The Majestic 12 Pt.2

Song Choice: Madonna - Like a Prayer

"(Y/n)?" Five called out.

The figure seemed to hear Five as they stiffened, looking like they were thinking if they actually heard a voice or not. They slowly turned around and when they saw Five, they unbuckled the mask buckles from the back of their head then slowly took off the gas mask to reveal the face of the one and only, (Y/n).

She held the mask in her hands as her eyes were wide with disbelief. "Five?" She whispered, staring at him to try and figure out if this was real and she wasn't imagining it (again).

Five was able to actually get a good look at her. She was wearing a strapless red layered ballgown that almost touched the ground with opera gloves in the same color. Her hair was longer but styled fancily. She also had dark circles under her eyes.

Five started walking toward her quickly and (Y/n) did the same but slowly. Five's gleeful feelings were suddenly swapped with dejected anger. Once they reached each other the first thing Five did was slap her across the face. Barely hard though.

(Y/n) slightly winced before saying, "I deserve that." Five slapped her again but with his other hand and on her other cheek, making her head turn the other way. "I deserve that too." Five raised his hand, about to slap her again, but (Y/n) caught his hand before it could make contact with her face. "Ok now you're just being a prick." She sassed.

Lila leaned over to Diego, "Who's that?" "Five's dream girl from hell." Diego breathed out, still shocked over seeing her again since he was convinced they would never see her again. The British woman hummed, coming to the conclusion that this was the girl Five hinted at the night before. Beside that, (Y/n) was not what Lila was suspecting to look like.

Five looked (Y/n) up and down with parted lips. She had more of a glow to her. Like she wasn't mentally miserable and actually... happy.

Five had so much he wanted to say to her about how much he missed her but he felt as if it'd make him look too soft in front of Diego and Lila so he decided to ignore it and get to questioning. "What happened?" He asked with a despairing tone.

(Y/n) smiled brightly, taking that as his 'I've missed you' and explained, "It's actually a really long story but the important part is that I just barely survived the blast. My body was burned to death but my bones and some skin were left. And the whole thing about my healing factor is that as long as some of my body is present, my body will regenerate back to normal. It was actually the longest I've taken to heal. I think it was about 2 hours until I was breathing again and regained consciousness."

Five nodded, impressed by the range of her power.

"And, Five..." She began again but with a more lively smile, "I never felt more alive than when I was so close to death."

Five smiled in response to her alluring expression, it was like seeing her again for the first time. But his delighted fascination was cut short when more questions confused him. "Why are you with those people to try and kill the guys after me? Did you know I was here? And... how are you here?" He asked with a puzzled expression, looking as if he was trying to figure out the answers on his own without any context.

(Y/n) looked to seem to get a headache from the questions. "Those questions can only be answered in the long story. But I will say that... those people I'm with... are with the Despair Facility." She said, her voice getting quieter throughout the sentence.