The Swedish Job

( WARNING: SHORT CHAPTER )

Song Choice: P!nk - Who Knew

"Oh. He isn't dead." Five said as he entered the room to see his new "comrad" Lila tending to Diego's, Number 2, wounds from the fight earlier at the Umbrella company building.

"Disappointed?" Lila questioned in her British accent. "Oh, to see you? Always." Five replied bitterly with a sarcastic, sour smile as he picked up a folded tissue to put pressure on the monkey scratch on his neck.

"So much hostility in such a tiny package. Did you cut yourself shaving? I could teach you to shave like a big boy." "No, I just ran into an old family friend." He said as he looked to the side.

In full honesty, Five didn't like Lila for two main reasons. 1, he didn't trust her. And 2... she reminded him a little too much of (Y/n)... She was so weird and suspicious which brought back memories of (Y/n). And because of that, everytime she spoke (Y/n) would pop in his mind and he felt like screaming every time it happened. It hurt. It hurt even more when he was still in denial of her death.

He really just wanted to see her again. He knew it would be best and make it less painful for himself to just try and finish his stages of grief and forget her to make it easier to move on. But he just genuinely didn't want to ever forget her. He was hopelessly clinging to that last ounce of hope that he would see her again. He didn't care if he'd have to wait decades, it would be worth it to see her handsome face and hear her angelic voice again.

And that yearning was only increasing as the days progressed. The same pattern went on.

Five looked back at Lila. "You remind me of someone I don't like being reminded of."

Lila snickered and continued her work on his brother below her. "Who? An ex? Didn't take you as a lover boy, no offense." Five glared, ignoring the blush creeping up on his neck at that statement. He was about to retort but light snoring cut him off. He turned to see Elliott still tied up as before.

"You didn't untie him?"

"Was I supposed to?"

~

Later that night, Five tried to get some decent sleep for the first time. The couch wasn't too comfortable but it would have to do for the days he'll be stuck here. His body and mind were tired but his eyes were still wide awake. He tossed and turned, trying to find the right position to make himself fall asleep quicker.

He woke up to a knocking on the door. He groaned, hoping Elliott would wake up and go get it. But the knocking continued, and more desperately. Five cursed under his breath and pushed himself off the couch.

The knocking got louder.

"I'm coming, I'm coming! God..."

Five shuffled to the door with tired eyes and a hunched back. He gripped the door handle and opened it. "It's 4 in the morning, what could you possibly-"

He stopped when he swung the door open, his angry expression dropping immediately.

It was (Y/n).

He wanted to say her name but he felt as if his throat closed from shock.

She looked at him with a smile that was as pretty as a picture. "Five..." A whisper escaped her lips. She practically leapt into his arms before taking his hands in hers. "I've been looking for you everywhere and I finally found you!" Five was frozen as all he could do was stare at her in a mix of disbelief and delight.

"You're trying to stop the new apocalypse, right? Follow me, I know where to start!" (Y/n) happily said before gripping onto his arm and dragging him down the hallway. Five had so many questions but there were too many to even know where to start.

"H-how-" Five stuttered but (Y/n) cut him right off. "No time to explain, come on!"

Five gleefully let her drag him harshly, which was out of character for her, down the stairs. "Where are we starting?" Five finally asked.

"Well I was able to seduce my way into JFK's pants so I was able to get some information out of him." Five flinched and looked at her with a strange look but shook it off. She then brought the two of them outside and to the road. She pulled him around the corner and showed him their "ride".

It was a train parked in the parking lot, like a thousand feet long one. And JFK peeked his head out from the conductor cart.

And that's when Five realized that this was a dream.

Five's eyes shot open and he was back on the couch. He growled and kicked a couch cushion aggressively, overly furious that his own dream tricked him. It just seemed so realistic. He even thought that (Y/n) actually slept with the president because that's how much he wanted to believe she was there.

He rubbed his hands down his face, whispering, "She's not coming back. Get over it."

He sighed and got off the couch to go put his shoes on. The clock read 5:29 AM and he decided to get an early start in tracking one of his sisters.

( Author: I promise the next chapter will be the normal length again! )