The Day That Was Pt.3

Song Choice: Tears for Fears - Rule the World

"Why would you do that to me after I gave you everything that I had?" ~ Unknown

The three still stayed together as they walked down the hall, commenting on how this guy decorated his house. "You guys are being too forgiving, look at that chair!" (Y/n) complained as she noticed his ugly love chair. The other two both cringed, noticing it's displeasing outer look. Allison's eyes wandered from the chair to a door. "Maybe that's his bedroom," she said pointing at it. "There's got to be something useful in there." Five nodded along with (Y/n) and walked towards it. Allison tried to open it but to no avail. "Someone try and get it open." Allison ordered, stepping aside to let the hitman and assassin deal with it.

(Y/n) stepped up first and did the first logical way to open it that came to mind.

She launched herself at the door.

She let out a groan when the harsh impact didn't immediately open it. So she logically decided to keep ramming herself into the door until it opened. Five and Allison watched in disbelief and "is she serious" looks as they watched her body go back and forth from the hall to the closed door. "Or not." Allison said as a way of taking back her previous words.

Diego came walking over with a guarded expression after he heard the huge constant banging noises. When he saw his two siblings leaning on the walls looking bored or annoyed and (Y/n) looking like an idiot while throwing her small body against the door in an attempt to get it open, he rolled his eyes and pushed (Y/n) aside. He copied her exact previous movements only this time he actually got it open. The other two Hargreeve's smiled and walked in the room. (Y/n) followed but mumbled so only Diego could hear, "We get it, you're fucking fit." Diego slightly snickered and kept walking through the hall.

The three walked around the room, looking through anything that could be useful like under the bed, through his folders, all his drawers etc. There was one drawer left and all (Y/n) could think of is that it might be his underwear drawer. "Should I open it?" (Y/n) asked with her hand on the handle. Five nodded, right beside her. (Y/n) turned to Allison who also nodded and said, "Do it. A real woman would." (Y/n) rolled her eyes and opened it to reveal what she expected, underwear. Five huffed and moved (Y/n) out of the way. "He could still be hiding something in here." He said and rummaged through the undergarments. "(Y/n), help me."

(Y/n) cringed and hesitantly started moving around the boxers with Five as Allison thought they looked like a crazy homeless couple. Five gave up but allowed his gaze to fall on the closet across the room and back to (Y/n). "Get in that closet." (Y/n) sighed dramatically and marched over to the closet, opening it and stepping in to look around.

It was just a normal small closet so there wasn't much to look through until she noticed the very small attic door on the ceiling. She motioned the siblings to come over and hoist her up. Allison squatted and grabbed (Y/n)'s legs and stood up, allowing (Y/n) to be able to open up the small door and put her top body through.

Like she observed before, the door was way too small to get the rest of her body through. Allison still didn't notice this so she continued to lift her up more. (Y/n) snapped her head down after letting out an 'ow'. "My hips don't get any smaller." Five stepped in the closet to say, "Do you see anything up there?" (Y/n) did her best 180 of the attic but couldn't see much since the door was in the corner.

"No, but I see another door in here. It's bigger."

The three of them all exited the bedroom and looked around the house some more, trying to find the second door to the attic. That was until Allison found a string to pull down the second attic door.

Five and (Y/n) still walked around the house, looking in every room they passed. "Maybe we should just leave," (Y/n) recommended. "It doesn't seem like anything's here. And there's probably nothing in the attic anyway so we should just dip."

Five shook his head, "No, there HAS to be something useful here. I just know it." (Y/n) smiled sadly at the boy beside her. "You kinda sound like a more stubborn version of me. I've always believed that my wishes can become true if I just work hard enough. And because of my time at the Facility, I know that it's true. You have to work for everything in life. Freedom, happiness, even getting a higher spot on the food chain." As the two continued to walk, Five inched a little closer to her.

"Be careful who you tell your feelings too, because some people are waiting for the opportunity to use them against you." ~ Unknown

"(Y/n)?"
"Hm?"
"Are you happy?"

"I'm happy that I didn't have a panic attack in the dressing room today." She said with a breathy short laugh. Five furrowed his brows at her, not the answer he exactly wanted. "No, I mean are you happy in general?" (Y/n)'s fake smile faded but quickly reappeared once again for another show. "Yeah, I'd say I am. I have everything I've ever wanted. Everybody wants to rule the world and I'm almost there."

Five stared at her with confusion but also adoration. "Y'know. Ever since I met you I thought you were the weirdest girl. Your outlook on life is so interesting and nothing I've ever seen before. It's making me not think that you enjoyed killing people in the Facility. You're like me." (Y/n) shook her head, blinking away her becoming tears. "No, Five. You and I, we're not the same. Unlike you, this path was my own free will to choose. I've done far worse things than murder. You don't want to know the things I had to do in the Facility, and they're way worse than your actions in the Commission."

Five was so ready to say what was on his mind to her but Allison was already calling out for them all to come to her location in the house. "Guys, you need to see this." (Y/n) looked at Five and pulled him with her to the direction of which Allison's voice came from. "C'mon pep up your step!"

They reached the small staircase that led up to the attic but (Y/n) stopped to freeze in her tracks. Now Five was totally soft for (Y/n) over everyone and anyone and he would never do anything to hurt her (little does he know that that wouldn't favor him well) but he was very desperate and impatient right now so he pushed (Y/n) up the stairs forcefully with himself right behind her.

Once they all reunited, they examined all the vandalized posters, action figures and other Umbrella Academy merchandise. "All our faces are burnt off." "Well, that's not creepy. This guy's got some serious issues." "Shit."

(Y/n)'s heart started thumping louder and louder, her throat starting to swell up and her stomach dropped. 'It's now or never.'

"This was never about Vanya. This was about us."

BANG!

"Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends." ~ Emilio Cogliani