I Heard a Rumor Pt.6

Song Choice: Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know

The Handler took a seat across from Lana, resting her purse in her lap since she didn't intend on staying very long. The two stared at each other with much mixed tension. "We used to talk of ruling the world together." The Handler started. "You always wanted more. More power, more superiority, more servants, even more power. I always just nodded along, but all I ever wanted was you." Lana rolled her eyes, knowing she was trying to make her guilty.

"Then you left me. You broke my heart. So I had to break you in order to stop you from breaking the world."
"The Commission was as boring as a funeral."
"So was I just a bore in the way-"
"I left the Commission! Not you! I came back for you and you betrayed me!" Lana cut off with violent defense. Lana was over their whole relationship. She loved despair more than she ever loved The Handler now. "What are you doing here, raccoon eyes? We both know you're not here to try and guilt trip me. I like feeling guilty."

The Handler smirked. "Just wanted to check up on you since, you know, I guess betraying your original place of work doesn't fall far from the tree." Lana clenched the blade she took from her desk in her palm, skin breaking which made trickles of blood drip out of her hand and down her forearm, Lana not even wincing a little bit. Lana knew exactly what she meant.

"(Y/n) hasn't betrayed me. She's still following my order. She probably won his trust back by using his own feelings for her against him." That smirk widened. "You're cute when you think you're right." Lana's eye twitched. "Shut your ugly mouth. Your little boy toy better be careful because, allies or not, she'll slice him up as soon as he lets his guard down. Which won't be very long because my dear little (Y/n) is a master at manipulation, she learned from one of the greats." The blonde model said as she admired her perfect long red nails.

"It's written in the stars that they'll end up destroying each other." The Handler spoke in a low tone, making Lana's cerulean eyes perk up under her long feathery black false lashes. "One wouldn't go down without bringing the other down with them. They're going to be each other's destruction. It's inevitable that they're going to be the death of each other."

Lana's light brown thin eyebrows scrunched together. "Care to elaborate or just sit there looking like the secret love child of a cow and a rat."

The Handler avoided answering the insult. "Let's say (Y/n) did fully convert to being purely good alongside him, her heinous reputation would just attract more problems and danger to them no matter what. Her head on a silver platter is still very much wanted by hundreds of companies, leaders, businessmen, assassins, hit men, mercenaries, vengeful families, shall I continue?" She explained with a shit eating grin. "His family can't protect her forever."

When Lana appeared to still be intrigued, the Handler continued. "And if Five turned to the dark side alongside her, your little girl is pretty power hungry and Five is a sucker for always being right and in charge of his own choices. The two also really aren't ever on the same page on how to deal with things so if they bump heads that's all she wrote." 

"But I can't possibly forget the subject of the matter with our big top stars." She placed one leather gloved hand over her heart as she stared into the distance. "Such bitter enemies." She looked back at Lana with a mocking small smile. "And yet the two of them can never seem to stay away from each other, can they?"

"The Facility is all (Y/n) needs." Lana snapped harshly, pushing the thought away of her precious prized prodigy running around with the enemy for reasons other than making him wish he was dead. "She's well provided with everything she'll ever want. Her malicious face will be something to fear in the future as I've been thinking of leaving the Facility in her hands when my sweet love called karma comes for my pretty throat." Lana said with an assertive voice as she caressed her own soft throat in a sensual way.

The Handler smirked. "The weight of the world on such small shoulders."

"She'll be okay. She'll survive, somehow she always does. I don't know how she does it, but it's impressive that she hasn't snapped yet." She spaced out for a second, thinking about how proud she was of the young (H/c) girl, until returning to a glare directed at the Handler. "Beside my little girl shouldn't be worried of much weight when that pathetic ferret runs around all day claiming he's going to 'save the world'." She said with air quotes then smiled the devil's smile. "The weight of the world on such small shoulders."

"His family plans to help him, ya know." The Handler said in a mocking tone, hoping to annoy the young woman in front of her.

The hour glass figure stood up from her fancy red leather chair and laughed loudly with tears forming in the corners of her eyes as she laughed harder. "Their brains are too small and hollow to be useful!" She said in between laughs. "Maybe the power of friendship will cause a miracle to occur!"

The Handler rolled her eyes at the light blue eyed psycho. "With or without his family he seems to have a lot of hope that he can save the world from what must happen."

Lana smiled widely, flashing her pearl white teeth before skipping over to the big fancy window that was supported by gold. The tall, makeup wearing woman faced the other woman as she swung her big black laced stiletto boot that reached over her knees, barely reaching her bright red miniskirt that perfectly matched her long nails and the blood still on her forearm, on to the edge of the window. Her skirt was so short today that even if she leaned down by about 10 inches her pink lace underwear would be exposed to all eyes. Her face only expressed utter excitement.

"I know! It's so exciting! That's the hope I want to crush! The hope millions of people unknowingly need to believe in! And you know what that means? The end of hope? The start of despair!" Lana giggled violently as she bounced against the window. Her giggles shifted into hard laughter that echoed loudly throughout the room. The Handler gulped, trying to keep her posture in check. Never let your guard down in front of Lana, she'll use it against you before absolutely strippng you of your dignity and happiness and stability before you crack and go insane before her hungry eyes.

Lana's laughs uncomfortably instantly stopped, a shadow casting over her eyes. "But that hope will cost Number Five his life."

The Handler stared at Lana, not moving a muscle. "What do you mean?'

Lana's sick smile stretched across her face once again. "(Y/n) seems like the anarchy of his thoughts, no? Just like in my favorite story, The Scorpion and the Frog, she has him wrapped around her finger before using her Scorpion tail to stab him in the back. I mean, she can do anything now, right? For instance... she could suddenly die, leaving Five in extreme utter despair!"

Lana lifted her slender arm up to her lips and licked up her own blood that was still dripping from the open socket on her palm, the Handler cringed in disgust. Lana noticed this and rolled her eyes, "Oh please, you get turned on by danger." The blonde slowly walked closer to where her ex sat and took a seat at the spot on top of her desk that was closest to the Handler. She placed her hands behind her and arched her back while showing off her black corset top that was noticeably way smaller than her natural figure which quite clearly revealed her busty cleavage, wanting to give the illusion that her breasts could pop out at any second. Lana Griz always enjoyed being a gross tease.

"You know what happened at the start of World War 1 right?" The Handler scoffed, offended. "I think I know about history way more than you do." "Then you'd know how easily chaos can erupt. It was just a single bullet that set off the world war. Isn't that incredible? Something so small has the power to throw this world into chaos. One small slip up from Five and he's basically flushed all of humanity down the toilet!" Lana cackled loudly.

Fed up with this nonsense, the Handler stood up while clutching her bag to her form and marched for the door.

"Oh by the way!" The Handler turned around after Lana's voice boomed out.

"Did you ever get the Birthday present I sent you?"

The Handler clenched her jaw. "You sent prostitutes with shotguns that shot 16 of our eldest members."

"But isn't it the thought that counts?" Lana commented, smirking seductively.

( Author: SO SORRY it took a long time to update! It's finals weeks so I've been too occupied with work to finish the chapter. And also Repo! The Genetic Opera is my current obsession so it was a little hard to get back into motivation for writing when I did hav time. I hav all my tests next week so it might be another 1-2 weeks before another chapter so sorry in advance )