삼십 일

DongMi

"What is your motive in being our manager? Is it because you don't have anything much to do as a failed idol?" I have never been so hurt by someone's words before, I know myself very well that I don't have the potential to be a K-pop idol and I have tried to be a K-pop idol once. And I failed and my group got disbanded in one year and I returned back to my normal life, it is something that I don't want to experience but I have done it and it is horrible, I don't like it at all but I don't have a choice and I don't want to go back there again.

But he doesn't have to say to me and right in front of everyone, in front of his precious members that I am a failure and yet I am here as their manager. He is really the worst person that I have ever met in my entire life.

"Kim Taehyung, you can't be rude to DongMi ssi. She is our manager for goodness sake." RM, the leader of the group tells him off and he didn't seem to get affected by it at all, not even in the slightest. "She may have not been that successful in being a K-pop idol but that doesn't mean that you can insult her like that."

He sighed deeply and grabbed my wrist, dragging me out of the room. "I will be back in a while, text me if you guys are going anywhere."

He brings me to one of the empty practice room and he locks the door, crossing his arms over one another as he looks at me. "What are you doing here for? Don't you have anything to do? I thought that you needed to study, you are a university student who failed in becoming a K-pop idol."

"Can you stop saying that? It is hurtful towards me and I don't need you to make me feel worse. I know that I failed, I know that I don't have the means to be a K-pop idol and I admit that I can't make it big in the entertainment industry but what about you? You have everything and you gave it all up because you got mad, you ran away from reality because you are a coward." I said to him clearly knowing that it would provoke him just like how he did that to me.

"I am not a coward!" He yelled at me.

"Yes, you are! If not, why did you run away from everyone for nearly a year when it is not even your fault, to begin with? And on top of it, you even opened a café and built your fake identity as the owner of your own café and abandoning your precious group members."

"Have you had enough? You think that you are doing the right thing but you are not, you are not needed to be here so leave. I don't want to see you ever again." He pointed a finger at the door. "Get out of here right now."

"I am not going to do that, especially when you came back here to become the K-pop idol that you have been." It is my time to cross my arms. "I have made a promise to TaeEun that I will return back to the entertainment industry if you returned back to your group and you did so I had to be your manager." I made that last part up, it would sound so ridiculous and desperate if I told him that I came up with that thinking that I would follow him if he returns back to your group.

"Why would you even do that?" He looked at me as if I am a weirdo or something but it is true, I am a weirdo and I do weird stuff all the time and half of the time I don't even know I am even doing. "You can become an idol trainee again, you are still young and you absolutely have a higher chance of debuting if you trained under my company. Or you can be a soloist, either way, you can achieve your dreams."

"But I don't have the fate to be one, you knew exactly what happened to my old group. TaeEun is pitiful not being able to see our group get loved by a lot of people but at least if I became a manager, TaeEun would be happy that not all managers are not as bad as she thought."

"I don't approve of it and I am sure that TaeEun doesn't want you to do this as well, go back to studying because that is what your mother wants you to do. Go and complete your degree and have a stable job that earns you a decent amount of money each month." He grabs my arm, attempting to throw me out of the room when one of his group members was just outside the door, he definitely listened to everything that we have said to each other.

"Taehyung, what are you trying to do?" He asked really cautiously, timidly pointing his fingers towards Kim Taehyung's hands and my arm.

Kim Taehyung immediately releases the grip on my arm. "What am I trying to do? I am doing nothing, I am just hanging out with my younger sister's best friend. I know her before I became an idol trainee, HoSeok hyung."

"Is that true?" He asked me, it isn't a lie, to begin with. TaeEun is indeed his younger sister and she was best friends with me, but the thing is that he didn't even know that I existed until last month when I worked at his café as an employee.

"Of course, we are. Right, Yang DongMi?" He is practically forcing me to go along with him, but it seems that I have the upper hand now since he is begging me to go along with him and I can definitely go against him.

"Are we?" I looked at Kim Taehyung and he was indeed panicking and I changed my words around. "Of course we are! I never knew that I would see him again returning back to his group after such a long time, I had a part in it to make him come back to join you guys."

"Oh really? I thought that it was Suga hyung who did that, I just knew that you would come back because of a guy. So it was a girl, and it is also our newest manager as well. That's great then, I hope that we will have a great time working together, Manager Yang." Jung HoSeok shook my hand and he got out of the room.

Kim Taehyung sighed deeply. "Great, you just made things even more complicated. Now they are going to think that the reason why I returned back is because of you and how I had feelings for you."

I laughed at the last part. "I have feelings for you? That's bullshit, I still hate you to the core." I patted his shoulder. "I hope that we can have a good time working together, Kim Taehyung."