육십 오

Dongmi

"Dongmi, can you switch off the stove? The kettle is going to be empty if you let it boil for any longer." My older sister says to me and I drag myself from the living room to the kitchen where I switch off the stove and look back at my older sister who is busy taking care of her baby.

I am at her place for the weekend and there was also a reason why I am here instead of being back at my parent's place, I fought with my mother because I switched to another major without telling her and now she is angry with me and I am angry with her as well. I was just bored out of this boring major and I found out what I wanted to do with my boring life...

"So you want to become a producer?" My sister asked me when I returned to the living room and little GaEul had both of her little hands in the air and I held her in my arms.

"That's right, but Omma doesn't approve of it," I said to my older sister.

"Because it is related to the entertainment industry and she doesn't want you to go back there ever again, she already tolerated that manager job that you took on half a year ago but she is not going to let you do that full time." She said to me. "You know what happened last time and Omma is just being protective of you."

"But my life is boring like this, Unnie," I said to her. "I want some excitement in my life and I would like you to understand that I still have a dream."

"Did you decide that you want to be one because of a certain person?" She said to me and I know who she is talking about and that person is not in the entertainment industry anymore, to be honest, I have no idea where he is right now.

I heard from Song Daeyeon that they sold the cafe in Daegu a few months ago and they are currently in a different town, Kim Taehyung specifically told him to keep the location of the new cafe a secret so that I would not go to him. As if I am ever going to search for him...

I am not interested in him and I will never be interested in him, it is a fact and I am going to uphold it. "Since when does my life evolve around him?" I asked my older sister and I am feeling so annoyed that she is starting to associate me with that jerk.

"Since the first time you met him, you wanted to work part-time in his cafe when you found out that he is working there. And then you later worked under him as his manager because you wanted him to stay in the industry and because that group has disbanded, you also stopped working there. So what do you think you would do if he suddenly moved back to Seoul? Would you follow him again?" She asked me.

Would I go find him again?

"Why would I do that again? Unnie, I don't like him and he doesn't like me either." I told her and GaEul raised her hand in the air again. "See? Even GaEul agrees with me."

"GaEul does that all the time, and you are being delusional." She let out a sigh. "Go apologize to Omma now. If you want to be a producer, you have to show her that you really love what you are saying and maybe she will accept you."

"You think so?" She nodded her head.

"It has been a while since you wanted to live for a different purpose, the Yang Dongmi from 2 years ago was someone who has lost all purpose in her life and it is so different from the Yang Dongmi now." She said to me, taking GaEul away from me.

"Go and do whatever you want to do, at least you will not regret it, and admit that you like Kim Taehyung. He has already confessed to you and the only thing that you have to do is to accept his feelings if you do like him as well."

"Unnie..." I looked at her and she was so busy feeding her child that she was not looking at me and she wanted me to take some action.

The thing is that I have no idea if I like Kim Taehyung for real, There were indeed moments that I was confused for a moment that I was falling for him but those moments felt so real to me and I didn't want to be away from him. Gosh, are those my real thoughts?

A phone call came in and I stared at it for a moment my older sister asked me who was on the line and I told her that it was Song Daeyeon, the robot barista who works with Kim Taehyung and he was calling me at this time without any reason.

"See, your chance is here. I would pick up the call if I were to be you." She said to me and I quickly answered the call. What could Daeyeon Oppa be calling me about?

"Dongmi, you finally answered. I thought that you wouldn't answer my calls."  His tone is a little awkward but he seemed kind of anxious at the same time.

"What happened?" I asked him and I set the call on speakerphone.

"It is about Taehyung hyung, he is currently in pain and I don't know what to do!"  The both of us looked at each other and we shrugged our shoulders.

"Send him to the hospital then, doesn't he need medical help right away?" I told him.

"It is not something that the doctors can heal, you are his only cure and I need you to come down here before this evening." I looked at the time, it was a little over 4 p.m. and the sun was going to set soon.

"Now? I can't be there by evening." I told him. "And where are you guys located anyway?"

"Jeju island, we are currently located in Jeju," I swear that he is joking around with me, there is no way that I would be able to reach Jeju by evening at this time and this was sudden.

"It is possible, I have already booked you on the next flight to Jeju and you will arrive by 7 pm." My older sister says to me as she shows me the ticket on her phone. "You have to hurry home to get your passport and forget everything else, you just have to be there by 7 pm."

"Thank you for allowing this to happen, whoever you are."  Daeyeon Oppa is thanking her and I am cursing my older sister with my eyes.

"Tell this your that his future sister-in-law is in full support of this relationship and I will do whatever it takes to get Yang Dongmi to Jeju island by tonight." She ended the call and she winked at me. "That is how you grab your chance at getting married, watch and learn and you will thank me later."