Chapter 21

Sana wakes up to find the room empty. She slowly gets up and goes to the kitchen to find Sumitraji cooking. She finds Sana standing near the door. She smiles and asks,"Uth gaya bacha. Have you freshen up? Come I will give you your breakfast?" Sana asks,"Aunty where is Sid?" Sumitraji replies," He had a meeting, he has left for his office early. You come to the table. We will eat together."

Sana joins her mother-in-law on the dining table after few minutes. After a few moments of awkward silence, Sumitraji says,"Tumhara aaj shooting nahi hai?" Sana taking a bite from her toast says," Nahi, maine schedule free rakhi thi three days ke liye. Kal se phir start hogi." Sumitraji says,"Hmm..Sid has told me to let you go if you have shoot today. Usse lagta hai maine rokun gi tujhe. " Sana smiles and says,"When you talk like this, I feel like my mummy is talking to me. You know I had lost my whole family when I was a kid." Sana's face turns sad and tears come into her eyes. Sumitraji gets up and hugs her saying,"Maine bhi toh maa hi hun teri. Call me maa not aunty. Now finish your breakfast." Sana smiles at her and says,"Aunty, I mean Maa, can you teach me how to make tea?"

Sana spends her day with Sumitraji learning to make tea and helping her in small things. After lunch, they both sit in the room. Sumitraji is doing some embroidery work on a cloth. Sana says," Wow! It's so beautiful. Aap kitna kuch janti hai." Sumitraji smiles and says,"Kaun si badi baat hai. Every women knows how to do all household work. I couldn't go out to work but see kids like you are working too. Ladikan sab karsati hai. Ghar sambhal na aur kaam karna. " Sana looks at her face and says," I don't know anything about ghar sambhalna. Maine kabhi kiya hi nahi. Will you teach me everything? Perhaps then Sid will talk to me nicely." Sumitraji says,"Sid bahut acha bacha hai. He never behaves badly with anyone. He is angry on things that happened. He is angry on the way you married him. Thoda time do, ek dusre ko samjhi. Sab thik ho jayega."

Sid returns at late evening. He opens the door and goes into his room. It's empty and so he lies down on the bed and closes his eyes. He feels a hand on his forehead. Thinking it's Shini, he doesn't react. After a few seconds, he opens his eyes to finds Sana sitting near his head and putting her hand on his forehead. He sits up with a jolt and says," What are you doing here?" He stands and runs his fingers through his hair. Sana gets up from the bed and says,"You were looking tired, so I thought you will feel if I press your foreheadl. Rinky used to do like this when I used to feel tired." Sid looks at her and says," I would rather die then let you to touch me. Don't try to come close to me ever again." He leaves the room after saying that.

Everyone sits down to have dinner. Sumitraji signals Sana and she gets up to serve Sid. As she puts the Roti on the plate, Sid looks at her. Sumitraji knows, he will react, so she says,"Bacha, Meeting kaisi gayi? Shini tune bola bhaiya ko apne trip ke baremein." Sid stares at his mother and says,"Hmm.. thik gayi. Which trip Shini?" Shini says," There will be a health camp in some villages nearby. We will join our seniors there for 10 days, help people with basic health care. First we will be going to a village called Aanik."

Sana excitedly says,"Wow! Trip. Nice." Shini looks at her and says," Please Sana, it's not a picnic that you are getting so excited. It is a health camp. Wahan kaam hoga. Samjhi?" Sumitraji says," Shini, yeh kaya hai? Bhabi bulao. She is not your friend that you will call her by her name. And talk properly to her." Shini getting irritated says,"She can't be my friend ever and I don't consider her as my bhabi too. But still for you, sorry Bhabi. Happy Maa. Bhaiya, we need to submit some money for it." Sid looks at her and says,"Thik hai, subha leh jana. When will you leave?" She replies, "Tomorrow afternoon." Sid puts his hand on his head and smiles," Just be careful, call me every day. Stay safe for me."

