Chapter 26

Sana pretends to be asleep till she hears the soft sound of breathing

Sana pretends to be asleep till she hears the soft sound of breathing. She slowly gets up and sits leaning the headboard of the bed. This is the best time of the hour for Sana. She loves to watch Sidharth sleeping. He looks so cute and peaceful during his sleep, unlike the angry young man avatar that he usually keeps in front of her. She whispers," Bilkul Ram lag raha hai..Shaant bache jaisa soya hua hai." She laughs softly and whispers again," Hmm.. Siddy boy you are actually very good looking. I must say, you have the looks and the body to become a Bollywood actor. Girls must be drooling over you. I must go to your gym one day to check you out. Haye kya malum kya kya karti hogi ladkiyan wahan?" Bringing her face near him, she says," I want you to stay alway from all girls, samjhe?" And Sid opens his eyes and gets shocked. Sana moves away and Sid says," What were you doing? Hun? Pagal ho kya?" Sana tries to think of something says," You were murmuring in your sleep, so I was trying to listen to you. Never mind so jao." Sana turns her face smilingly, bites her tongue and closes her eyes. Sid looks at her for sometime and then falls asleep.

Next morning Sid prepares tea and comes to find Sana still sleeping. He brings four to five alarm clocks, sets the alarm for after a minute and places them all around her head. And after a minute all the alarm goes off and Sana wakes up with a cry,"Amma..." Sidharth looks at her and starts laughing holding his stomach. Sana tries to turn off the alarm but the noise makes her nervous and she is unable to do so. Sana cries, "Kitna kamina hai tu, you are laughing there. Help me." Sid's eyes grow big in surprise and he asks," What did you say? Kamina? Tu? Chalo abhi se roj esehi tumhe uthaunga. Just watch out Mam. Enjoy the music and when you have turned off all the alarms, come out for tea." Saying this, he goes out of the room laughing.

Sana comes out of the room with an angry face. She sits down on the chair with a thump. Sid controlling his laughter, puts the cup of tea in front. Sana makes a face and says," Sorry." Sid getting serious asks," For what?" Sana says," For calling you names." Sid does not reply and Sana smiles and says,"But whatever happened, one thing turned out to be good in this." Sid didn't know what good happened in the morning, so waited for her to continue. Sana says, "Atleast you laughed. I saw you laughing for the first time after our marriage. You look good by the way when you smile and laugh." Sid gets serious and says," Okay enough. I am going out to get few things. Today is Sunday so it's my off . Do you have shooting today?" Sana thinks,'Khadoos mode on again. Hmm..Today his off, I can get a whole day with him..ok boss. Got it..' She says,"No. Not today. It's my off too.." Sid gets up and says,"Okay, fine. I will be back soon. And please stay at one place. No need to go into the kitchen please. Don't try to burn this place down while I am gone."

Sana looks around the house and runs her fingers over the photos on the wall. Sid looks happy with his mother and sister smiling to the camera. He has actually a killer smile. Any girl can fall for this smile. A smile appears on her face too. She goes and sits down on the couch and switches on the television. She starts surfing the channels when she hears a knock. She opens the door to find a middle aged woman standing with a plate of sweets with a teenage girl, smiling at her. Sana looks at her and says,"There is nobody at home now. Sidharth just left." The woman says," I know, I am your neighbour, Khanna aunty. This is my daughter, Daljeet. We have brought sweets for you. Andar nahi bulaogi kya?" and saying this she enters the house on her own.

Sid returns home to find a crowd of neighbours inside the living room. He enters the room, passing them to find Sana sleeping on the sofa. He throws the bag of vegetables and other items he had in his hand and goes towards her. He kneels down in front of her and starts rubbing her hand and asking what has happened to her. He whispers," Sana, are you alright..Sana wake up.." Sana gets up with a jolt and laughs. Sid immediately leaves her hand and gets up. The aunty behind her says," Sid beta, Sana was acting one of her scene from her movie,'Pyar ke naam par.' Super duper hit movie. Dekho yeh ladka kitna pyar karta hai Sana se, pareshaan ho gaya.." Sid turns to them and says," Movie is over now. Now all of you can just leave my house please. Just leave now."

