Memories

A tear ran down your cheek at the realization of Hyunwoo's words. You finally remembered the quiet boy with glasses that occasionally went over your flat with Jaehyun but being the angsty teenager you never paid any mind but he was always kind to you.

You didn't realize he was hiding such a heavy burden and life from you, much like how Jaehyun did too and you felt guilty. Guilty for the fact that you couldn't remember him when he was around but now..

"Hey.." Jimin pulled you into his arms gently, patting your back and trying to sooth you. You didn't realize you were full on crying as you sobbed into his shoulder, gripping his shirt tightly, Jimin held you as you cried. Hoseok and GD could only watch with sad eyes.

Back in the vans, everyone was quiet. The amount of guilt that weighed in some of their hearts, wishing they should have probably treated him better. They knew half of the things he went through like all of them were forced upon him, yet they never forgave that and it made them feel guilty, especially Yoongi. Even he was warming up to Hyunwoo, and as much as he bickered with him, it was a daily entertainment that turned playful and fun between the two.

"Jaehyun." Namjoon spoke as Jaehyun continuously sobbed in the car, "I'm so sorry Jaehyun." Namjoon apologized, carrying the weight of Bangtan's guilt on his shoulders.

When they arrived home, You immediately came out to greet them, running straight for your brother enveloping him in your arms in a tight hug.

"Jae.." you whispered. That was all it took for him to hug you back tightly and cry in your arms. You stood there with him in the cold night just being there for him in that tight hug for a moment.

The other boys left the two of you to give you privacy but Yoongi kept watch at the front door incase.

Once Jaehyun finally calmed down a little you took his face in the palms of your hands, smiling at him gently. "Let's go in okay? It's cold out and it isn't safe." His eyes were red and tears still fell as you tried to rub them away but he nodded and the two of you walked in, "thanks Yoongi." You whispered at him and he smiled sadly at you back.

You lead Jaehyun to your bedroom and the two of you sat down. You felt like Jaehyun needed to talk some things out. The two of you sat in silence for a moment, you could see that Jaehyun's mind was already calculating as it usually does but you decided to break the silence.

"You know, I didn't realize Hyunwoo was Doyoung." You smiled gently at the floor.

Jaehyun was surprised to hear you say that name, "How'd you know?" He looked up at you curious.

"Before you left, he said something to me. He asked me if I knew someone named Doyoung and at that time I didn't put two and two together." You said while a tear rolled down your cheek. "You know what he said?" You turned towards Jaehyun, now unable to hold back your tears as you smiled at him. "He said Doyoung wished for my happiness." Your sobs caught in your throat as Jaehyun pulled you into him, rubbing your back trying to soothe your tears away.

"He— I think he knew something was about to happen." You cried. "I just wished I could have talked to him as Doyoung and not the monster Hyunwoo he had to become because of that bastard of a father." You gripped Jaehyun's shirt tightly. His jaw was tense and nodded.

"Doyoung was my partner." Jaehyun confessed and that took you completely by surprise. You pulled away eyes wide looking at him in the eye.

"Wait you mean the two of you—?"

"Yeah—" Jaehyun smiled at you tears in his eyes. "I loved him." He choked. "And just when I could finally return and see him, he leaves me."

It all made sense now, as to why Jaehyun did everything for Hyunwoo and protected and trusted him like no other. Even forgave him for his sins. As did Hyunwoo for Jaehyun. He was driven mad to find out who killed his lover. He was desperate for answers, and Jaehyuns the reason why he dropped all malicious intent towards Bangtan.