After dinner Sid is sitting near his mother, pressing her feet, when Sana comes with a packet. She gives it to Shini saying," This is for you. I had bought them for you before marriage. You can wear them at the health camp." Shini takes out few kurtis from the packet and looks at her brother. She then smiles and says," Bhabi tum ne toh sab koshis ki thi ki main koi health camp hi naa jaa paun. I would have been sitting at home, all thanks to you. So if you think this can make up for all the stress and problems you had given us, then you are wrong. With full respect, I am returning you these. No hard feelings Bhabi." Sumitraji says,"Shini kya ho rahe hai yeh. You take them, she is giving you with so much love. Sana usse almirah mein rakh do beta." Sana takes the packet and puts it in the almirah.

Sid notices everything and as Sana goes out of the room, he asks,"Maa what exactly is going on? Aap uski itni tarafdari kyun kar rahein hai?" Sumitraji replies,"Sid tu aur Shini yeh maat bhulo ki abhi woh iss ghar ki bahu hai, she is a member of this family. And she is actually a sweet girl. So I want you both to stop behaving badly with her." Sid says,"Maa, I am not trying to torture her or something. But how will I forget the things she has done. I can't forgive her so easily." Sumitraji is about to say something when Sana comes smiling with a cup of tea and puts it in front of Sid.

Sid looks at the cup of tea and then Sana's face and asks," What is this?" Sana says,"Haye tumhe kya nahi dikh raha hai, yeh chai hai. Maine banai hi.." Sid looks at her face and replies,"Mujhe pata hai, yeh chai hai. But who drinks tea at this time." Sumitraji says,"Arey pee lena, usne pheli bar baniyi hai." Shini starts laughing and says,"Chalo peelo but at your own risk." Sid takes the cup and takes at sip and says," Oh God, how much sugar have you put in it?" Sana replies," Only eight to nine spoons." Shini starts laughing again and Sid asks,"Poore mahine ka mera chini ka intake ek hi din mein ho gaya. Wow!" Sana looks confused and asks," Maa aap ne toh kaha tha 6 spoons of sugar. I thought I will put some more it will taste good." Sumitraji starts laughing and says,"Woh hum sab ke liye jab baniti uske liye bola tha. Thik hai, pehli baar galti ho jati hai. You go to your room now." Sana smiles and hugs her and goes to her room.

Sid shakes his head and says," Seriously maa, dimag kuch hai ke nahi iska." Sumitraji says," Sid, that's what I found about her. She is like a child. Usne jo kiya tha galat tha. Par hume abhi sab bhul kar usse apna chahiye. She is not a bad girl." Sid does not reply anything but gets up and leaves the room.

Sid comes into the room to find, Sana taking out something from her suitcase and trying to close it but is not able to. Sid goes near her and says," Utho." Sana gets up and Sid sits down to close the suitcase. He says," I don't have big wardrobe or walk-in closet like yours. But you can put some of your items in the almirah that I have." Sana says,"Thanks. And sorry." Sid gets up after closing the suitcase and asks,"Sorry for what?" Sana replies,"For the tea. I will make a better one next time. Promise."

Sid does not reply, he goes to the desk and takes out his diary. He starts writing something, when Sana says," Maa said today that, we need to give some time to each other. Then only things will sort out. I will give my time to you. That's what marriage is. Right?" Sana finding no response from Sid, continues," I understand that you are angry on me as I forced you to marry me. But I just want to say that.." Sid turns to look at her and says," Say what? That I should forgive you, forget everything that you did. No mam, it's not that easy. I have seen fear in the eyes of my sister. I have seen worry in my mother's eyes. I have seen my only earning, my respect going down the drains. It's very easy to say, you understand, but do you really understand. No." Sana sits down on the bed and asks," Have I really hurt you, Shini and Maa so much? Mujhe saachi nahi malum tha. I never meant to do so." Sid starts to laugh and then says,"You are really a good actor. I too for a second started believing you to be innocent. Mam, don't make so much effort on me. I will never forget or forgive you." Saying this, he goes out of the room, leaving behind Sana thinking how much damage has Bunty done that Sid is hurt so much. She decides she need to talk to him as soon as she gets out of the house next morning.

Hi friends,
Sorry for kept you all waiting..Hope it's good enough to make it up for the delay.
Do read, like, vote and comment..
Lot's of 💕💕💕💕