Changes Pt.12

Song Choice: Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary

"You're done with the Despair Facility, right? Because I know being its new leader is a dream for you." Five asked, his trauma from all her past lies and betrayals and murder attempts started to make his suspicions rise. He still didn't trust her as much as he used to. Because as long as Lana was still alive-

(Y/n) dropped a singular decapitated finger with a bright red long nail into Five's drink.

Five looked at it and took "a wild guess" at whose it was. With (Y/n)'s top having blood stains and a familiar looking nail polish color, Five easily concluded what (Y/n) did when he and his brothers left.

And he was very much surprised but proud, he really didn't think she had it in her to do that to the person she thought the most of. Sure Reginald gave him trauma but he could never in a million years have the guts to do that, at least admitting to himself. Maybe it was him being a coward, maybe it was his own morals, or maybe it was some other third thing on why he couldn't imagine himself placing direct harm on his "father".

"If being in power means I have to become a complete lunatic with no heart then it's not worth it. Besides, getting what you want means losing what you already have. Five, with you by my side," (Y/n) grabbed Five's right hand and looked into his eyes, causing Five's face to get hot from the intensity of her firebrand eyes. "I feel like I can take on anything. You gave me the courage I needed to stand up to Lana. So please... be more confident. I believe in you, so you should definitely believe in yourself!"

The raise in voice volume stirred a certain male awake. Diego grunted and sighed, "Shit."

"Good, you're up. Ready for a drink now?" Five said while (Y/n) wanted to disappear, knowing Diego didn't think very highly of her even though she got him out of harm's way at the Facility... even though in hindsight it was her fault he was in danger in the first place.

Diego jumped up, looking around. "Where is he?"
"I let him go."
"You what?" Diego said with a betrayed look in his eyes.
"Now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop."

Diego whipped himself around and snatched one of his weapons off the ground. "Hey, he didn't kill Patch! His partner Cha-Cha did." Five called out.

"So what?!" Diego aggressively said. "They were both there that night."

"This half of the partnership gave me both of their guns. Which will clear you, because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene. Hazel came here looking for a way out. He wanted a fresh start. And he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good. So it's time to move on."

"Not a chance." Diego said without hesitation.

Five sighed, giving up. "Suit yourself. C'mon (Y/n)." The hitman and the assassin both hopped out of their seats, the girl tailing behind the boy.

Five stopped. "By the way, Diego. (Y/n)'s officially on our side for good now. (Y/n) you got anything you would like to apologize to Diego for?" Five said to the girl beside him like he was talking to a child.

(Y/n) folded her hands and held a regretful, soft face. "I'm so sorry for... for everything. For every sabotage and nearly getting you killed by my jealous ex-friend. I humbly ask for your forgiveness." (Y/n) knew that apology probably wasn't as good as her one with Five but Diego's deep dislike for her was on a totally different level than Five's lack of trust due to dejection.