Holding up

Dhwani's pov:

I am coming home first time after my marriage. I know it's been a long time, but usually it was them who visits me. I was busy with my studies and my parents being the understanding one they come and visits me. I don't know how I am going to tell them everything but I have to do it ASAP. I want to hug papa and cry in his embrace. I want to complain about everything to him.

God give me strength! I rang the calling bell and waited for someone to open the door. I quickly tried to put a smile on my face.

It was my sister who opened the door, to say that she was shocked will be understatement.

"Oh my god, di!!! I missed you so much." She said and leaped on to me.

"Who's there at door, Divya?" My mother cane behind her.

She was also shocked because I am not a person who gives surprises like this. Her facial expression was hilarious.

"Am I dreaming or what?" She said in shock.

"Come on Mama, you aren't!" I went inside and hugged her making her come out of her shocked state. Then she slowly hugged.

"Did you come alone? Where's Vansh?" She asked me. The smile on my face slipped a bit.

"What Mama, you beloved daughter had just came home and you didn't even asked about her well-being?" I said jokingly.

"I am sorry beta, it's just.." she said guiltily.

"Oh come on, now give me something to eat. I am very hungry." I told her.

"I will prepare something." She said smilingly caressing me face. I missed this.

"I will take a quick shower and come. Divz hope you have not messed my room." I asked her.

"How can I? Your sweet mother is guarding it 24/7 because she doesn't want to upset her lovely daughter." She said tauntingly. Of course she is kidding.

"Well she loves me more." I told her.

"I missed you so much." She said emotionally and hugged me.

"Oh my god! You seriously missed me? Now I can die in peace." I told her.

"Chal be." She pushed me towards the stairs.

"I will be back soon." I told her went to my room.

I heaved a long sigh once I reached my room. Nothing has changed here. I could feel the tears welling up my eyes. How long will I be able to hide it? I don't know. Without thinking much I went and took shower.

After that I went downstairs and had food. It was such a relief to my taste buds and stomach. I didn't realise that the last meal which I had was day before yesterday.

"Did you inform Vansh that you have reached?" Mama asked me out of nowhere.

"Yeah- I mean yes, I have texted." I told her.

"Di, come I want to show you something." Before she could say anything else my sister came and dragged me with her.

Thank god. I was not ready to tell her everything. Absentmindedly I sat with her while she was talking about something. What am I going to do next?

Suddenly calling bell rang making me come out of my thoughts.

"Di, go and hide. It might be papa. Let's surprise him." She said excitedly.

"Yeah." I smiled at her.

According to her instruction I went and hide behind the living room wall. From here I can see who's coming in but they can't see me. Yep she is correct, it's our father only.