Chapter 38

Sid reads the newspaper, sitting on the table, waits for his tea and calls," Maa, what is taking so long? I am leaving then. I will have something in the office. And where is Sana? Has she got up yet?Again she will start her rona, that I didn't take her to her studio." Sumitraji says from the kitchen,"Bache ek minute..wait kar. And Sana is ready." Sid is about to say something when Sana comes out of the kitchen holding a tray. Her entire focus is on it as she walks the few steps, as if her life is dependent on it. She is determined not to make any mistake this time. She places the tray on the table and smiles. Sumitraji coming behind her says," Aaj chai aur nasta, Sana ne banai hai. Allu ke parathe and masala tea." Sid looks at her and says,"Normal chai peene se pehle toh, insurance chahiye hota hai..And now special tea as well as breakfast..Will I survive or you both have planned to murder me?" Sana looks at Sumitraji and with a sad face says,"Dekha Maa, yeh hamesha hurt karta hai mujhe. I have put in so much effort and see how he is making fun of me.." Sumitraji says,"Sid what is all this? And stop hurting my daughter. Itni sundar aur pyari bachi hai. She has been in the kitchen since morning. Shini too ate and left. You have all problems now." Sidharth smiles and says,"Woh toh hai..Bahut pyari hai. Specially with Asim, kyun.." He starts to laugh and Sana goes away into her room. Sumitraji calls her and when she doesn't, she says,"See what you did, she is hurt now. Go now and call her."

Sid goes into the bedroom and closes the door to find Sana on the bed sitting with her head on her knees. Sid taps her shoulder and says,"I was joking okay. Now come or I will be late." Sana looks at him and Sid finds her eyes red. Sid says,"Seriously, you are crying because of a joke.. my goodness. Tumse toh abb baat karna muskil ho jayega." Sana gets up from bed and standing in front of him, says, "See my eyes.." Sid smiles and says,"Oh! It is beautiful!" Sana hits him on the arm and says," You have hurt me and you are still joking. Just go. I am not coming with you." Sid looks at her with a smile," Really. Then I am free to go. Wow. Thank you so much mam." Sana in her anger pulls his shirt and says, "You never wanted to take me with you na. I knew it. I always force things on you. Marry me, drop me at the studio, taste the food that I made. I won't do it anymore."

Sid says softly," Sana leave my shirt. I will go to the office now. I also have an interview today. You are ruining it. Don't get angry. I was just joking. Come now." Sid tries to hold her elbow, but Sana does not allow him but in her rage, grabs the shirt with her two hands even harder making it all wrinkled. Sid now gets agitated, " Sana tumhara ab kuch jyada ho raha hai. See what you have done. Stop behaving like a child now. Leave, now I have to change again." Sana grabbing him and pulling him closer says,"Acha hua. Very good. I will again do the same with your other shirt too that you will wear." Sid says," Tum pagal ho? You don't get how much this new job matters for me. Mujhe laga tum mujhe samajh rahi ho. But no you never care for anyone but yourself."

Removing her hands from his shirt, Sid goes to the wardrobe to take out another shirt. Sana goes after him and pulls him from his arm and says,"What did say? I don't care about anybody. I made your favourite aloo ke parathe, only for you. I heard, you like masala tea, I prepared that for you only. I have never cooked in my life but I did only for you..And you say I don't care..I hate you." Sid doesn't react for the first time listening to it. But Sana wants a reaction, so she pulls him and standing in front him says again,"I said, I hate you." Sid looks at her and says,"Good for you. Now go Maa is calling you." Sana tries to hold him from his arm, but Sid removes her and pushes her slowly towards the door saying,"Please go. I need to change." Sana looking behind at him, goes out.
Sumitraji asks," Where is Sid now? It is getting late. Tu aake khale. The food is getting cold now." Sana hugs Sumitraji and says,"It is his fault not mine. Why did he make fun of me?.. But I too went above limits. I ruined his shirt. He has some interview today. Maa, kya karun? Sorry boldun." Sumitra ji smiles and says,"You both are mad. Always fighting over silly thing..Do whatever but come out fast. Main khana garam kar rahi hun."