Awake

"Hey Jaehyun?"

He hummed in reply. As the two of you gazed up at the stars together on a tarp your brother laid on the grass. The two of you did this every once in a while, he would ask you after a stressful day working to watch the stars with him and you happily obliged.

Growing up you got along, but you always butted heads with each other. Stargazing was one of the activities the two of you enjoyed together without constant bickering.

"Looking up at the sky, doesn't it make you feel small and insignificant?" You say.

Jaehyun let out a chuckle, "I never thought you could ask such a deep question."

You sat up at frowned at him but he just smirked at you.

"I'm only joking sis. But yeah, there could be so many worlds, so many lives out there. We're just a tiny speck in a galaxy of possibilities." He smiled up at the twinkling stars. "But that doesn't mean we can't do great things with the lives we have right now."

You sighed and reached for the stars. " I don't just want to be just a speck in the galaxy."

"You aren't just a speck in the Galaxy Hana, you can't be." Jaehyun chuckled.

"Cause you're my sister."

Taehyung silently watched you as tears started streaming down your cheeks as you slept peacefully. He wished you would wake up but he also didn't want to see you in pain.

For days you wouldn't wake up, the doctor that came by said that your coma was self inflicted. Your subconscious wasn't accepting reality and especially after a second trauma of losing your loved one, Bangtan understood why you had slipped into this state.

"I'm sorry I wasn't around when you needed me." Taehyung whispered.

Through the whole mission he had been out. The smoke explosion's burst had inflicted damage to his left eyes vision and caused trauma so he passed out. His vision was now impaired but with the help of the excellent doctors and new technology, he was recovering.

When Taehyung first came to, he woke up alone, he freaked out. He couldn't see through his left eye and was in shambles, the fact that he wasn't even aware of what happened on the mission, and if any of his members even made it back safely.

He wanted to make sure that you wouldn't have to experience that same fear. So he stayed by your side, making sure if you did wake up, you'd have someone to confide in immediately. If he had to do something, he'd ask Jimin or Jungkook to keep you company.

"How is she hyung." Jungkook stood by the door and watched afar.

"She's crying in her sleep again." Taehyung spoke softly, dabbing your tears away gently.

Jungkook sighed and went by Taehyung. "Hyung, it's two in the morning. You need some sleep. I'll watch over her okay? Just use my room, I can't sleep anymore anyway."

Taehyung just silently nodded. "Thanks Kook." He took a long look at you again before getting up, Jungkook now took his place.

"Have a goodnight hyung." The maknae called out to Taehyung before he closed the door.

Jungkook sat there, reaching to hold you hand that was strapped with IVs. He stroked the back of your hand gently, noticing how thin you were getting. He was afraid he could break you if he wasn't careful.

"Hana, I know you're unhappy and upset that Jaehyun is gone but you still have us." Jungkook swallowed. "We need you Hana, it's just not the same without you."