someone like me and I would prefer to not have anyone talk to me or take pictures of me while I am making my way home.

"Where is your manager, V ssi? Shouldn't there be a manager who will be tagging along with you to all of your schedules?" The head stylist asked me when it is my turn.

"She has a class to go to so I am on my own today, it doesn't matter because I can still take care of myself and it is only a talk show that will finish recording in about 4 hours," I told her.

The stylist took a look at her watch and then looked back at me. "How old is your manager to still be able to go for classes at this timing?"

"She is a university student and she will be completing her degree in another 3 years, if I am not wrong, she is just 20 years old this year." I told her, it is not something that is so secretive about Yang DongMi, it is a fact that she is still enrolled in university and she is working for me as well.

"Wow, it has been a while since I have heard of such a young manager and most of the female employees in your company is either much older or already married, your CEO allowed her to be in the company?" That is true because the company hires married women to avoid rumours that will destroy our careers but youngers and unmarried employees have been welcomed in the last couple of years as well, as long as they are able to have a high level of professionalism, that is not an issue at all.

I could only smile at the head stylist and she began to style me up but it doesn't require her a long time to do that because I am very photogenic and I look good anytime, I was ready for the talk show and I went out there with the confidence that I had. I behaved myself like the reserved K-pop idol that they wanted and did everything as they asked me to as long as they are not ridiculous and scandalous, I answered every question with professionalism and ended the show with a few jokes that SeokJin hyung had told me to mention them, it is not necessary to do that but it would make him happy for a while.

I walked back to my waiting room and there was someone infiltrating this place, behaving suspiciously around my belongings and then putting a Bento on top of it, it is my part-time manager Yang DongMi. I thought that she was still in class?

"Did you skip class so that you could come here?" I asked her and she jumped up in fright, giving me the glare. "I am serious about that, didn't you have a class this afternoon?"

"It was cancelled when I arrived at class and I decided to come to pick you up and I bought you food as well, it is from the Bento place that you liked it so much that it is mentioned in your interview." She told me as I walked closer to my seat and picked up the Bento. "I just bought it earlier so it is still a little warm."

"Thank you." I sat down at one of the tables and started eating the bento that she bought, it still had the same taste as before and it is even more delicious. I looked up at Yang DongMi and she was staring at me and my food, more towards my food. "Have you eaten?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "I rushed here as soon as possible and I used my own money to buy that." She explained. "I forgot to bring out the company credit card and there is not enough time for me to get back home just for the credit card."

I could clearly see that she was famished but she is too stubborn to admit that she is hungry, why is she so stubborn? "Have some with me, I am not that hungry and I can't finish all of it on my own," I asked her and she shook her head again. "I don't take no for an answer, eat when you are hungry and don't ever skip meals, it is bad for your health," I told her and the look on her face was so priceless that it stayed in my mind for the entire day, why is she so adorable?