Right Back Where We Started

Song Choice: Ricky Montgomery - Mr Loverman

"-OVE YOU!" Five's screaming confession was cut directly in half as he fell into a puddle in an alleyway from above.

She was gone. (Y/n).

He felt as if he couldn't bear another second of the thought of going another day without her apart of it. He felt as if all of the happiness he had ever experienced was taken away from him. He felt as if he was living a nightmare. He felt as if he was torn apart by a mix of anger and sadness. He felt as if his heart was shattered into small pieces.

She mattered a lot to him and all he ever wanted was for her to stay in his life, was that really too much to ask for?

Five was feeling an overwhelming rush of suffering emotions as he stumbled around to the wall to rest against and catch his breath. He almost couldn't comprehend it. He felt like he took her for granted. He felt like he failed her. He felt like he abandoned her when in reality she left him no choice but to.

'How could she leave me like that after promising that she would stay with me?' His mind finally managed to settle on words.

He never planned to leave (Y/n) there and he knew she didn't plan on it either over last second decisions. He understood that she tried to do what she thought was right but he still wished he could talk to her, even if it was just a minute, to have her make him understand the reasons why she did what she did. He didn't really have a choice but to leave without her if she didn't cooperate, he had to time travel with or without her.

She was the one he needed most and she left him just as he secretly feared she would. He felt heartbroken, stuck in a state of dolorous, he felt betrayed.

Maybe she really was meant to be a traitor to everyone.

But now he realized that he will never get to hear her play piano just like she promised.

Before tears could even form, that's when he noticed the sound of booms and gunshots and small explosions. But that's also when he realized his siblings weren't with him so he looked up at the sparking blue cloud he came from and called out to them before the cloud vanished in a warp. He turned to the noises and stumbled out to the street, still mentally drained from the devastated impact of losing his beloved one (especially right before he could tell her how he truly felt about her).

The sounds of guns firing and bullets ricocheting heavily filled his ears as he reached the end of the alley, probably looking as pale as a ghost. What he saw shocked him beyond belief. Before him, was a full out war with fire and machine guns. A tank crossed his vision along with a soldier running with a red communist flag.

Planes flew by and the next moment Five ran over to a pile of ruins where the headline of a paper clearly read, "SOVIETS ATTACK U.S." and "JFK DECLARES WAR ON REDS".

Five's eyebrows knit together in panic as he got back to his feet, men shouting in russian in the distance. "No, this can't be right." He mumbled, not remembering that type of war at all, as he walked back a soldier holding a civilian bleeding out. Another soldier noticed Five and yelled out to him to get down.

"What the hell did we do now?" Five asked himself.

A missile was triggered and shot right next to his head, making him jump away from sudden shock. But that's when he saw Vanya floating in the air and ripping apart that same missile, Klaus conjuring up ghosts to attack some soldiers from the other side, Luther jumping onto the ground to protect Klaus from a fired missile, a blue transparent Ben using long monster arms to take down soldiers form a rooftop, Allison using a rumor to explode a few soldiers' heads, and Diego dodging bullets before knifing other soldiers. Diego noticed Five and screamed, "Five! You sick son of a bitch, where the hell have you been?!"