Changes Pt.11

Song Choice: Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

Five was able to tell a distinct difference in (Y/n) after whatever incident she's just been through. Her aura radiated a much more free version of herself. He noticed some positive repercussions in her but he couldn't pinpoint exact ones just yet

"Do you know what it's like to find out that everything you were taught as a child was a lie?" (Y/n) finally spoke, her arms laying down the surface in front of her as she stared down at it.

Five glanced down at her hands that had drops of red stains. "Not exactly."

"Well... it makes you question everything in the universe. Makes the difference between good and bad fuzzy. I think this is a sign for me to take an Ethics class."

Five quietly snickered. "Would you like a margarita to help the edge?" Five offered the stone faced girl who only said, "No thank you, I want to feel the edge. I guess Lana kinda won me over in the end, despair does feel good once you've conquered it."

Five slightly nodded and took a sip of his drink, his eyes still remaining on (Y/n)'s frozen, arresting form.

She spoke again. "Everyday I got a little less motivated to try and keep my sanity and more motivated to be some sort of hateful apex predator." She finally looked up at Five. "Then you came around and challenged my beliefs. Ya know, deep down I always knew you were right. I just hated admitting I was wrong and that things can't always go my way. Instead, I pushed myself until I was too tired to keep trying to help myself so I felt hopeless. I always wanted things to go my way otherwise I feel stupid. Kinda like I do right now."

She looked back at the table, drowning in her own pity. Five analyzed her with one hand on his drink and the other on his knee. "You're not stupid, you're just extremely stubborn."

(Y/n) looked back over to him. "And yeah, things won't always go how you want them to. You gotta stop whining so much about it. I've made hundreds of mistakes, but I don't constantly think about them and waste my life thinking about how much I regret them. Instead, I get over it and adapt to it, I still have time to make it right in the end. Don't rush yourself to a happy ending. Let everything come to you and deal with it. You said yourself, worrying won't get you anywhere so just be carefree. Yeah. You said that to me. I worry about the present more and you dwindle on the past more. I get over the past and you barely care about your present. We're two sides of the same coin."

(Y/n) let a small smile slip and her eyebrows curved upward, leaning down to rest her chin on the table around her arms with her cheeks stinging with a light pink.

"Five... do you believe there's good in everyone?" Five looked down at her with skeptical eyes and furrowed brows but simply answered. "No."

"Really?" (Y/n) asked with a hint of sadness in her voice. "Because I do. Well at least now I do. In everything I see, there's at least sorm form of good in them. You made me realize that anyone can be redeemed with the right approach and using their own motive and values. The only contribution they have to make is to let themselves be redeemed. Walk towards the light someone is willing to show you. Because Five, before we met... I was a lot worse. I was horrible and reprehensible. I... I was overly excited at the thought of killing you. I'm not worthy of forgiveness but you still stopped to lend me a hand into a chance of doing something that's not diabolical."

Five leaned a little forward so he could see her face better. "But why are you starting to think this way all of a sudden? Just because you thought of yourself as a godless piece of shit and now you're working alongside the good guys?"