Chapter 35

Sid is ready to go to his office when Sana comes and hugs him. She says,"Don't go to office the today. Let's go out on a long drive. Please." Sid smiles and kisses her head, " Baby, you know I can't miss my work. You also have your shooting." Sana kissing his chest says,"I have shooting today, with that Asim Khan. I can cancel it. I don't want to see his stupid face.." Sid puts his chin on her head and says," Ok. Let's go." Sana looks at him and excitedly says," Really Siddy boy!!" Sid smiles at her and says," Now get ready." Sana gives him a peck on his lips and hugs him tighter. Just then Shini enters the room and starts clapping, finding them together. Sid leaves Sana and asks," When did you come, Shini? Why didn't you call me?" Shini says,"Wow bhaiya! It's so good to see you with that girl. You now don't even care for me when I come or not. I have called you several times but you are busy with your wife. Really bhaiya, I just can't believe you forgot everything she has done and accepted her. I don't matter to you anymore." Sid goes to her and putting his hand on her cheek says," Shini, tu pagal hai kya ?(are you mad?) You matter the most to me, you know that. But Sana is my wife now. How can I.." Shini interrupts," Yes, she is your wife and I am no one. I get it bhaiya, you have changed, your priorities have changed. I won't stay here anymore. I will move to a hostel now." Shini turns to leave and Sid says," Stop Shini. Listen to me.."

And Sid wakes up with a jolt and looks around. Shini is not in the room. It's still dark outside and he is in the bed. He looks at his side and beside him is Sana, still sleeping. He was dreaming. His guilt is making him think all these. He lies down on the bed again, thinking how helpless he is. His heart is winning the battle he has been fighting on with his mind for days now. Sana stirs in her sleep and whispers in her sleep," Siddy boy..don't ..go.. hmm.. say a..poem... for me.. please..poem.." Sid smiles thinking, 'This girl is crazy. She is still thinking about poetry.' In her sleep, she puts her head on his shoulder and her hand over him. Sid does not make any effort to remove her. He puts his hand over her hand and closes his eyes to fall asleep.

Sana wakes up to an empty bed. She comes out to find Sumitraji sitting on the table with Shini. Sana smiles and sitting down beside her mother-in-law, asks," When did you return Shini?" Shini making a face says," When you were in your deep sleep. Maa, I need to leave by 11 today. Please make me something to eat." Saying this, she leaves the table. Sana asks,"Maa where is Sid? Why has he not returned yet from his gym?" Sumitraji says," No, he hasn't gone to gym. Uska aaj koi meeting hai, woh office chala gaya hai.(He had some meeting, he has left for his office.)" Sana's face saddens and she says," Haye, mujhse mile bina chala gaya.. (He left without meeting me.) Now how will I go to studio?" Sumitraji smiles and replies," Sid ne kaha tu kal late soyi thi, tujhe naa uthaye. (Sid has asked you not to wake you up as you had slept late last night.) And he has asked you to call your driver. It is raining so he doesn't want you to go with him on bike. Samjhi. Woh concern hai tere liye." Sana blushes and goes away.

At the table, Sana says to Shini," Shini, tum mere saath hi chalo.(You come with me) I will drop you at your college and then go." Shini replies," I can go myself. I don't need your favour." Sana says," I am not doing any favour to you. It is raining outside. Driver is coming, I can drop you in the way. When we are going out at the same time, on the same route, then where is the problem in going together." Shini is about to say something when Sumitraji says," Sana is right. Go with her na." Shini does not say anything and both go together.

Sana in the car says,"I know you are angry at me. I am really sorry for everything that has happened. Honestly I didn't have any clue, so much had happened. It was all my brother's doing." Shini looks at her and laughs. She then says,"This is good. Khud karo aur apne bhai ko sara dosh dedo. (You do everything and then put the blame on your brother.)" Sana says," I know you won't believe me but it is true. I had asked him to make your brother agree to marry me. But I didn't know he went to such an extent." Shini says to her,"Listen Sana Bhabi, it might be your brother's doing but aren't you responsible too?" Sana replies, "Yes, I accept I am responsible for everything as I had asked him to get Sid for me. I really feel bad." Shini replies," You know my bhaiya had to go through so much because of that. He was insulted, taken to police station. I am not angry at you because you tried to destroy my career but I am angry as you had hurt my bhaiya. He married you only to save my career. That makes me guilty too." Sana lowers her eyes and says," I feel guilty all the time Shini. Trust me. I do. But I don't know how to make it up to you all." Shini replies,"Bhabi my brother is a gem of a person. He can never hate anybody let alone you. I know he will soon accept you as his wife. If you really repent and want to do something then just make sure you don't hurt him ever. Just care for him, that's all I want."