Sana is laughing as the neighbours leave the room one by one. She gets up and says," You really thought something happened to me. How sweet of you Siddy boy!" Sid holds Sana and pulls her towards him. He says, "Everything is a joke for you right. You love to play games with people's emotions." Sana looks at his eyes and says," Why are you getting angry?" Sid says," Shh..just keep quite. You don't get anything. Right? You pretend to be so innocent and people believe you." Sana asks,"I know you are angry on me as I forced to marry you. But now we are together why can't we try to be happy. Let's try to work things out, give it a chance. Why are you so angry?"
Sid leaves her and says," You think I am a machine right. I don't have any feelings. I can't get hurt. How can you ask why am I angry?"

Sana asks," Please I don't get the reasons that you can be so rude and angry over me." Sid looks at her and says," I am rude really Sana. You want to know the reasons. You know how it feels when you are being insulted at your work place where you had been showered with praises few days ago. It feels really bad, when you are blamed for theft that you couldn't have done. You know what, I faced that. You know how it feels when police drags you out of your work place for a dirty blame like molestation that you have never done. I have faced it. I have been man handled, laughed at and cursed the whole night I was at police station. You think it is very natural thing. Hun? These neighbours who today had come with sweets for you, had passed crude comments, had closed the doors on my face. Do you think it's just normal? Why am I angry? Really?" Sid turns his face and closes his eyes to get all those pictures out of his mind. He then says,"My father's photograph was thrown away on the ground by goons. My family was attacked with stones in the middle of the night. And to top that up, Shini was going to be dismissed from college. Her career that meant everything to her and to me was going to be destroyed." Sid turns towards Sana, his eyes are red by now. He holds her shoulders and says,"You think these are nothing. You did all these to get me. Why? Because you just wanted only to satisfy your ego. You were adamant to marry me because you could not accept rejection. But you never thought how much damage you caused to me and my family."

Sana slowly whispered," Sid I really didn't know all these. Trust me..I had.." Sid pushes her away and says," Trust? You want me to trust you. Seriously? After everything I went through, how can you think I will trust you or give this relationship a chance. I married you just to prove it to you I am not your prize that you won for your stubbornness. I really wanted to you suffer for everything you did to me and my family. But you see, I am not like you. I...just..can't.." Sana puts her hand on his shoulders. Sid removes her hand and says," You wanted to be my wife, now you are. That's all. Don't you dare come closer to me by playing the games you have been playing for these few days. Just live your life and please stay away from me." Sid goes storming into his room and closes the door.

Sana sits down on the sofa outside. She had received a shock of her life. She never knew Sid and his family had gone through such problems. Now she realises why Sid is so angry and why Shini had talked to her rudely. Her career that she loved was at stake. It's all Bunty's work but she knows she is at fault too. She knew her cousin and still had given him the duty to get Siddy boy into marrying her. She never checked on him and that is her biggest fault. She felt so bad and guilty now. How bad he must have felt when he had gone through so much! Whatever happened today, one thing was good that she got her answers. Sana says to herself,"I know Bunty bhaiya did all these things, but I am equally responsible. Sid and his family are good people. Maa loves me and Siddy boy cares for me, I know. Inspite of everything I did, they have been good to me. I will now try my best to keep him and his family happy."

Sid after coming into his room and locks the door. He puts his hands on his head and a drop of tear escapes from his eyes. He was really scared today when he had found Sana lying on the sofa. He don't know why he felt a pain inside his heart. But for Sana may be these emotions don't matter. She will never understand relations, care, worry and love. Love no he does not love her. He assures himself that. Sana is just his responsibility. He tries to remember all the insults, all the fear, all the worries he and his family had go through just because of Sana. He thinks these can help him to hate her. But problem is he never knew how to hate anybody.

Hi friends,
Thank you so much for waiting for the update.
Keep reading,liking, voting and commenting..
Lots of love and more💕💕💕💕