Closer

Vansh's Pov;

It's already 7 and she is not here to meet me yet. What happened today? Otherwise she will come to meet me the first thing after she is home. I got to know that she is home from uncle. Did she come early and overheard our conversation? Did she get to know everything? Fuck no! This can't be happening now. My plan can't fail like this after coming all the way till here. I need to see her now.

Fuck! Walking with this stick is so difficult. It hurts like a bitch while climbing down the stairs. She was always there to help me that I never realised how difficult is to walk with a broken leg. It's due to my own action so can't complain now. But seeing her so more important. What if she gets know everything? What am I supposed to tell her? Fuck! Fuck! I should have been more careful.

Somehow I reached near her room. Every step I take towards her room my heart beat is increasing. I gently knocked her door. No response. This can't be happening with me now!!! I can't wait anymore so I banged on her door. I could hear movements from inside the room. Maybe she was sleeping.

The sight of her face when she opened the door shocked me to core. Her eyes were red indicating that cried. Her is so pale that it's white. Her lips were dried and torn. Over all she looked so tired. I have never seen her like this. She always had a fresh appearance.

"Wh-at ha-happened Dhwani?" I have never stuttered like this in front of anyone. Don't tell that you know everything now!

As soon I asked her she hugged me started crying making worried. If she is hugging me then she might have not heard us. But still I have to confirm it.

"What happened Dhwani? Did something happen to you or did anyone say something to you?" I asked her calmly while hugging her back and stroking her hair.

"I am sorry for acting like this, it's just that I got my periods and it's hurting so badly." She told me after untangling herself from my arms. Words made me heave a long sigh making me realise that I was holding my breath.

"It's ok, do you have any medicine for the pain?" She nodded no and lowered her head.

"I will ask somebody to bring it then,  do  you want something else?"I asked her while pushing her face upwards with my hand. Again she nodded a no.

"Then come lay down for sometime till the medicine comes." I told her hand lead her towards the bed. After making sure that is laying on the bed I went outside to make some phone calls.

I went to kitchen and kept water for boiling. I made hot chocolate in another pan and took a big bar of chocolate which bought yesterday and kept all these things in the tray. I filled the hot bag with water and went towards her room. Walking with the walking stick and holding a tray was very difficult task. But now she needs my help. All this while she was running here and there for doing all my things, so I can do at least this much for her.

I went inside her room and gave her the hot bag. She was looking at me surprisedly.

"What happened?" I asked her not understanding why is looking at me like this.

"How do you know all these?" She asked me.

"Oh this, I have a sister and a girl best friend so have to know all these things." I told her. I have seen Dad doing all these things for Ma and she has given me classes on menstruation which was very awkward at that time. But it became handy later in life.

I gave her hot chocolate which gladly accepted from my hands. And from her expression I think she likes it. Don't why I felt so good after seeing her expression. After drinking it she again laid down.

Suddenly the bell rang, because of which she tried to get up from the bed.

"You lay down, I will go and check who is it." I told her.

"But your leg.."

"I can walk now so lay down without saying anything" I cut her off when she was saying something.

It was my Tharun, my assistant. I have texted him to get medicines and food for us.

"Sir, here is what you asked for." He said.

"Ok. You can go now." I told him and he left saying a good bye.

I went back to kitchen and kept the food there and took a glass of water and went towards her room.

"Here, take your medicine." I told her forwarding the medicine and the water in her direction. She silently took and drank it.

"Ok then, you sleep for some time. I will leave then." I was turning to leave from her room when I felt a tug on my hand. She was holding my hand. I gestured her what with my eyebrows.

"Can you um- stay here for sometime?" She asked me hesitantly.

I didn't reply her but settled myself  near her in bed. She eyes were closing itself due to tiredness. It might be paining a lot. She slept soon but I was wide awake.

I was thinking about what all things happened today. What would have happened if she got to know everything? Will she leave me? Of course she will leave. Then what would have happened. I am getting extra attached to her presence nowadays. Fuck this is getting complicated.

Dhwani's pov:

I woke up so tired. This time period pain was out of my tolerance level. Shit I hugged and cried in front of him. What would have he thought about me? On top of that I asked him to stay here. But didn't expect that he would stay. What was I thinking? I am feeling so embarrassed now.

But the way he cared for me did something to my heart. And all those hormones made me say that. I felt like I need his presence beside me.

What is happening to us these days? Why did I crave for his presence today? In these two years of our marriage he was never there for me but today he cared. He made me feel special today and I can't deny that to myself now.

When I looked at the clock it was already quarter past nine. It's time for Vansh to take his medicine, before medicines I have to give food. Oh god I haven't prepared anything.

I quickly tried to get up from the bed which I failed because I was holding Vansh's and he also was holding it tightly. Now he is awake because I pulled him also while getting up.

"Where are you going?" He asked me.

"I haven't made anything for dinner and you have to eat before taking medicines?" I told him while trying  removing his hold from my hands which he wasn't leaving.

"Don't worry about that, take away is already there in kitchen. You take rest now." He told me.

"I am fine now. I will go and heat the food then." I told him and he nodded, he was still holding my hand making me look at him.

"What happened, is it paining again?" He asked me worried. He looks so cute like this. Dhwani, it's not the time. My inner voice told me.

"My hand.." I just trailed off.

"Oh" He slowly loosened his hold making me miss his warmth.

I quickly ran from there otherwise I am sure I was going to embarrass myself by saying something.

Where is our relationship heading to? Dear god I have no idea what is happening, please do something.

*****************************
How's this chapter?

Next update will be soon.

Please vote, comment and share.

With love

-SR