사십 칠

DongMi

He grabbed my hand and intertwined them with mine. "We are walking together and I make the two of us look like a couple so that no one will think that I am Kim Taehyung but I am just some guy walking home with his girlfriend."

What is this guy even doing? "What are you doing? Let go of my hand, people are going to know--"

"Know what? We are not even a couple and you are just my manager, and it is much safer for me to act like your boyfriend rather than to go out on the streets on my own." He said to him, he is the only one who doesn't have any issues with whatever he is doing.

"I won't allow it, you are Kim Taehyung and you can't be holding hands with me like that and I am not even your girlfriend," I said to him, trying to pull away from him and he pulls me towards him, making me lean into him and I could feel his warmth and he smelt so nice.

I have been his manager for the past couple of weeks and I have never thought of Kim Taehyung as anything else but a K-pop idol and a very annoying one, he does nothing but creates all sorts of trouble for me to clean up after him and I get so stressed out by him, I just can't believe that there is someone so childish at his age when he should be getting mature.

Kim Taehyung is also someone that I would have to apologize for the rest of my life because TaeEun is his younger sister and I have not been able to protect TaeEun right up to her death, I am just lucky that I live in a first world country and I don't get killed by anyone that easily, but Kim Taehyung is that person that I can never be on the same level.

And I have never thought of him as a man until this moment where I got so close to him for the first time, where I could feel his warmth and I could smell his cologne, he smelt nice and I wanted to be in his arms for a little longer and then I realized that I shouldn't be doing this on the streets.

I pushed him away and stood farther away from him, my eyes looking down on the floor because I feel like I am going to blush hard if I look at him right now. "You're crazy, go home on your own then."

"Fine, I will not make fun of you anymore." He said to him, he put his hands in his pocket and I stared at his huge hands, those hands were the hands that gave me so much warmth. "Do you want to wear a cap so that you will blend in perfectly well?"

"Don't need, no one recognizes me anyway and you make sure that no one can see you and I will not lose my job," I said, walking faster so that I wouldn't have to be next to him.

We arrived at his apartment and he doesn't go in, he just stands there without saying a thing. "Why are you not going in?" I asked him.

"It is late at night and I don't know if your neighbourhood is safe for you to walk home alone, are there any perverts living in your area?" I shrugged my shoulders, I usually get home by bus and I don't take note of whatever is happening in my neighbourhood, if there is any, I am sure that my mother would know about it.

"What are you trying to do? You are going home no matter what, don't try to do anything funny." I said to him.

"But--" He is getting on my nerves, I feel like he is just there to make fun of me and I had enough of him.

I let out a huge sigh. "What is your deal, Kim Taehyung? Tell me honestly why you are doing this to me, I know that you don't like me that much and you have been teasing me and making fun of me since day one. I want to know why are you doing this to me and I am getting so tired of it."

"Yang DongMi..." He called my name. "Do you mean that?"

"I am serious about it, From day one, you have been treating me like this and playing around with me when you should be respecting me as your manager. I am not your younger sister, don't treat me like TaeEun." I said to him.

"I don't treat you like TaeEun." He told me and I scoffed. "Yang DongMi, you are just Yang DongMi to me."

"Then why are you making fun of me like this? Holding my hands and telling me to act as your girlfriend, are you trying to get me fired or what?" He shook my head. "Then tell me, tell me so that I can understand."

"I was trying to test my feelings towards you and I wanted to know if I liked you or it is just a sibling love thing." He looked at me. "It appears that I like you and my feelings for you is not because you are TaeEun's friend, it is because you are Yang DongMi."

Never have I thought that I would be able to hear these words being delivered without carrying any evil intention, and never had I thought that I would be hearing this from Kim Taehyung. This is the first ever confession that I have ever received and it is from Kim Taehyung, this is so wrong on so many levels.

"DongMi?" He called for my attention. "DongMi, are you still there?"

"Is this another prank of yours?" I asked him, not believing everything that he said to me, this can't be true at all. "You can't have feelings for me, I don't deserve to be loved by anyone, not even you."