사십 구

DongMi

I let out a huge sigh as soon as I closed the door behind me, leaning my body against the door and slowly sliding down and my butt landed on the floor with a soft thud. It hurt a little but it doesn't hurt as much as the confession that I just rejected, I didn't want to do this but I had to because there is no way that an idol and his manager can have a relationship together.

It might work in Korean dramas where the female lead works for the male lead whom she hates at first but slowly she would develop feelings for the male lead overtime and find herself falling hard for the guy and the male lead would fall in love as well and they will have a happy ending, it is just too fake and the reason why it doesn't happen in real life.

Kim Taehyung is a very famous idol who took a very long hiatus from his career and he only returned to his group not too long ago, and he is not going to come up with some dating news that might just ruin his career in a matter of months. And it is not like I am in love with him, I don't have romantic feelings for him and I don't think that I would ever find myself falling for him.

He is a nice guy and he is TaeEun's older brother, he is a very considerate guy even though he can be annoying at times and he just loves to annoy the hell out of me but it doesn't mean that I like him. And I don't understand why he even liked someone like me, I am not that visually stunning as he would like in a girl and I know that because no one has ever told me that I am pretty and they want to date me or something.

I am just average looking and a superstar is falling for me, this must be a joke. Right, he told me that it isn't a joke and he is serious about liking me...

He is serious about liking me as a woman and I don't know how to deal with it, and I know that I should reject anyone that I don't like and I did that and now I feel so bad because I had rejected someone who is just so good. He is annoying as hell and he was the person who motivated me to take a step into the entertainment industry that I avoided it for the longest time and I became his manager and I was able to like working in an entertainment company not as an idol, but as a manager.

Things were okay between the two of us and nothing were awkward, we both care for each other and now the rejection has been there so things between the two of us are going to be so awkward and I must know how to deal with that. He must have told his members by now and he might even go to the CEO at some point and have me fired because he can't bear working in the same space as me and he wants to get a new manager.

It might be the best decision because getting a new manager is an easy thing for him as soon as the new manager knows how to take care of him and it is not a new thing to have managers replaced all the time, it is a normal thing and managers are treated like nothing and some experienced managers can be fired over a trivial matter and they don't get to explain themselves as well.

I don't know if Kim Taehyung is going to do that because it is an easy thing but I would have to go back to school and put my 100% into this degree that I am pursuing just because my mother wanted me to, she wanted to have a child who went to business school and since her eldest daughter went to art school and became a ballerina, I as her youngest daughter would have to fulfil her wish even though I don't want to.

That is why I even chose to be a kpop idol in the first place, it is to prevent myself from doing a desk job that I would hate myself for applying for it for the rest of my life.

My mother believed in me and allowed me to be the kpop idol that I wanted to but I failed to be one and was forced to go to business school because getting a business degree will get me to so many places and it is easy to get a job anywhere with a business degree, maybe taking the easy way out would be the best way to succeed in my life but a certain person called Kim Taehyung convinced me not to be a regular girl and get stuck to some miserable job.

I woke up the next morning with one purpose and I am going to convince the CEO not to fire me and allow me to stay, I can't be fired at this time no matter what or my mother is going to be disappointed in me once again.

I got to the dormitory to find Kim Taehyung first and some of the members were just getting out of bed and I approached the one who looks more awake than the others, he is sitting on the balcony just reading a book. "Namjoon ssi, may I know where is Taehyung ssi?" I asked him.

"Taehyung? He went to the company earlier this morning and he said that he has something to discuss with the CEO, he didn't tell you about it?" He replied and I quickly find a sturdy surface to lean on where I took a few seconds to process.

He is with the CEO and he is discussing something important with the CEO, he wants to get me fired because I hurt his feelings and I am to be blamed for all of this. I said goodbye to Namjoon and I made my way to the company, hoping that he didn't get me fired from my comfortable job as his manager.