Chapter 79

My phone has been ringing continuously since this evening today. Sana and Shini are calling me but I didn't pick it up. She is angry I know and she just sent me a text. Her 100th one today. I know what she must have written.

'Where are you? When are you coming?
Why are you not picking up my phone?
Puchku is missing you and so am I.. come soon.
I am angry now.
You have hurt me.
I hate you.
Tum gande ho.
I am seriously now angry at you. I 'll kill you when you come.
I will leave with Puchku if you don't come home immediately.
Tumhe kasam lage meri, jaldi aa jao ghar please.'

I can't fall into her sweet kasam trap and so I will not read.

I haven't returned home for four days now. I left home with a backpack and have been living in the Delafruz Mansion. Before you reach any conclusion that I had any fight, let me clear things, no nothing of that sort has happened. I had to stay here to supervise some major renovations. I had to stay back to ensure it was over in time. I was supposed to return two days back but I am still stuck at work and I feel bad. That's why I am not picking up the phone. I had texted them earlier but you all know how Sana is. She does not leave things so easily.

This project has become very important for me. I want it to succeed more than anything. And for that I need to work hard, make certain sacrifices. I want to go back home right now, have dinner with my family, hold Shaurya and kiss Sana. But I am here sitting on this broken piece of furniture, writing my journal.

It has been months now, precisely 8 months and 3 weeks 5 days since we purchased this Delafruz Mansion from the Farook Mistry, the great grandson of famous Parsi businessman Delafruz Mistry. My visions were as clear as crystal. Yes it was a huge investment but I knew it would bring great profits. Everything from the concept, to location and the history of this place is in our favour. And my dream is now slowly forming its shape. The flooring, the roof, the gardens, all are shaping up beautifully. We just now need to work on cosmetics, the decor of the place. Then hiring people and most importantly publicity. I can do it, I know. Actually I don't have a choice now.

Sana's idea had worked and I had got the loan I wanted. But if it doesn't succeed, I really have no idea how I will pay back the amount. So it has to work anyhow.

I have left my job at the Restaurant. I work under Sharad in his office. I look after the renovation and balance my work with it. Life has become hectic.
I no longer drop or pick Shini from college. I haven't really had a good talk with Maa. I no longer write poems.

I don't get much time to be with Shaurya. Shaurya, my champ, has become a big boy now. He is soon going to be a year old. He looks so much like Sana. He has the same hazel eyes, same button like nose and that cute smile. He calls me dada. And my heart just melts hearing those words. You know what that was his first word. I don't know how this time went by and my little fighter grew up fast to become such naughty boy. He looks like his mom, but I can feel he will have my nature. I can feel he understands me. I don't get to see him for days but when I see him, he becomes so happy. And that feeling breaks my heart. I should be with him, holding him as he walks, playing with him, teaching him words to speak. But instead I sit here in this empty house, writing about him.

I miss my time with Sana. We don't get much lone time. I usually fall asleep when I return home, tired. I spend free time with Shaurya and so she does not get my undivided attention. The attention she has always craved from me. I don't remember when was the last time I had made love. Forget that, I don't remember the last time I have kissed her passionately.