Chapter 68

"This is my Dadi's room. See .. See na..",says Sana as she drags Sidharth towards a door. She tries to find a key to the room among the bunch in her attempt to open the lock on the door. Sidharth takes the bunch from her hand and after a few attempts successfully opens the door. The room is dark and Sidharth opens the windows and soon everything gets illuminated. This room is basically empty with just a broken chair at the corner. Sana's face turns down,"The room is empty. Yahaan ek itna bada bed tha. There was a big almira there on that side full of phulkari dupattas and other beautiful clothes. I used to put the dupatta on my head and play." Sidharth could sense sadness in her voice.

Few days back Mamaji had visited her with Rinky. He had informed Sana that a court case that was going on between her and her father's distant cousins related to the ownership of her house in Punjab has finally reached a verdict. Court had granted the ownership to Sana. Mamaji said,"Ab putar yeh tauda ghara hai. Tusi phaisla karo tusi ki karoge. (This is your house. You decide what will you do.)Whether you want to keep it or sell it, is entirely your decision. But if you ask me, I feel you should sell it as it is not possible to maintain such a huge house. Waise bhi tusi uthe kade vi jaake rahoge na.(You are never going to live there.)"

After he had left, Sana was left in turmoil on what she should do with the house. She was sitting in the room when Sidharth entered. Pulling her into his arms, he asks,"Moti baby! Kya hua? Talk to me.." Sana does not react but puts her arms around him tightly. "No reaction to Moti? Wow! You are silent means something is seriously wrong." Sana says,"I am quiet because I am thinking." Sidharth looks at her,"What? Surely you will create some siyapa. Baby don't give so much pressure to your little brain of yours." Sana grabs his hair and pulls it,"Apni na bakwas band karo. Thik hai na.." "Ah..Arey what is your problem with my hair? Leave yaar! Do baal nikal gaye, abhi char, aath, haye chod meri maa..sorry.. abb toh chodo..", he screams. Sana leaves his hair,"Behave otherwise I will cut them and make you ganja. Phir patch lagana like that actor Paresh.. Now will you listen to me ?" Sidharth nods his head like a good boy sits down putting his finger on his lips. She shakes her head and continues to tell him what happened that evening. "I am really not sure what I should do with the haveli. I don't want to sell it but it is also not possible to maintain it by staying here. Sidharth bolo na main kya karun? ", she says almost on the verge of crying. Sidharth pulls her to sit beside him and cups her face,"Baby it's your house and so it will always be your decision. I will stand by you no matter what. But you don't have to make any decision right away. Take your time..Think about. " Sana stares into his eyes,"My mind is saying one thing and my heart is saying another."

Sidharth presses his lips on her forehead and then resting his face on her head,
"Mann ki suniyo jab raha na mileya.
Raha mileya toh sochiya mat.
Sochiya agar tu, sab ulajh jaawe.
Dil ki suniyo tab, khudko rokiyo mat."
Sana is unable to understand,"Hun?" Sidharth smiles," It was my baba's writing. He used to tell me that. When you have to make a decision, listen to your brain. When you have found a path, don't think too much. Listen to your heart when you have any problem deciding between two things. Bit most importantly never stop listening to your heart. " Sana closes her eyes and a lone tear escapes from the corner of her eye,"Sidharth I want to see my home once.."

Sidharth had arranged everything the very next day. Rohan took Sumitraji and Shini to his house and Sidharth and Sana left for Chandigarh. Reaching the hotel amidst the crowd of people and reporters, they freshened up and immediately left for the haveli, located outside the city.

"This is where I used to play with my cousins. Over there, was a cot where Dada and Dadi used to sit all day and watch us play. Everyone who used to visit us, used to sit there on chairs. Mummy and chachi used to make hot pakoras and cha for the guests, and give us too.", Sana keeps giggling and sharing her memories with Sidharth as they move around the house. He patiently listens to her as she roams around holding his hand. "Sidharth! That was my room!", suddenly she exclaims. She drags him towards a door and waits for him to open it up. After a few minutes with a click sound the lock opens. Not waiting for him, she dashes inside and turns in circles with excitement. She is about to fall down, when Sid holds her,"Baba sambhal ke.." "I am so happy baby! This was my room. Over there was my bed. I had a desk there and..." Sana keeps describing every detail of the room that she once lived and he listens to her with a smile on his face.