Lovely Breakfast

Dhwani's POV:

woke up to an empty bed today. He wasn't an early riser, even I am not. But still, I wake up earlier than him. Where did Vansh go? Might be in his room. I went to the washroom and did my morning routine. I went back to my room, took my dress for the day, arranged everything on the bed, and went to the kitchen.

I didn't expect the scene which I saw in the kitchen. It was completely messed up. But that was not the scene that shocked me, it Vansh who was standing in the middle of the kitchen and cooking. Does he cook? I didn't know that moreover I never him saw in the kitchen before today.

He's looking cute and handsome at the same time. I was quietly admiring him he turned around and see me. I quickly wiped that stupid smile from my face and became serious.

"Hey, good morning!" He wished me.

"Morning, What are you up to?" I asked him in doubt because I have never seen him cooking before.

"I was making breakfast for us." He said enthusiastically.

"You know how to cook?" I asked him.

"Nope, youtube tutorials." he said while washing his hands.

"Let me help you." I said and started to walk towards him.

"NO, NO!! I am almost done. You go and sit in the dining room. I will bring breakfast shortly." He said hastily.

"Are you sure?" I asked him again because seeing my kitchen's horrible condition, I am sure he might need my help.

"Yep." He said without even looking away from what he was doing.

I went to the dining hall and sat there. I took out my phone and replied to messages. I texted Amith to see if he is free anytime soon. He is always busy, we couldn't spend more than half an hour without his phone ringing in between. I had so many things to share with my best friend. I want to about his life too. We never got time to have this heart to heart conversation.

How fun was school days? You really don't have to worry about anything. No extra emotional baggage and all, just enjoying life. I have definitely enjoyed those days to the core. Dance, studies, friends everything made it much more fun and memorable. Now almost nothing of such is there in my life.

I got the exact monotonous life that I hated during my teenage. I wanted to live freely. I didn't want to have a 9 to 5 job. Instead, I wanted to do something different than this. But look where life has brought me now. An 'I don't know what is happening in marriage life, unpredictable husband and whatnot. Sometimes I feel sad for myself.

I was going down memory lane when Vansh came to the dining area with breakfast made by him. I hope it's edible. I am not insulting him instead I am praying for the good health of my stomach.

Wow, he made an omelette, toasted bread and coffee.  that's really great for someone who doesn't know cooking. I am impressed. It doesn't look that bad also. Actually, it does but who I am to judge. I have done much worse during the initial days, so he had done very well for a first-timer.

"Have it and tell me how is it?" He told while serving for both of us.

Once he is settled I took a bite of omelette and ate it. It's not bad and not good too. But I am not going to tell him and upset him. He is looking at me like a kid who is waiting for chocolate. He looks too adorable o make him sad. I don't know what had happened to me nowadays I am using a very wide variety of adjectives for him.

"It's nice." I told him with a smile for which he replied with a boyish grin and continued eating. I took a sip of coffee, it is good.

We had our breakfast in silence and once he finished he left saying that he has to take shower. I am early today so I had breakfast leisurely. When I finished having food I took all the dishes and went to the kitchen.