In his arms

Dhwani's Pov:

Oh no! What did I say? Where was my brain when I was blurting out that? It was a unsaid rule between us that none of our parents will get to know what is happening between us and now I unknowingly said something wrong.

"What do you mean by that he is in his room?" My mother asked with her famous questioning face.

Oh god why am I blank now. Just say something idiot. Say!!!!

"I meant he is in our room." I told.

"Then where are you?" His mother asked me.

"I-I am in kitchen,yeah kitchen." I blurted our in hurried tone.

"What are doing there at this time?" My mother started her questioning.

"I just came to drink some water." That was best I could come up with.

"How can you so irresponsible Dhwani? Why didn't you keep a jug with water in your room? What if he needs water in middle of night? Poor boy is not even able walk by himself and you are being like this?" My mother scolded me.

"Arey, it happens. She is just a kid like him. She is doing everyone for him. It's normal that she forgets some small things. And the poor guy you are talking about is not at all poor. You don't know him that's why you are saying all these." Yay I love my mother in law.

"Dhwani beta just give the phone to Vansh once. His phone is not getting connected." She said to me making my eyes go wide. Now what should I do. If I don't go there our mothers will doubt something. Mothers have a special ability to sense our lies and if go to his room, I don't what will be his reaction. Why god? Why me?  What sin did I do that you are putting me in this type of situations?

"Just a minute Ma, I will call you back." I told her.

"What is the need of cutting the call? Just walk fast to your room." My mumma told. Did she get any doubt? Please no.

"Ok, I m going then." Saying this I literally ran to his room.

I didn't bother to knock and take permission and all. We don't have time for all those things now. I ran towards his bed. He was giving me a questioning look. I was going to tell him what is the matter. Then only I realised that I haven't muted the call, so I did that first along with switching off the camera.

"What happened Dhwani? Why did you run like that?" He asked.

"Our mothers are in a conference video call and want to see you." I told him pantingly.

"Oh shit! Just climb on to the left side of the bed quickly." He said in a hurry.

"But why should I climb in your bed?" I asked him doubtfully.

"Dhwani did you reach your room?" I heard my mother's voice from my phone.

"Just shut up and get into the bed now." He said in a threatening tone making me jump and do as he said. I quickly ran to other side of the bed and sat on the it.

"Why are you sitting at the end of the bed? Come closer." He said in a whisper.

"Huh." I was dumbfounded.

"Fucking come here soon before they realise anything." This made me go closer to his side.

"Now get inside the blanket." I did as he said.

"Lean on to my shoulder." What?

"But why?" I asked him.

"Do as I say now! Ask questions later."

As soon as I leaned towards him, he hugged me sideways making me shock and look at him.

"Now connect the call." He said. What was the need to hug me like that? And I like a robot did everything as he told. I adjusted the phone in a way that we both are visible to them.

"Hello ladies! How are you both?" He asked cheerfully. Is this the same person I know?

"Stop looking at me like that and talk to them normally if you don't want them to think that you can't take your eyes off me." He told me in whisper making snap out of it. I just hope that nobody sees the redness that crept on my face due to his words and the proximity between us.

"We are good. Beta how are you? Is she taking good care of you? If not just tell me, okay?" Is she seriously my mother.

"Oh, come on, she is the best. I am sure that she is taking good care of him. I am worried that he isn't living her alone and over working her." Said his Ma.

"Ma, I don't do anything like that. Tell her that I am good." Vansh said while pointing towards me.

"Yes Ma. He is correct and Mumma, am I really your daughter? Don't you trust me at all?" I asked my mother playfully.

"You are my daughter that's why I am scared. You do all the dumbest things with utter seriousness." She said in a mock serious tone. And all of them laughed at me except Vansh he was just smiling not laughing like others.

"Yeah, yeah. That's why she chose my son as her life partner." Ma said making me laugh.

"Ma, I love you. You are my real mother." I told her before showing my tongue to them.

"Wow, so mature. At your age I was mother two kids and look at you still acting like a child." My mother said. Her all time favourite dialogue.

"By the way, when will we get the happiness of becoming grandmothers?" Ma asked making shut my mouth.

I didn't realise that when the arm around me tightened and I was almost laying on his chest. All this time I tried to avoid the warmth seeping through my skin. Thankfully he was wearing a T shirt.

"Well Ma, in this condition it's bit difficult to move. Once I am out of this bed, you can expect it anytime." He said it so casually that I thought he was talking about whether and looked towards me with his trademark smirk. I can imagine my face being resembling to a ripe tomato. Is he serious? Don't say something like this, now my mumma will start pestering me.

"Take your time, beta. We are not forcing you. It's just that we are getting old and want to see your kids." My mumma emotionally make me feel guilty. How many more lies I have to say now?

"Arey aunty look at you. You look very much younger than your age and you are saying that you are old." He said so sweetly that I will die of over sugar. He is flirting with my mother. He never talked to me like that.

"Stop flirting with my mother." Oops I said it aloud.

"Why? Are you jealous baby?" Baby, oh my god. Who is this and what happened to my always brooding Vansh? He was much more easy to handle. This Vansh will make me blush to death. Don't embarrass me anymore my dear cheeks.

"Me and jealous, no way!" I somehow blurted our without stuttering. Great job Dhwani, I am so proud of you.

"Sure, if you say so." He said in a teasing tone.

Now I can't control anymore. All this time I was trying not to sleep. But the warmth from him is making me more sleepy. Already I am very much tired and sleepy. On top of that this cozy warm blanket is making more drowsier. I didn't realise when I slipped into a comforting sleep that too in his arms.

**************************

Sorry for late update.

Pls vote, comment and share.