Chapter 46

Ganesh Chaturthi preparation is going on at full swing. Sid returns home with Sana to find the young boys of the society, trying to build the pandal for placing the idol. As they see Sid coming, they stand up uncomfortable with his presence. Sana gets down from the bike, removes the scarf and goes towards them. She smiles at them and says,"Hey boys! How is everything going on? Everything okay?" They smile at her and looking at Sid they reply,"What okay Sana..bhabi. Actually this year, the people who actually build the pandal are busy. They just gave us all the items. We have been trying from morning but we are not able to do it properly. " Sid comes after parking the bike and says,"Sana let's go." Sana holds his hand and says,"Arey wait baba. See bichare bache, doing everything on their own. Sidharth..." Sid looks at her and understanding where the conversation is going says, "No Sana.. don't you think about it.. no..Please don't look at me. I am going now. " Sana looks at him with a mischievous smile and holding on to his wrist says,"Boys why don't you take help of your big brothers. Go and ask them. Start with your Sid bhaiya here. He will help. Right Sidharth!" The boys keep quiet as Sid slams his head. Sana says,"What yaar! Why are you people so scared of him? I know he is the silent khadoos type. But trust me, he is the nicest, sweetest and the most helpful guy I know. He is not going to eat you all. Chalo ask him now." One of them, gathers the courage and says," Sid bhaiya..please.." Sid giving out a deep breath says,"Yeah.. yeah..No need to ask me. I am coming after dinner." Sana cheers along with the boys and hi- fives them. She looks at Sid biting her tongue as he shakes his head going towards the stairs.

After dinner, Sid comes to the ground where the pandal is supposed to be made. Few guys of Sid's age are present there. They smile and talk to Sid as he comes down. Sana also comes down with Jaanvi and sits on the chairs placed for the puja along with a few girls of the society. Sid explains everything to the others regarding what to do and they start working. Putting bamboo, tying them together, cutting them to proper size, he is instructing them all and doing it himself too. Sana is amazed at his skills, the way he supervises everything along helping them. She says to Jaanvi,"Jaanvi, Sidharth is so multi-talented yaar! Yeh banda sab kuch janta hai. Kaise kar leta hai itna kuch?" Jaanvi giggles and says,"He is indeed very talented. He has the best ideas and logic for everything. Studies ke saath saath, he used to say poetries, sing and do stuffs like repairing different electronics. He wanted to become an engineer but couldn't, you know why. He has learned things on his own by doing all kinds of jobs." Jaanvi after thinking sometime says,"Sana, you must ask him about his poems someday. I don't know if he writes or not anymore." Sana smiles thinking that only she knows he does. And what an amazing poet he is! Sid in the middle of the work, removes shirt, ties it on his waist and gets up on the structure. Sid looks absolutely hot in the vest, drenched in sweat. Sana looks at his flexing biceps, his broad shoulder and his toned body. Her eyes stuck at her handsome husband, Sana bites her lower lips as she says to herself,"Haye! My handsome shayer, itna hot lag raha hai..Tumne shirt yahin kholni thi? My heart is skipping a beat looking at you. I wish I could just get in your arms right now and give a big smooch on your lips. Hmm..delicious bebu.." As if reading her mind, Sid looks up to her and smiles. Sana blushes and looks around to see if anybody is looking at him or not. Few girls sitting behind Sana and Jaanvi look at him and start whispering and laughing, looking at him. Jaanvi says,"Tere pati ko sambhal. The way he is exposing, girls will faint here." And they both start to laugh.

Sid returns upstairs late and after freshening up he goes to his new bed, the sofa. He looks around hoping to see Sana. But she is not around but the pillow is in its place. She and Jaanvi had returned home a long time back. He takes out the diary, the one Sana had given and starts to write.
' Mujhe na thi yeh khabar,
Meri kismat yun badal jayegi.
Jis chand ko sab dur se dekhtein the,
Woh ek din mere ghar aayegi.