The Beginning

"Excuse me; I got a call from here." Dhwani said to the receptionist in the inquiry counter in the LifeCareMulti-specialtyHospital.

"Ma'am are you here for MrSinghania?" the receptionist said after checking the record having special instructions.

"Yes that's my husband. Where can i find him?"

"Ma'am he is ICU right now, please follow me I will take you there."

"No its fine, just tell me the way I can go alone."

"Ma'am we have special order from the MD to not cause you any troubles." The lady said in professional tone.

"Ok then." Dhwani replied.

The receptionist took her to VIP section and showed her the ICU and told wait for doctor as he is inside and will be back soon.

Dhwani's POV:

I am waiting outside the ICU for the doctor to come out and tell me what happened to 'him'. I was called here saying that he got into an accident and is in critical condition. I don't know what to feel right now. Yeah he is my husband from past two years but we never shared any relationship with each other. Not even a friendship. I married for the sake of my father's words. I don't know about him though because have never talked to each other at all.

I was thinking about all these when suddenly the ICU door opened and the doctor came out. And the doctor was none other than AdityaThakur, one of the best friends of my husband Vansh Singhania. He gave me an awkward smile in return of my uncomfortable smile. Even though we both know each other since day I got married to Vansh, but we never bothered to get acquainted with each other. So it was awkward right now.

"What happened to him?" I asked him unable to contain my anxiety which started the moment I got call from the hospital.

"Well Dhwani, Vansh's car hit with a truck in the highway and as Vansh was driving the car so got injured badly, thankfully the air bag worked at the correct time so he don't have head injuries. But he has fractured leg and an arm."

It was surprising to know that he knows my name.

"He will be fine right?" I regret asking that question to him because of look he is giving me.

"Yeah he will be, don't worry. I need you to fill some forms and sign in few papers so that we can start his surgery."

"What? But how can I?" I asked unsurely and he gave an are you stupid look.

"Why not? You are his legally wedded wife and guardian in the absence of his parents. So only you can do this right now."

"But we- "he didn't allow me to complete my sentence.

"Dhwani it's not time for all these things his surgery is important right now and all other things are trivial. So just follow me and do as I say." I didn't have any other option than following him.

In Aditya's cabin

" Have a seat and fill the form." I took a seat infront of his table and started filling the form.

I just realised that other than the name, age, address and phone number I don't know anything about him.

"I.. um.. don't his blood group and other details." I told him without looking into his eyes.

"It's ok. I will do that just fill other things and sign it." He said in a comforting tone maybe after understating my situation.

"Thanks." I told him genuinely.

"You can wait outside the ICU, the surgery will start in few minutes and if you want you can go home."

"No its fine I will wait here." Suddenly there was knock on the door and Aditya shouted a come in. A nurse entered inside.

"Doctor it's an emergency the ICU patient...." she didn't completed her sentence and Aditya started running towards ICU where Vansh is admitted.

Oh God please don't let anything happen to him. It's true that I don't like him but I am scared right now.

In front of ICU

I don't know how many hours passed while sitting here. Few nurses went inside and outside of the OT. But none of them said anything moreover they were in rush. Lekha ma, his mother called me many times to how he is. She is in London with Vedika, Vansh's younger sister who is doing her graduation. Ma doesn't want her daughter to be alone that's why she had gone with her. Samrat Singhania his father is also with them because he can't live without his wife. So here after handing over the business to Vansh after our marriage they all went London. They are supposed to come back by next year. As Vansh is married and he has wife to take care of him, Ma is at ease. Her thoughts not mine, but she doesn't even know what sort of circus was happening here. If she gets to know how our marriage is then she will be devastated.

After few more torturous hours finally the red bulb in front of OT was off and a tired looking Aditya along with few doctors and nurses came out. I automatically stood up from the chair after seeing them.

"The surgery was successful and patient will be transferred to room shortly." The older doctor among them told me. After hearing this only I felt ok.

"Thank you so much doctor." He nodded at me and left from there.

"I will come just now." Aditya told and left.

In all these chaos I didn't realise that it is already morning as I was here since midnight. I think I should call office and give my leave application.

After making all the necessary calls I again went back to the waiting chairs infront of ICU. My head is paining maybe due to lack of sleep. Suddenly a hand holding a cup of coffee forwards towards me and owner of the hand was none other than Aditya. He urged me to take the cup when I hesitated. Anyways I took it from him.

"We all are not that bad as you assumed you know?" he chuckled and said.

Well only time will tell about that.