Chapter 78

Sidharth enters the house and throws the folder in his hand on the table. He sits down on the chair and puts his head on it's back, closing his eyes. He feels a soft touch on his forehead. He opens his eyes to find his beautiful wife standing beside him, smiling at him.
He smiles back to her and asks,"Is Shaurya sleeping?"
Sana whispers,"yes..That's why everything is so peaceful now."
She giggles saying that as he pulls her closer and makes her sit on his lap. He buries his face near her neck, in her open hair, wrapping his arms around her.

"Kya hua mere bebu ko?", she says, running her hand over his hair.
"Kuch mat bolo please. I just want you close. I haven't found you like this since Shaurya has come."
"Haye, tumhe jealous feel ho rahi hai, apne bete se? Chi that's a bad thing.", she says, pushing him away.
Sidharth pulls her back,"Uff, Gadhi ki gadhi hi raho gi. I am not jealous. I am just saying, you remain so busy with him. I don't get alone time with you. I miss this closeness. That's all."

"I miss us."
Sana kisses his forehead,"Aww.. mela babu...now leave me. I will warm the food for you. You go and freshen up."
"No..please ruko..I want.. ", he tries to stop her from going.
Sana tries to make him stand but fails miserably,"Uff..utho.. Chalo abhi..Jao..."
Sidharth smiles at her effort to make him stand. He stands on his own and then goes to his room to freshen up.

After a few minutes he comes out to find Sana sitting on the table.
He sits down to eat when she asks,"Now will you tell me everything?"
"Hun?"
"Stop pretending that you don't get my question. Why are you stressed? What is with the file that you carry everyday to work? Is everything alright?", she asks.

Sidharth does not meet her eyes,"Yes. Everything is fine. That file, it's nothing. Some official papers."
"Haye kya tum mujhe divorce de rahe ho? What will I do now? Puchku ka kya hoga.."
"What? Are you mad or what?"
Sana starts to laugh as he continues,"Seriously, you are so loud. Dramebaaz. I really don't know how your directors select you for their movies."
"Oye! Hello? I am a very good actor. See my movies and then judge me. I was just making fun.."

Sidharth smiles,"Yeh right right.."
Sana looks at him,"You didn't tell me. What is going on? Sidharth tumhe meri kasam. Bolo."
Sidharth's face turns off,"Baby, this is not right. Tumhari yeh kasam thing is just not fair."
Sana smiles,"My Brahmastra..now be a good boy and tell me. Job sahi salamat hai ya gayi?"
"Job hai, but I want to leave it."
"What? Then what will you do? Write poems full time. Yes. Do it.",Sana gets excited.
Sidharth gazes at her and says,"No. I want to open my own Hotel, Resort to be precise."

Sana looks at him confused,"Resort?"
Sidharth nods his head,"Yes. I have a plan to take up a place, renovate it and turn it into a resort. It's on the beach. You remember the village we had been to. Aji's hut. It's near that village. It will be really peaceful and exotic."

"I get it. But why suddenly this thought. You were never interested in business then why now?", she asks.
"Because I am done with this life. I am fed up being tagged middle class."
"Sidharth, you can write. Your book will be released soon. Then you.."
Sidharth cuts her short,"Do you know how many poets are there in this country? No one knows me then who will buy my book. Still if it sells, how much will I earn? There is no guarantee for second book. Sana, I know that business also has risks. Here too there is no guarantee yet, I have experience and I know it will work."

Sana looks at him with worry,"Do you really want this? This is not you Sidharth."
Sidharth looks back at her,"No. I have changed. I want this more than anything now. I want this to be successful. Enough of insults and injustices."
Sana puts her palm over his hand,"I don't like this. We are happy the way life is. We don't want any money or status."
Sidharth smirks,"We? Really Sana? You have lived all your life in luxury, never had to face any hardships. You never had to hear the words like greedy for money. You might like this new middle class life but term, 'we' are not okay with this life, I am not okay with this life."
"Sidharth, you will never forget to taunt me. Never na? I just want us to live peacefully with Puchku, Maa and Shini. This new you, I don't like him."