Rescue the Princess Pt.13

Song Choice: The Fray - How to Save a Life

"Cruel..." (Y/n) squeezed her eyes shut from the emotional turmoil. "What I did was so awful!" (Y/n) knew what she did was wrong. She wished she could take back what she did. She never meant to crack like that. Something just snapped in her and it was like she went in auto pilot. She hoped she would've scared him off when fighting but he just... stayed.

She didn't consider messing with Five's mind a game anymore, well it was at least not a fun game anymore. She can't just go back and change her actions even if she really wanted to.

This regret and guilt she was feeling was so overwhelming, she's never felt like this before.

It horrified her how her thoughts and feelings about Five before she met him are so different now that she actually got to know him. She hated his guts before she even talked to him. All she wanted to do was find him and load his mouth with TNT. The Facility basically drilled and engraved it into her mind that she had to hunt him down and kill everything she saw on the way. She spent her whole life believing that the only way to live life is to be as cruel and evil and ruthless and spiteful as possible and never think twice about your rotten actions. She always enjoyed being a real life griefer, it was fun just destroying everyone's happiness. She was always praised for it. And she loved that kind of attention. Lana was her idol for a reason. Everyone was scared of her but still somehow loved her, everyone hated her but still worshipped her. She wanted that so bad.

She was driven by her selfish need and desire for power over all her morals that she took away all her own chances of an actual happy ending. She was stuck with the Facility.

Lana always talked with her about her confusion by saying that when she was just a young teen in the Facility she was also confused by what she actually wanted, insecure with her own decisions. (Y/n) felt like she could relate to young Lana but the only thing that's different about their stories... is Five. (Y/n) wondered if Lana also had someone like Five around when she was younger, someone who brightened the flame of indecisiveness.

(Y/n) liked the idea of being a mean, mischievous, mad mastermind of the Facility. But she also started to like the idea of being someone heroic...

But now she didn't know what she wanted to be. She needed someone to just tell her what to do, it was always the easiest way.

"Hello (Y/n)~ How are you this night?"

(Y/n) stopped her mindless walking and turned to see Angie, the fortune teller, jogging to catch up to her. (Y/n) nonchalantly smiled back at the dark skinned female. She had her platinum hair loose from it's classic low pigtails, her silky hair wavy at the ends. She was wearing her signature pastel blue skirt and her white tank top was faintly stained with the colors of red, black and yellow but you couldn't really tell what she was doing earlier in the day.

"Hey Angie. What are you doing out?" Once Angie caught up, the two of them started walking again. Angie shrugged with her hands folded behind her back, "I always take nighttime walks, it clears my brain and rids of all my doubts I had about my day." (Y/n) always really liked Angie, literally nothing bothered her and she was always happy. The two didn't talk frequently every day but they did get along every time they did because of their similar laid back, carefree nature's.

The girls walked in comfortable silence before (Y/n) stopped biting her lip and finally asked the other for advice. "Is this right?"

Angie tilted her head, "Explain."

(Y/n) bit the inside of her cheek before she spoke. "I mean, should we really be doing this? The world is a shitty enough place and all we do is make it worse by adding and releasing people who leave awful permanent scars on the world. This is technically just a factory of villains, murderers, dictators, and overall terrible people. What's so great about ruining our own lives for sick pleasure? Like I do enjoy causing mischief daily and being so much more strong and free than the rest of this uninteresting, tiresome, boring world. But... would helping someone out be that tedious?" Before she let Angie respond just yet, she added. "I don't know. I'm so split down the middle of all this."

They reached the door to (Y/n)'s room once she finished her sentence and turned to Angie with her eyebrows curved upward, hands wringing the clothing around her waist. "Could you maybe... tell me my future so I know what kind of path I should follow and pursue."

Angie's smile faltered and she noticeably pushed her deck of tarot cards deeper into her flaxen yellow windbreaker jacket's pocket, clearly not going to fulfill her wish. Angie starred at (Y/n) with a serious emotion painted on her diamond shaped face. "I didn't want to tell you this but... you always have others make your decisions for you, you can never choose something on your own." (Y/n) grew a little offended, not expecting Angie to completely drag her. "You always need someone to tell you what to do. You're unable to think for yourself." "That's not true." (Y/n) retorted, trying to convince herself it wasn't true.

Angie smirked and crossed her arms in front of her chest and below her wooden beaded necklace. "Name one big life decision you've made on your own without the influence or command of anyone."

(Y/n) wanted to defend herself and give examples but when she opened her mouth she couldn't really think of any. So instead she said, "... But it's all justified-" "Not really. I know what you're scared of (Y/n), and I don't need any fortune telling to see it." It felt like Angie's eyes were drilling into her own as Angie's smile started to show her more imp side. (Y/n) almost sometimes forgets even people like Angie and Melanie in the Facility are still very sadistic, bad people like the rest of them.

"Angie, I'm not scared of anything."

Angie began to step closer to (Y/n) but (Y/n) still stood her place. "Not anything normal. You're scared of disappointing higher power." Angie got closer. "You're scared of your own future." And closer. "Although you don't want to know what the coming of time will bring, always wanting to be surprised, you're scared of its products."

(Y/n) started to feel overwhelmed from being unmasked like this so she finally took a step back which immediately brought her back pressed against the wall unintentionally. Angie made her final step with her jandals to close in on (Y/n) before she placed her forearm on the wall next to (Y/n)'s head. Angie adjusted her face to be only inches away from (Y/n)'s, successfully intimidating her. (Y/n) could only breath in the other girl's own scent of candle wax and sweet incense with a hint of jasmine tree sap.

"You're scared of making the wrong decisions that will affect the closing of your story. You want a happy ending, (Y/n). I can tell. That's the real thing that makes you different from the rest of us."

(Y/n) straightened her posture and leaned her shoulders backward like it would give her more space when it didn't. (Y/n) gulped, uneasy of the fact that Angie could see right through her so easily. "But... I'm still... just... confused..."

The dark skinned beauty with pale hair used her arm on the wall to push herself off the perspiring (H/c) to finally give her her own air back to peacefully breathe. "You have to put your head aside and use your heart. Go extend your walk and think about it. Actually think about it."

"But one of the main rules in the Facility is to never think twice."

"Well they also tell us to break rules." Angie replied with a twinkling wink which made (Y/n) slightly blush. "You'll figure this out (Y/n). I know you will. You always somehow do." Angie said with a nod before she skipped away and descended into the dimly lit hallway.