Awkward

Dhwani's POV:

At hospital

After that weird interaction with Aditya, I was left alone in that corridor. I don't know when I slept off in the uncomfortable chair. When the nurse came to call me then only I woke up after my nap. She informed me that they will shift Vansh to room in few minutes as he out of danger now.

When he was shifted to the room he was unconscious. The room was a luxurious one with a center bed for the patient and big couch type bed for the by-standee. There is a LED TV mounted on the wall facing the bed and a cupboard in the inner side of the room, also a window facing the hills. Overall the room looks like a hotel room if not for the medical equipment and patient present in the room.

This is the first time we both are alone in a same room after our disastrous first night. After that day we both never stayed in a same room alone. He didn't like to be with me. He loathed my presence. This might be the only time he have calm expression on his face when is with me. Otherwise he always used to scowl at me.

I always hated him for being an ignorant husband and spoiling my life. But never ever wished something like this happen to him. I don't feel normal; I am not feeling good seeing him like this. It shouldn't have affected me if anything happened to him but it is affecting be badly that I want to cry seeing him like this. What the hell is happening with me? Tears started falling from my eyes which turned into sobs. I didn't when I slept while crying.

A few hours later:

I woke up by listening to a groaning sound coming from the room. He is awake now. I ran towards him.

He was slowly opening his eyes. I didn't know what to do seeing him like that.

"Where the hell I am?" he asked groggily.

"You had an accident and is at hospital." I replied timidly. I am scared of him.

"What are you doing here?" I swallowed whatever sarcasm was sprouting in my mind and replied calmly that I was summoned here by the authority.

"I will call doctor." By saying this I literally ran from that room, it was awkward talking to him normally.

Soon the senior doctor along with Aditya came to the room and took vitals and did few tests.

"How are feeling Mr Singhania?" the senior doctor asked Vansh.

"Feels like a truck ran over me and it hurts like bitch." This made Aditya chuckle and Vansh shoot a glare towards him.

"Indeed you were hit with a truck Mr Singhania. It was just your luck that you came out alive after such an accident."

"Vansh would be fine doctor. How long do I have to spend in bed doctor?"

"You have to take bed rest for atleast two months." Doctor replied

"What the hell!"

"Yes young man, if you wouldn't have driven recklessly then nothing of this sort might have happened. Now both of you husband and wife listen to me carefully; you are not getting up from the bed other than for using washroom. Is that clear?" he asked in strict tone for which both replied in same time making both of us looking at one another.

"Vansh I can see that you are having a beautiful wife. But I am refraining from doing the deed at least for one month because you can't strain your body." The doctor said in fake strict voice making Aditya giggle.

His statement made the atmosphere more awkward for me than it is already is and on top of that I heard Vansh scoffing.

"Dear, take care of his medicine routine and all other instructions will be given by nurse. It's your duty to follow all those even if he doesn't. I am trusting you with him OK?" he asked me.

"Yes doctor I'll take care of everything" I smiled at him. He is such nice person. I instantly liked him if I ignore his earlier comment.

Soon after he left the room Aditya started laughly.

"Shut up you asshole!" Vansh shouted at him which made groan in pain and Aditya laugh a little more.

"If you drive recklessly then you are going to be like this only." He said while pointing at Vansh's body.

I think they forgot that I am also present in this same. I just feel like situation where our distant relatives come home and we have to interact with them even if you don't know them. It was the most uncomfortable situation in life while growing but living with this person that felt like nothing because at least my family was there. But here no one is there for you. Suddenly the room became silent which made me look at them. Then only I realized that they were looking at me.

"Dhwani why don't you go home, freshen a bit and come back?" Aditya asked me out of the blue.

"It's ok. I can manage." I gave him a tight lipped smile which made him frown.

"You have been here since yesterday midnight and I have noticed that you haven't moved from here at all not even for having food if you minus the coffee which I bought for you. So go home take a shower and have some food, then come back." He told me politely.

"What if something is needed here?" hearing my question he gave a warm smile.

"Don't worry I will stay here and will take care of this of this idiot till you come back. Then only I will go home."

"OK then, do you want me to bring food for you." I asked him.

"That would be so nice of you considering that I stay alone."

"What about his food?" I couldn't help myself other than asking.

"He can't have food from outside. His food will be provided from canteen from time to time. You don't worry about that." All the while Vansh was staring at us which were making me uncomfortable. Nodding at Aditya I left from there and went towards exit.

____________________________________

Please do vote, comment and share.

It would be encouraging for beginner writers like me.