Chapter 27

Sid had been inside the locked room for a really long time now. He wanted to cool himself down and get his head straight. He does not want Sana to know that she affects him in some way. No he has to stay indifferent towards her. Just like a room mate, ensuring that all responsibilities are taken care of. Nothing more. Sana after what had happened, didn't have the guts to call him. When he opens the door, it's way past lunch time. He goes to the living area and picks up the bags he had brought from the market and puts it in the kitchen. He peeps into the bedroom to find Sana sitting on the bed looking outside through the window.

Sid knocks at the door and Sana turns to see. He asks,"Do you eat Maggi?" Sana nods her head. Sid goes away and calls her after few minutes to come out to the dining table. Sana slowly comes out and sits on the chair. Sid puts a bowl of hot and steaming noodles in front of her and takes a bowl in his hand for himself. He finding Sana looking at the bowl says," It's already late so I thought noodles will be ready in short period of time. I guess you don't like them. You can order now if you want to eat something else." Sana looks at him and says,"No. I don't want to eat anything else. I will eat this." Sid does not look at her, but says,"You could have ordered something. You must be hungry." Sana replies," But you were not here. And I know you wouldn't have eaten anything I had purchased. Isn't it? So how can I eat alone?"

Sid looks at her and after few minutes says,"Eat your noodles, it is getting cold." Sana picks up the bowl and start slurping the warm noodles like a child. Unknowingly a smile appears on Sid's face and he says,"Ahiste khao, gale Mein lagega."° Sana stares at Sid, finds he is smiling. She gets little courage and says," I am actually very hungry." Sid gives out a deep breath and says," Sorry for that. Now eat." After few moments of silence, Sid again says," Don't allow the neighbours to come inside the house when no one is at home." Sana replies without looking," Don't worry, after knowing things about them, I won't."

They eat in silence and Sid goes inside the kitchen to wash the utensils. Sana just looks at him sitting from the dining table. Sid takes the broom to clean the house and Sana excitedly asks," I had seen my mother sweeping the floor using that in our house at Punjab. Here the maids use vacuum cleaners." Sid looks at her and says,"Most homes like ours use this old fashioned broom. Now can you move now, I have sweep." Sana starts laughing saying," You know I had used this broom to beat my husband in my one movie. Can you give it to me?" Sid raises his eyebrows and asks," You want to hit me with this? No I don't think so." Sana starts laughing again like a child and says," No husband. I won't beat you. In the movie, my husband was having an affair with my best friend. You are not doing anything like that. And I know you won't ever cheat me. So why should I beat you? I want to try my hand at sweeping the floor. Please..please..give na." She makes the famous puppy wala face and Sid stays quite.

Sid looks at her for sometime and then asks," You are so confident that I won't cheat you. Why?" Sana tilting her head at one side says," You are a good man. I know that. You will not do things others do like that Asim Khan." Sid does not reply, he knows Asim Khan is Sana's ex. He had cheated her and that pain is still evident on her face. Sana says," Mujhe please do na.." Sid hand overs the broom and moves away from her. Sana starts sweeping the floor in every direction. As a result the dirt spreads everywhere.

After a failed effort, Sana sits down on the floor, sweating heavily. Sid controlling his laughter says," Ho gaya ya aur kaam karna baki hai?" •Sana looks at him and says," Haye main toh thaka gayi. Kitna kaam karna pada.¤ See I can be your perfect wife and you always underestimate me." Sid replies,"Perfect wife and You? You are more than that. Bahut kaam karliya, now you go and freshen up." Sana gets up and goes into the washroom. Sid shaking his head, says to himself," If she starts working like this, my work will have tenfold increase. Chal Sid kaam pe lagja." He starts cleaning the room by picking up the broom.