Caring

Dhwani's pov:

Why all firsts are happening together? His first smile towards me, our first hug. Give me some time to digest one then give another. He gently pulled away and started eating like a starved man. I think the hug was the byproduct of his excitement or happiness , he didn't even realised it.

"Don't tell anyone that I gave you this." I told. If Adi gets to know then I will get scolded.

"Nobody will know." He said in between eating.

"Ok." I said smiling softly. I turned to leave from his room. Spending so much of time in his presence and room is not good for my mental health. I just realised this thing lately.

I had to suddenly stop because of force pulling me back. I turned and saw that Vansh was holding my hand.

"What happened?" I asked him worriedly.

"Did you eat anything?" He asked me.

"Ehh." I was shocked.

"You didn't have anything that time. I am asking you did you eat?" He explained to me like I am some kid.

"N-No, I am not hungry." I stuttered. I didn't even think that he would notice.

"Why? Have you seen yourself, you look like a stick." How dare he?

"Excuse me? I look like a stick?" I repeated his statement.

"Yes, you do." He affirmed.

"What? I don't look like that. I weigh 55kg and you are telling me that I look like a stick. Did something happen to your eyes when the accident occurred?" I am almost fatty and he is staying that I look like a stick. What? Is he mocking me? But can a person mock someone with this much seriousness?

"Nothing happened to my eyes. Go have something woman. It's just evening." He dismissed me so smoothly. I also left from there soon otherwise I might start fighting with him.

Here I am struggling to control my weight and he called me a stick. I should be happy that someone said that I became slim but I felt like I got insulted. Maybe because he said so. I was much more heavier even during my teen and early twenties and everyone use to advice me to reduce weight or I will look ugly and nobody will marry me. I had struggled hard to cut down my fat and become like how am I today. But still couldn't make that perfect body. My body was always one of my major insecurity factor.

I never thought I will get to marry someone like Vansh. At first I thought why would such a handsome guy like him want to marry a plain Jane like me. I am not someone who can called beautiful or pretty. I am just an ordinary girl. After knowing the reason of our marriage I got to know he didn't marry me by his wish, so the poor guy might have not got a choice. Just few more days Vansh.

It's already late evening and I just finished making dinner. I was craving for some chinese so I made egg fried rice for myself and soup for Vansh. He already had oily food in the evening. I couldn't see his sullen face in evening. He looked so cute, like a child who was denied to play with his favourite toy. And that was my undoing . If I repeat falling for that face then I will be in trouble. Hope that he will have food without showing any tantrums. At times he is worst than a kid. At least we could divert their attention and feed them but here this guy isn't a kid but is surely acting like one.

Well let me give food to him first then only I will be able to sleep and I am so tired today. Keeping everything in the tray I went to his room. After knocking I entered and went towards him.

"Here is your dinner." Saying this I arranged everything on the small table.

"Where is yours'?" He asked as soon as I kept food in front of him.

"In kitchen." What's with him now?

"Then bring it here." He said.

"No, no it's fine. I will have it from there." I told him. I don't want to eat from here. It feels like I sitting on nails and anything can happen in any second.

"Don't make me repeat. Just go and bring it." He kind of raised voice scaring me.

Now I am sitting in front of this scary man having my dinner. His one sentence in that tone is enough  for to scare me. What if he didn't have dinner if I didn't do as her says? That's why I agreed with his demand. He have to take medicines and taking it in empty stomach is not good for health.

"Why do I have to drink this and not eat that?" He asked pointing towards my plate making me hold it tighter. There's no way that I am sharing it with him. I am so hungry.

"Because you are  not well and doctor had advised  you to eat light food for few days." I told him.

"Whatever!" Saying this he continued to have his soup.

Thankfully that went well. He didn't say or do anything. After finishing dinner I gave his medicines and helped him to go washroom and all.

Now finally I can enjoy my much needed sleep. I went to my room and took a short shower and was applying my body lotion when my phone rang. Who is calling now at this time? Grumpily I went towards my phone. It was our mothers doing a group video call. It's been so long since I saw them, so I took the call.

"Hello beautiful ladies I missed you both." I said as soon as the call got connected.

"We missed you too." Both said in unison.

"How are you both?" I asked them. I didn't realise I missed my mother this much. I am becoming emotional.

"Oh we are fine. What about you? Is my son tiring you out?" His mother asked seriously.

"No, no Ma, he is not." Liar lair pants on fire. Shut up inner mind.

"Oh come on, I am the one who gave birth to that nalayak. As soon as he gets sick he becomes all clingy. That guy won't even allow me to move a bit. I am sure that he is not allowing to do anything." She said while chuckling.

I just laughed with her, other than that I don't know what to do. Only if she knew how is our relationship.

"By the way where is Vansh, Dhwani." My Ma asked me.

"He is in his room." I said without thinking. Shit what have I done??

********************************
Hello everyone,
How are you all?
How's new year treating you all?

Here is the new chapter. Hope that you guys will enjoy.

Please vote, comment and share.

With love
- SR