육십 사

6 months later...

Taehyung

"Oppa, how much are you buying again?" I handed the strawberries to the seller. "The same as before?"

I nodded my head and I gave her the money as she bagged the strawberries in the bag and she gave it to me. "Do come again! But first I have a question that I have to ask you about."

I looked at her, wanting her to tell me her question but I know what she is going to ask. "Are you perhaps Kim Taehyung from BTS?" She asked me.

"Do you want me to tell the truth or do you want an amusing reply?" I asked her.

It has been one of the questions that I have been getting for a while and honestly, I am thankful that people still remember me but at the same time, being asked the same question over and over again is getting a little old. Not that I hated it...

"Oppa, do you perhaps have a twin then?" She asked me and I scoffed.

"There is only one Kim Taehyung in the whole world and it is me." I let out a small smile. "But I am not that important anymore, I am just a small cafe owner in Jeju."

"How is it a small-owned business when everyone in town is always flocking to your store all the time?" She pointed it out to me as if I didn't already know about it.

I was once a celebrity and it had just been a little over half a year since we had our last concert and we officially ended our activities as a group, it was sad but it was good for all of us.

"I have the right to choose to make it big and I don't want to, your strawberries are nice and I will only buy it from you because I don't indeed to go to someone else for the supplies. I would have a bigger supplier for my goods if I wanted to make it big but I am satisfied with what I have." I told her. "Don't be sad that I am not a celebrity anymore but continue to allow me to buy those strawberries, they are really good for my smoothies and my customers love it a lot."

I left the market after buying a few more things and I went back to the store to prepare for opening, it has become my daily routine and I kind of missed it a lot when I went back to performing. It is the small things in life that made me so at ease and I don't have to think about anything else, and no one would be too disappointed in me if I don't exceed their expectations.

Because after all, I am a retired idol, and being an idol is a thing of my past and I am comfortable with letting it go.

"Hyung, was that strawberry girl flirting with you again?" Daeyeon asked me when I got there and he is already preparing for the opening, checking the inventory with the opening checklist. "Because you were later than the timing that you usually take, a precise 5 minutes longer."

"She finally managed to recognize me, I know that I should come back to take my cap. I bet that she would be telling everyone in town that I am not just any other cafe owner." I told him and he only nodded his head.

"Isn't that good news? We will get more business and that would mean more money." He replied and he reached for the strawberries, ready to wash them in the sink. "What are you even worried about? That Dongmi will be able to track you down and find you, we moved locations once again because you were so scared that she might come to find you and drag you back to wherever she wants you to be."

After we disbanded, I made a wild decision to uproot my cafe to some remote town again after deciding that I will be doing my business back in my hometown. If she didn't know where I lived and where my cafe is located, I would not have had to buy another plot of land on the extreme outskirts of Jeju island so that Yang Dongmi would not have to find me.

She is the type of person to be overly curious about something completely random and she will go to the extent of finding it out herself in her ways so that she would get the answers that she wants.

That was also how she managed to track me down when I was on my hiatus and she even tried getting a job so that she could see me every day and eventually have me return to the stage for a while.

But I have not heard any news from her for a while and the other members have no idea what she has been doing as well, all I know is that she went back to full-time studying, and at some point, she switched majors or something but it wasn't approved by her mother so she didn't do it so I guess that she is not going to be around for a while.

"I kind of miss Dongmi a little," Daeyeon let out a sigh and I glared at him. "Don't you miss her a lot too?"

"I don't miss her," I said to him and he scoffed. "It is true, she is a very annoying person in my life and I don't want to see her again."

"Is that so?" I nodded my head. "Then explain the Polaroid pictures that you got of her, you have them all around your room and one in your wallet."

"She is not the only one that I took of that day, the other members were part of it. Even you were in one of them." He shook his head. "I am serious, I can show it to you."

"Dongmi would be sad if she knows that you don't like her anymore." He said to me. "I can do the magic of texting her the location and she will be here in just a few hours, but I will hold back because you don't want to see her."

Then it will be a while before I will get to see her again. "I will forget about it, she will come over during her vacation. We will just prepare for opening."

"Daeyeon, can you do me a favor?" I put both of my hands together. "Do the magic, I beg you. Do whatever you can to make Yang Dongmi appear at our cafe before evening, but you have to be very subtle about it so that she would not think that I was missing her."