Chapter 20

Sana had seen many movies where the brides on their first night, had worn beautiful bridal dresses and had sat on a bed decorated with flowers, waiting for their husbands. Sana had imagined her first night to be similarly beautiful and romantic. But all her dreams shattered in front of her eyes, when Sid threw away all the decorations. She was still ready to talk to him, try to understand why he was angry. The way he behaved then with her shook her from her core. Their first kiss was not supposed to be like this. He kissed her with disgust and hate.

Sana had cried herself to sleep trying to figure out where she was wrong. She didn't marry him to sleep with him. She wanted to cry aloud and tell him that. Tell him, that she married him because he was a good person, nothing like Asim. But she was silent, numb from what Sid had done to her and all those hards words he had said to her.

Sid had felt really bad for what he had done back in the room. He is not that kind of a person. He had never hurt anybody in his life. All he had ever wanted was a peaceful life. But this storm has changed everything now. He hits his hand hard on the wall.

Sid return into the room after sometime to find Sana sleeping on one end of the bed. Sid looks at her and thinks,' You look so innocent while you are sleeping. I had written something about your innocence some day. I wish I could understand, there was so much darkness behind this mask of your. I curse the day I met you the first time.'

Sid had fallen asleep on the chair in the room. He wakes up early as usual and finds Sana still sleeping. He smiles and goes near her. He calls her name, telling her to wake up and Sana murmurs,"Rinky please sone de..kyun utha rahi hai.." Sid calls her name again but gets the same reaction. He raises his hand to shake her to wake her up, but stops. No he won't touch her again. He looks around and picks up the glass of water and pours it on her face.

Sana wakes up with a jolt and starts to cry, "Amma.. " Sid shouts at her," Shut up." Sana shuts up instantly and looks at him and asks," Tumne mujh pe pani kyun pheka?" Sid says,"Yeh tumhara bunglow nahi hai, jahan tumhare maids ayenge uthane." Sana wiping her face with her dupatta says,"It's so early in the morning. Why did you wake up and made me wake up too? I usually don't get up so early." Sid smiles at her and says,"Tumhe sauk tha na meri wife baneka? Then my darling wife, you need to wake up early. I get up this time to go to gym. You need to wake up and get me tea. So get up..go."

Sana slowly gets down from the bed and opens the door to go out of the room. She goes into the kitchen and stands in front of the gas oven thinking what to do. After few minutes, Sumitraji comes and finds her standing in the kitchen. She asks," Sana tum yahan kya kar rahi ho?" Sana turning towards her says," Mein sooch rahi thi gas kaise on karte hai." Sumitraji asks," Do you need anything? Bhook lagi hai?" Sana shakes her head and says," Sid has asked me to make tea." Sumitraji asks again," Do you know how to make tea?" Sana again shakes her head.

Sid comes out and sits on the table and Sana comes holding a tray with tea. She walks slowly and carefully not to trip off with the tray. Her hands are shaking as she tries to walk wearing the heavy lehenga. She somehow manages to put the tray on the table and give a smile to her husband. Sid takes a sip from his cup and says," Yeh chai tumne banai hai?" Sana biting her lower lips says," Woh actually.." Sid slams his hand on the table and says," Stop pretending. This is not your studio where you need to act. Maa has made the tea right? " Sumitraji comes out and says," Kya ho raha hai? Sid why are you shouting at such early morning?" Sid says," Aap ne kyun chai banai? I had asked her to make." Sumitraji replies," I didn't allow her. It's her first day here. She will do later. Now stop shouting at her and finish your tea."

Sid returns from gym and gets ready to go to his work. Sumitraji tells him,"To gussa nahi karega toh kuch bolun." Sid looks at her and she continues,"Sana's Mamaji had asked her to send her home for two days for the ritual. Usse phera dalne jana hai." Sid finds Sana looking at from from the side of the door. She has been hiding from him after his return. Looking at her, Sid says,"I had clearly told every one that there will be no ceremony but a simple registry. If marraige happened without any ritual, then why the drama now."

Sid returns home in the evening and finds Sana absent. His temper rises again as his sister tells him that Sana's brother had come to take her home and their mother allowed. Sid leaves immediately on his bike.

Sid enters Sana's house and Bunty welcomes him. He calls his father and mother. Mamiji makes face and says," Dekha kaha tha na agaya..Aayiye Jamaiji. Sit here please." Mamaji says," Baithiye please." Sid replies," No. I am not here to sit. Please call Sana." Mamiji calls Sana and as soon as she comes, Sid says,"Let's go now." Mamaji says," Sid, the pagphera ritual requires her to stay here few days." Mamiji adds," If you want, you can stay here too. We don't mind you see." Sid smiles and says,"But I mind, you see. Sana, I had told you about my conditions before the marriage. You still came here. Now you decide whether you will stay here or come with me." Mamiji says," She will stay here." Sid looks at Sana and says," Fine. I will send her bags by tomorrow." He turns to leave.

Sana stops him by says," No. I will go with you. Wait." Mamaji says," Thik hai, par khanna toh khake jao Sid." Sid turns and says," Aap ke high standard ka khanna mere gale nahi utre ga. Namaste." Saying this he comes out of the house and wait for Sana to come. Sana comes out after five minutes with others. Mamiji says," Haye apni bachi ko ispe leh ke jayega?" Mamaji says," Bunty driver ko bolo gadi nikale." Sid says in irritation," Sana do you have problem coming with me? If yes, you don't have to come at all." Sana shakes her head and looks at Mamaji.

All the way home, Sid and Sana are silent. Sana tries to hold him while sitting on the bike but then leaves him out of fear. After an awkward bike ride, they reach home. Sana goes inside the bedroom as soon as they reach the apartment.

After a silent dinner, Sid declares,"Maa and Shini, you both go to your room. Sana will be sleep in my room." Sumitraji tries to says," But bacha.. how will." Sid says,"Please maa. I don't want to hear anything."

Sid enters the room to find Sana sitting on the bed at one end looking around every thing. He closes the door and goes near the desk and sits there. He smiles and says," Kya dekh rahi ho? Jitna chota hai kamra? Perhaps the size of your wardrobe, right. Are you repenting coming here?" Sana slowly says,"No. I just want to know why are you angry?" Sid starts to laugh and then says," There is no shooting going on here. Stop your acting."

Sid continues,"I want to clear few things today. You want to continue working, you can. I have no problem. But you have to learn to be a good wife and daughter-in-law. That's what you have signed in for when you married a guy like me. Second thing, you spend your money on yourself but I don't want you to get anything in this house for anybody with your money. You married me knowing my status. So now you have to adjust with it."

Sana doesn't reply. Sid says," Go to sleep." Sana whispers," Where will you sleep?" Sid starts to laugh and says,"Why near you. We are husband wife na, we can sleep like that. That's what you wanted. So why are you getting scared now." Sana after the incident the previous night is really scared of him. Sid gets up and come near the bed. Sana pulls her leg up and closes her eyes. After sometime she opens her eyes to see, Sid has put a bed sheet on the floor and slept on it. He says,"Don't worry, I will not sleep with you. You know what, I hate your touch. So you will never get me anywhere close to you. Ever."

Hi friends,
Lot of effort went down to update this chapter. First it got published before I had finished. Then it got deleted.. 🙄
Hope you like it. Do read, like , vote and comment.
Lots of 💕💕💕💕💕