Chapter 11

It took seven showpiece, four flower vases, three mirrors and one centre table to make Mamaji and Mami ji to finally be ready to go to Sidharth's house. Mamaji had said," Bas kar Sana..Thik hai we will go to his house to talk about your marriage. Don't break anymore things in the house." Mamiji had started crying,"Aap kucch kehte nahi tabhi yeh ladki itna tod, phod karti hai. My favourite vase, that I had got from Paris.." Sana had smiled and said,"Mami vase bhi mere paise ki thi aur Paris bhi mere hi paise se gaithi.. Stop your drama or else I will break things that actually belong to you.." Mamiji had just looked at her and kept quite.

Sana had dressed herself in a yellow Salwar Kameez and had put her dupatta on her head. A simple make up with baby pink lipstick and a small bindi, big golden earnings and lots of bangles. She had looked at her reflection in the mirror and had said,"Tu beautiful lag rahi hai..Hmm.. Siddy boy will you like me in this dress too?" Rinky had entered the room by then and had replied,"Sana di, aap ka Siddy boy toh aap ko dekhke flat ho jayegaye aaj. You are looking very beautiful today. Let's go, mummy and papa are calling you." They had left in three cars. As they had reached Sidharth's apartment building, the actual drama began.

Mama ji and Mamiji had looked at each other as they had got down from the car. A crowd had started to accumulate to see the Bollywood actress getting down from her car. Mamiji had started her murmuring on how middle class the locality is. Mamaji, Mamiji, Bunty, Rinky and Sana had taken the stairs to get up as lift had been broken. And complaints had continued. Mamiji had said," Kitni middle class locality hai. Yahain toh lift bhi nahi chalti. Mujhse toh chadha nahi jaa raha hai. Haye kya kya karwayigi yeh ladki." Sana had shot an angry look at her. Rinky had managed to control the situation by telling her mother," The apartment is on the second floor only. Aap mujhe pakad ke chalo."

Sidharth's mother was surprised to see the faces of unknown people standing in front of her door. Sana has said Namaste to her and Rinky had introduced every one. Mamiji's face had dropped as she had entered the small living space. Soon drivers had entered the house with lots of gifts and had left it on the floor as there was no other space to put them. Mamaji had said,"Well, actually Sana is my bhanji. My only sister's akhiri nishani. I can't say no to her. So I was bound to come here with marraige proposal of my neice. Here are some gifts for you and your family from us. Please accept."

Sidharth's mother Sumitraji was confused of the things happening around her. She was alone as Shini had left for college and Sid was yet to return from gym. She just sat there listening to the group of rich unknown people staring around her modest home. And then Mamiji's drama had begun. She had started with," You see Sumitra ji, we are khaandani rich people. Hum kisike ghar khali haath nahi jaate. And when it is about something like marriage, how could we come empty handed. But if we had any idea that you don't have any space to keep them, we could have brought less. Sab high quality chize hai, aapne dekhi bhi nahi hogi. Uff..it is so hot, there is no AC here. We can't stay a minute without it." She had kept blabbering and this had changed the mood of Sana whose expression had changed from happy to nothing and about to turn furious.

Just then Sidharth had entered the room and had heard the word marriage. He says," What marriage? Sorry but Shini can't marry now. She had to complete her medical. And what does he do?( pointing to Bunty who is busy with his phone.)" Mamaji interrupts," No Sidharth. I think you have misunderstood. We are not here to ask the hand of your sister for Bunty." Bunty looks up from his phone and says,"Meri batein kyun chal rahi hai,? Hey man I am not marrying anybody." Sidharth replies," Good for the girls. ( Turning to Mamaji) Then why are you all here and whose marriage are you talking about?" Mamaji replies," Sana tumse shadi karna chahti hai. We are here to talk about that."

Sid looks at Sana who smiles meekly at him, blushing a bit. He then looks at every one's faces and the gifts at one corner. Mamiji says," Dekho beta, we know aap log humre jitna amir aur khandaani nahi ho. But what to do? Humari ladki jid pakad ke baithiye that she will marry only you. We have given her everything she has asked for. How could we deny now? That's why we came this morning. Jada kucch nahi layein hai. But aap ke ghar ke hisab se toh.." Rinky interrupts," Mummy stop it now. You don't need to say all that."

Sidharth takes a deep breathe and says,"Sana wants to marry me and so you all have come to my humble home with all these gifts. Okay. Do you know anything about me and my family?" Mama ji is about to say something but Sid continues,"I work two jobs to run this house. I have to take care of my sister's medical education. I have loans to clear. I don't spend money on things that I don't need. In short I am just a middle class man with less needs but big responsibilities. I live in this small apartment and my bedroom is even smaller than this living room. Can your rich and khandaani neice live and adjust here?" Mamaji replies," We know about your financial situation. I will pay back all your loans and your sister education will also be taken care of." Mamiji says,"Sana can't adjust in this small apartment. Our bathroom is bigger than your whole house. You can live with us in our bunglow. We will buy your family a bigger flat. You see beta, you will not get better offer."

Sid smiles and says," Yes, you both are so right. I will never get a better offer. But you see we may not be rich but we don't sell ourselves for money. I am not for sale." Mamaji says," Don't be offended. I just want to help." Sid says,"With all due respect Sir, did I ask for any? I am capable enough to take care of my family. I have been doing this for years. You have no right to come to my place and insult me and my mother like this. You basically want to buy me for your neice. But I am sorry to say I am not for sale. You can take your gifts and your offer and please leave my house. Now." Sana gets up and opens her mouth to speak but Sid stops her and says," Mam, I am not a thing that you will get because you want. It will be good for everyone if you just leave my house with your family now. " Sana just stares at Sid. Her eyes are now blood red with hurt and anger. She wants to hit Sid, breaks things, shout at him but she doesn't move. Mamaji stands up and so does others. He says,"We had come here for Sana, otherwise we don't like to be insulted by people like you." They leave one by one and Rinky holds Sana and takes her out. Sid take all the gifts and goes to their car and puts them on the top. He says,"You have forgotten to take your gifts. Please take them back and in future don't try to buy an honest middle class person with your money and status. Namaste.." Saying this he shots a look at Sana and goes inside.

Hi friends,
Sorry for late update. I was not well but couldn't stop myself from writing. I want to thank you all for liking my story and voting it. One achivement for my story is given below. Thank u sooo much.. keep reading, liking, voting and commenting..
Lot's of 💕💕💕