Hot Chocolate

Just when you had said that Bangtan never brought girls home you started hearing moans coming from the room next door. And it wasn't just moans, it was high pitched screams you swear some bitch was getting murdered. You couldn't sleep that night and you knew this couldn't be Jimin and Hobi's room because it was obviously coming from Yoongi's.

You let out a deep sigh of frustration, gathering a pillow and a blanket to take out to the living room to possibly sleep on the couch. You were surprised Namjoon didn't seem bothered by it as he was also next door Yoongi's room but to be honest his own snores probably drown it out anyway.

The living room was surprisingly nice and quiet. You rub your eyes. Great, now you were awake. You slumped into the couch and looked out the large window, the full moon shining through, it was honestly a beautiful night. You wished maybe circumstances would be different than what it was right now. From just an ordinary girl your life flipped like a toss of a coin. How things could have been much different, more.. Normal. You reached out for the moonlight, attempting to grasp it.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

A voice brought you back to reality and usually this would scare you, but you just hugged your knees closer to yourself.

Jungkook decided to just sit beside you, staring up at the moonlight in silence with you. It was a first, you thought. Usually Jungkook would never start a conversation with you but right now you honestly felt homesick, for the first time ever.

"Did Yoongi hyung wake you up too?" He asked, observing your reaction. You just nodded, eyes still staring out the window.

"Do you ever wish your life was normal Jungkook." She spoke softly. This question made him stiffen.

You turned to face him and he had a sad expression on. You sighed, "Sorry, you wanted to know what I was thinking about."

He just leaned back into the couch more, staring back up at the moon. "I didn't have a choice, I never had a normal life to begin with Hana."

You were surprised, this was the most he's ever said to you, especially something personal. "Sometimes I just think this is all a dream. That my brother is just waiting for me back at home waiting for me to come back. But then I'm reminded every day that life will never be normal again not because someone took his life; but because I took one instead." You stared at your hands. The dreams and hallucinations of blood as if remaining there.

Your heart was cold and killing was never an issue, you didn't feel a thing when you clicked the trigger or wedged a knife in someone but in this moment you reminded yourself of the times the worst thing you had to worry about was passing your exams. Not trying to survive every day.

"Hana, we can never be normal. But we can always enjoy the things we're still able to do even in this life." He muttered making you look at him.

"Like what?" You asked curious. A small smile made it to his lips. His features and eyes were soft, unlike his hard dark and frightening ones you're used to seeing. When it was just him and you, I think Jungkook appreciated the fact that the two of you could just be yourselves for once.

"Stay here. I'll be right back." He got up and left, leaving you bewildered. It wasn't like you could go anywhere anyway. You continued to get lost in your thoughts until a sweet smell made it's way into your nostrils. Looking down you saw that familiar chocolate swirl with tiny marshmallows, the steam radiating from the mug filling your head with sweet memories, a smile made its way to your lips.

"Hot chocolate." You looked up at him, he too had his own mug as you took the one he held out for you. The two of you settled back into the couch. You tossed your blanket to cover his legs as well as you curled up, hugging your knees to yourself again. "Thank you Jungkook." You muttered softly, taking a sip of the steaming mixture. It's sweetness filled your tastebuds as you closed your eyes.