Chapter 10

Sid pulls Sana closer behind the table. The moments freeze and it's only the heartbeat that Sana can feel. She looks up to see his face. Her nightmare is again coming true. She had seen her parents, her whole family getting killed by few goons when she lived in Punjab. The noises of bullets being fired had brought her back to her childhood days. She had not being able to move from her place that day. Today also she couldn't move from her place. Hiding under a table she had tried to close her ears to stop the noises. She had no idea what was happening around until this moment when she was pulled into Sid's arms. For the first time in years, she felt protected. She felt safe inspite of the dangers standing just few feets away from them. She puts her head on his chest and hears his heartbeat, hoping the sound could take away the fear, the noise of bullets away.

The two gun men look around the restaurant. One of them says,"Kahan hai sab? Andar dekh." One of them goes inside the kitchen while the other moves around the room. He comes close to the table behind which Sid and Sana are hiding. Sana closes her eyes as she sees the feet of the man. Sid holds her tighter and tries to stay calm. The other man shouts," Arey sare piche ke raste se bhaag gaye hain. Aaja jaldi, ise band karna padega." The other guy runs inside.

Sid knows this is the time, he has to get out of here. The back exit is no more going to work. He whispers to Sana," Sana, look at me. Do you trust me?" Sana nods her head. Sid says," We have to get out of here now. Just hold me and do as I say. Okay." Sana looks at him with fear in her eyes. Sid replies," I know you are scared but we have to go. It's not safe here." He slowly comes out from the under the table and pulls Sana out. He holds her and both come out of the restaurant. They hide behind a pillar and Sid looks at the gate. It's blocked and a man with gun and backpack is standing there. Sid looks up and pulling Sana closer, they take the stairs. On the first floor, he finds a man, lying face down. He turns him to find him dead. Sana closes her eyes seeing blood. Sid searches the pocket of the dead housekeeping staff. Sid finds a master key in his pocket and he takes it. He goes to a locked room, puts the key and enters the room. He pulls Sana inside and locks the door.

A locked door is not enough to keep the men with guns away. Sid starts thinking. He pulls the table and puts is on the door. He drags everything he can find movable to bolt the door. After the work is done, he turns to see Sana sitting on the bed looking at him. There is fear in her eyes. Sid looks into the mini fridge and brings a bottle of water. He kneels down on the floor in front of her, opens the bottle and gives it to her. Sana with a trembling hand takes it and drinks it. Sid smiles and puts his palm on her face and whispers," Listen I know how much scared are you. It's okay..We have to stay here quitely till police come. Nothing will happen to you. I promise." He leaves her and goes near the window to check outside.

The hotel has been surrounded by police and military. There are few media people few feet away from the barricade made by the police. He pulls his phone, switches the torch light and tries to put it near the window to draw the attention of the police. He finds someone pointing at them. He immediately moves his hands to point they are inside the room. As some security personnel tries to come closer, a round of firing occurs and they move back. Sid backs off and Sana makes a weak cry.

Sid turns back to see Sana crying and trembling siting on the floor. Sid rushes towards her and sits in front of her. He says," Shh..awaaz mat karna please.." Sana whispers in between her whimper," Hum.. log.. marr jayenge? Those people have guns and bombs. They will kill us..I am scared. I don't want to die." Sid says," Hey, don't say that. No you will not die today. Okay.. I will get us out because you know what I can't die now." Sana hugs him tightly and puts her face near his chest.

Sid thinks about his mother and sister. He knows they will be worried. He asks Sana," Do you want to talk to anyone at home?" Sana shakes her head. Just then his phone vibrates. It's his mother. He picks it up and his mother says," Hello, bache tu thik toh hai na? I saw on the tv. Where are you?" Sid whispers,"Maa, mein thik hun. You don't worry. I can't talk loudly but don't worry. I will come home soon. Maa..I love you... You give phone to Shini." Shini talks from the other side," Hello Bhaiya. Please come home safe." Sid says,"Listen, you and maa stay at home. Don't come out and lock all the doors. I will call you, you don't call me. Okay. Don't worry. Take care of Maa.. I love you." He hangs up the phone. He is scared to think whether he will again hear their voice or see them. What will happen to them if he dies? No, he thinks, he has to try to get out, to stay safe, to not to die today.

He looks around to find something that he could use. He finds a sheet of paper, used to wrap something. He takes out his pen and starts writing his name and phone number. He goes to the window again and puts the paper on it. Soon it gets noticed and he gets a call. He picks it up and a person from the other side says," Hello Sidharth, we are the police, we got your number. Are you okay? Who is with you?" Sid replies,"Sir I am with another girl. We have locked ourselves in this room.I am the restaurant manager. I had somehow opened the back door and sent the customers and staff out. But before I and another customer could escape they came in. Are they safe sir?" Police asks, " Yes they are safe. How many terrorists are present and can you tell us where are they now?" Sid replies," I have seen three people, one at the door, two other on the ground floor. They have explosives and guns." Police replies," Commandos are here, soon they will enter the hotel. Just stay calm. We will contact you." The line goes dead.

Sid goes and sit beside Sana on the floor. Sana offers him the water and he drinks it. He had no idea, he was that thirsty. He smiles and says to Sana," Thank you mam. Don't worry they are coming to save us." Sana looks at him and says," Sana, call me Sana..Siddy boy I trust you.." Sid smiles and they hear a big blast on the floor. Soon they hear foot steps out side their door. Sid pulls Sana and they hide in the bathroom. And they hear a round of firing across their door.

Hi all,
Sorry for keeping you all waiting..hope you like the suspense..keep reading and vote please..

Lots of💕💕💕💕