Chapter 76

Sidharth, Rohan and Rajat were mentally prepared for losing the case. They knew nothing could put Rocky behind the bars. Still they arrived that day at the court and entered the room with the public prosecutor, Rajpal.
It was the last of the defence to provide their evidence. Awasthi entered with his team and the Ahujas followed him.

Awasthi brought a group of people who gave the witness that Rocky is not a bad person. He is like any other young guy who parties with friends, goes to clubs and drinks at the bars. However he could never hurt anybody, so there is no question of attempting to kill anyone.

Awasthi then called Sidharth as the next witness.
"So Mr.Sidharth, you are the husband of the famous actress Sana Kaur."
"Yes. Sana Kaur who is apparently a famous female actor in Bollywood is my wife. Do I need to present any marriage certificate?"
Awasthi starts to laugh, "No. No. This was not the question. You said what happened that day. You were with your friends at a restaurant for your birthday. Arman passed vulgar comments on your friend that lead to a fight. You went in to stop and he stabbed you. It's in your statement in the FIR as well as here in the court. "

Sidharth is angry by now, "What is your question? What do you want to know?"
Awasthi gives him a smirk, "Have a little patience Mr. Sidharth."
Rajpal says, "My lord, my friend Mr. Awasthi here is wasting the court's valuable time in explaining things that the court already knows."
Judge saya, "Defence should present things related to the case. Mr. Awasthi please don't waste the court's time."

"I am sorry My lord. Mr.Sidharth, I have heard that you don't take a penny from your wife in running the house. Is it true?"
"You are again asking a personal question. What is the connection with the case?", Rajpal asks.
Awasthi smiles and looks at the judge and says, "Please My Lord, tell my friend here, to give me some time. This might be a personal question but I can show a strong connection to the case. So please let me continue."

Judge nods his head as he turns towards Sidharth, "So Mr. Sidharth answer me, is it true?"
Sidharth replies. "Yes. I am capable enough to take care of my family, so I have never taken money from her."
"Good. But she helped you get some songs writing contracts in the industry."
"I had not asked for it. She.. she just.."
"It's okay. And you said that the money from these writings were used to buy your new house. It must have caused you a fortune, given the location of it."

"I have all the papers for my house. How I am paying and from where I am paying? All details are with me, if you are interested, I can share it with the court.", Sidharth says.
"No, Not needed. We know you are not lying. My question is simple, from where did you get the money to buy the beach house at Alibaug? And who gave you 50 lakhs rupees?"
"I think you have some misconception. I don't have any other house in any other locations. And my account has around 55,000 rupees on this day."

Awasthi turns to the judge after picking up a few papers from his assistant's hand, "My Lord. Here are the papers of the beach house at Alibaug under the name of Sumitra Kapoor, Sidharth Kapoor's mother. And this is the bank account details of Shalini Kapoor where 50 lakhs of rupees have been transferred about 6 months ago."
He submits them to the judge as evidence.
"Everything is a lie. Shalini does not have an account in her name and house. I.."
Rajpal stands up, "Mr. Awasthi is lying. And more importantly, what is the meaning of telling all these?"

Awasthi smiles and says, "Mr. Rajpal. I am coming to that. My Lord, I will now try to present the actual picture of the entire incident of 21st December."
He looks at Sidharth and then turns to the judge, "A group of friends arrive at the famous restaurant to have a good time. They are young boys who are drinking and partying. They find two girls coming towards them. One of them smiles at the boys and leaves. The boys find this interesting and as she was passing by again, one of them passed a few vulgar comments. "
"Objection My lord, Mr. Awasthi is painting a wrong picture here. He is trying to insult a girl here without knowing the truth.", Rajpal says.