오십

Taehyung

I knocked on the door and waited for a response from the person sitting inside and I hear him say 'come in' and I slowly opened the door, making my way inside the room and he is there sitting down at his desk using his tablet and his laptop at the same time. "Taehyung? What are you doing here at such a timing? You don't usually come to visit me on your own like this, is there anything wrong?"

"Bang PD, I do have something that I want to talk to you about and it is about myself," I said to him and his facial expressions tell me that he needed me to explain to him and he is not liking that I am going to talk to him about something that he doesn't even know yet.

He nodded his head and gestured me to take a seat. "Tell me whatever that is on your mind and I see if I can help you."

"Alright." I licked my lips out of nervousness and I let out a sigh. "I know that it hasn't been long ever since I returned to the group and there are a lot of things lined up for me to take and all I have to say is that you have been such a great boss to me and you are always making sure that I get a lot of jobs and I am not disappointing you but I just have one problem."

"And what is that problem?" He asked me.

"I have been on a prolonged hiatus for the past year and I have been keeping myself away from the media and just using my time to manage a tiny cafe downtown and to take care of my mental health, I realized that I am not cut out for this life that I have been spending all of my time to perfect the persona that I show to the public and having so many people to be interested in me and love me but I can't be as happy as I am when I am not involved in the group," I said to him.

"So in short, you are saying that you don't have the desire to stand on stage anymore?"

"It is not like I can still sing and dance, I have to wear a metal brace on my leg so that I can walk around and most of the time it hurts a lot and I feel useless whenever that happens and you expect me not to dance around when there is music involved, that would just be killing me the second time," I said to him. "I am sorry to disappoint you again but I am leaving the group for real and I am not returning to the industry ever again."

"No!" I heard a voice and I turned around, Yang DongMi heard it and I don't want her to hear it especially when she was the one who tried her hardest to make me come back to the group and continue my passion as a performer and a celebrity.

She ran with all of her might and she stands beside me, panting and looking at me. "Don't say that, you can't do that to me."

"Taehyung, are you sure about that?" The boss asked me. "Are you sure that you will not regret this? Because it is a huge decision that you are making and you would have to let the members know as well, that you are going to leave them and you are not going to continue walking with them into the same dream."

"Yes, I am very sure about that," I said and I turned towards Yang DongMi who is now breathing more normally. "And I am taking her with me, she doesn't have much of a role if I am not around so she is coming with me."

"What are you talking about--" She gasped loudly as she fully realized what I have been saying to my boss. "You can't do that, Kim Taehyung."

"Prepare to send the news of me leaving the group and link it to my dating news if it is possible, it was a great time knowing you as a boss and you have done a lot to make my dream come true but I have to say goodbye to that dream," I said to him and I dragged DongMi out of the room as she continues to question me about what I even said to the CEO.

She didn't hear half of the things that I said to the CEO and she just said no because she thought that I have fired her or something, she must have thought that I would be uncomfortable with her when she rejected my confession and she thought that I would fire her and get a new manager.

"DongMi, calm down for a moment!" I said to her and she stops yelling. "It is not about you, I have been thinking about it for quite some time and I think that it is for the best."

"What is for the best? You belong to the stage and your fans love you so much, what you are doing is betraying them once again and they will hate you for real since you gave up on being a singer." She said to me. "And I thought that I was doing the right thing by making you return there and getting loved by everyone. Why would you even think about giving up?"

"Have you thought how useless I am in the group? I have a broken leg and although I am a good Singer, I can't even dance anymore and the only option is for me to appear on TV as much as possible so that I can earn money and it would be as good as I left the group so I decided to leave." I said to her. "You have done a great job of making me return and I am thankful for that but it seemed that I am that bastard who is doing the bad things, Yang DongMi."

A tear streams down her cheek. "Betrayer, I swear that I am going to hate you!" She yells at me and runs away from me, at least she is not going to be a manager that she doesn't want to be and I am not there to annoy her anymore.