Your husband

🔞Warning: Slightly mature content!  Read at your own risk. 🔞

Dhwani's Pov:

It feels so good to bond with your once best friend. I never how much I missed this type of conversation until I had one. I wished we met before.

"Why are you still staying with him?" He asked me once I am done telling him about my tragic life story.

"I am waiting for him to sign divorce papers." I told him.

"Are you sure?" He asked me seriously.

"I- I am." I said feebly.

"You have every right to get a divorce without his permission. Why didn't you tell your parents about everything? Why did you keep quiet? You had this much time to tell everything, then why didn't you?" He asked everything which I was hiding from.

"I-I ...." I didn't have anything to say.

"Do you have feelings for him Dhwani?" He asked me making my heart skip a beat.

Do I have feelings for him? I think so. But I don't think it's more than my self-respect. The way he has treated this marriage I don't think I should have any feelings for him. But what to do? I feel so attracted to him that it's scary. I tried running away from it every time but now I don't know what to do and how to handle it. I am so sure that I am gonna end hurt because of him.

"I don't know why I am like this. Papa was sick for a few during before this marriage proposal came. I was ok accepting this proposal but never thought that it will become something like this. After my marriage, he was admitted to the hospital due to overexertion. He was becoming weak. I didn't have it in me to telling him all these. I promised him that I will give everything to make this marriage work. But I failed somewhere. I didn't want to hurt him. My parents are my everything. I would never wish to hurt them more I have done. That guilt was eating me alive and I didn't want to add more misery in their quota." I told him emotionally.

"And you kept everything in you silently." He said taking my hand in his in a supporting way.

"I didn't want to burden anyone. Maithili was already stressed about her life and I didn't trust anyone else." I told him.

"I am so sorry Dhwani, I didn't try to contact you soon. I am sorry that I wasn't there with you all this time when you were suffering. I feel so guilty." He said guiltily.

"It's all over Amith, now you are here. That's what matters." I told him with a smile.

"I know baby." He said cheekily.

"Oh really." I replied.

"Now please wipe that tears otherwise people will think that I am breaking up with you." He said making me laugh.

This is what true friendship feels like. Even after so many years, everything is the same. Nothing changed except the fact we have grown up physically.

"I am here for you always. Remember that." He said seriously.

"I know this dirt won't leave me ever." I told him.

"Come drama queen, I will drop you. It's already late." He said while looking into his watch.

"Oh god, I didn't realise that it's this much time. I need to go home soon." I told him getting worried. I have never stayed out this late.

"Already missing your husband?" He teased me.

"Are you coming or not?" I asked him without replying to his question and got up from the chair.