Marathon

Dhwani's Pov:

Nidhi's question really made me think. What do I actually feel for him? Is it love? Nope I don't think so. I can't love him. I might had some feelings for him in past. But after seeing him with that woman all those budding feelings vanished. For me loyalty is what matters. I hate cheaters. But I do care for him. When you start to stay with someone you automatically become concerned about them. That's all what I am feeling for him. Nothing else.

"Dhwani, If you are not comfortable then don't answer." Nidhi slightly shook me, making me come out of my thoughts. I could see that she was feeling bad.

"It's ok Nidhi. It's just that I haven't thought about it ever." I tried to make her at ease.

"Let's drop that then." She said smilingly. We continued to make some samosas.

"Dhwani beta, I have to go now." Keshav uncle came to kitchen and told me.

"I m so sorry uncle. I didn't know that your daughter was pregnant. If I have known it before hand I wouldn't have agreed with Ma. Do you want me to tell her that you are busy?" I asked him.

"No, no. It's fine, now that I will be here only during day time it is not a problem. My son will be there at home during day time because he is having night shift. By the time he goes I will be there."

"As you wish uncle. If want any help please don't hesitate." I told him.

"Thank you beta. I will take my leave now." He gave me a genuine smile.

"Wait uncle, I have packed some snacks for your daughter. Please take that while going." She is a pregnant woman so might be having many cravings and all. At least I can do this. If I give him money he won't accept so this will do.

"Vansh is so lucky to get a girl like you." Uncle told with a smile. I don't think so. Saying he left with taking the box I have packed.

"That's so sweet of you Dhwani." Nidhi said.

"It's nothing Nidhi, did you understand how to make this? Now you try." I told her.

"Me? Do you want me to mess it up?" She asked worriedly.

"Don't worry I will correct you. Now be brave and start. Unless you try you don't know whether you will win or lose." I told encouragingly.

After leaving a long sigh she started. Oh god it was really funny seeing her messing all things and we both correcting it. It was so fun and extra work but it is a good kind of experience.

"Now Nidhi try putting samosa to oil like I have shown you. I have heated it up."

"Ok I will give a try." I shouldn't have asked her.

"Aahhhh." Nidhi screamed after putting the samosas in oil. When she put the samosa in oil and the oil splashed to sides she screamed so loudly making me laugh out loudly. The boys were in the living room and Adi came running to see what happened to us.

"What happened here? Why are you screaming?" He asked worriedly.

"That she got scared because oil splashed to sides." I told him difficultly because I was laughing badly.

"What Nidhi? Seriously!" Saying this he also started laughing looking at her face.

"Look at her face." We both said at same time making us laugh more and we hi-fied. I unknowingly leaned towards his side. By the time everyone was in kitchen including Vansh in wheelchair. Adi started explaining them and Vansh was continuously looking at me giving me a weird look making me stop laughing and retreat back.

"Something is burning." Advay voiced out.

All this time the samosa which Nidhi has put for frying is still in the oil and it had started to burn. I quickly reduced the flame and took it out of the frying pan. Then added fresh ones to it for frying. I turned towards all of them who were teasing Nidhi.

"You all go and sit in the living room, I will bring all these in few minutes." They all nodded at me.

"Nidhi you too go and clean up. I will handle this." I told her when she was going to object.

"I will stay back and help you," Adi said.

"Ok then." They all left and  I made everything quickly and he helped me plate it.

Taking all these in a big tray we both went towards living room.

"Just because you are continuously glaring at that area won't make them come soon." I heard Advay's sound making me frown. What is he talking about?

"Come fast,I was waiting for a long time. I am so hungry." Nikhil said as soon as he saw us. I saw Vansh signalling something to Advay and the latter gave him a smirk.

"You are always hungry." Adi said in a monotone.

"Shut up." Nikhil said instantly as if he knows that someone was going to say that.

I served all of them and gave a fruit bowl to Vansh.

"Why do I have to eat this things?" He asked me looking at fruits like it's some dirt.

"Doctor have asked you to not to eat anything oily for few days. It's not good for your speedy recovery." I told him what uncle has told me.

"There is nothing like that. I don't want this. Give me that." He said pointing towards the plate containing samosas.

"Excuse me, Mr Singhania as a doctor I can't allow you to eat this so enjoy your fruits." Before I could say anything Adi said in a professional tone.

"I am not hungry anymore then." Vansh said rudely. He is mad for sure.

"But you have to take medicines." I told him. He just glared at me.

"This is so yummy bhabhi. Now I will come here frequently. I am telling you in advance." Nikhil said while eating.

"Exactly this is so tasty." Advay said looking at Vansh making him more mad. They are just trying to rile him up and I can see that they are succeeding in whatever they trying to do.

"Why are you not eating anything?" Nidhi asked me.

"I am not hungry." I told them.

"Just like Vansh right?" Adi asked me.

"No, no it's just I had heavy lunch that's why."

"Whatever you say." Adi said in meaningful tone.

After having snacks they all helped me in cleaning and left after helping Vansh to his room.

I knocked the door to Vansh's room and when I heard come in I entered. I kept the plate I bought along with me on his bed. He sitting in the bed leaning towards the head board.

When he saw the plate containing samosa he gave me a boyish smile which directly affected my heart. I felt like it took a flip. He looked so handsome with that smile. Now he exactly looks like a kid who got his favourite food.

Oh god this is the first time he is smiling at me. Using his left he pulled me towards him in a hug and my heart went in a marathon, beating faster.

********************************
Hello everyone,
How are you all ?

Hope you all will enjoy this chapter.
Please do vote, comment and share.

With love
- SR