Changes Pt.13

Song Choice: Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels

"(Y/n). I said I didn't want you hiding anything else."

(Y/n) didn't let herself think too much about it so she quickly admitted one of her biggest odious shames. "I killed them. I had to in order to join the Despair Facility. I regretted it when it was too late. My older brother is still alive and well and out there in the world all grown up, but I never want to see him again. I can't let him see me like this. I can't look at him after I ruined his life."

Five looked at her with his brows creasing upwards. He didn't understand or relate to her case at all so all he could do was feel bad for her and awkwardly rub her back, not knowing what to do in this rare situation. He immediately changed his opinion, the Despair Facility makes you do FAR WORSE things than the Commission.

(Y/n) shook her head to make herself return to the lighthearted mood when she saw another certain black and white album. "Hey, Tears for Fears' Songs from the Big Chair album! Ya know, their 1984 concert is where my parents met. They consider Head Over Heels their song because that's the song that was playing at the exact minute of their meeting." She mentioned as she lifted up the plastic wrapped album. She looked over to him with innocent pleading eyes, "Do you have a record player in here?"

Five nodded, swallowing away his depressing sympathy for her past, and jabbed his thumb in the direction of the record player on top of his dresser. (Y/n) tore the plastic apart and off the album and walked over to the table, dropping the plastic in the garbage can she passed.

(Y/n) plugged in the record player and turned it on, lifting the wooden top before carefully removing the record from its case. She used light pressure from her fingertips when sliding out the record so she wouldn't damage it, a tip she briefly remembered her dad teaching her.

She placed the record on the turntable so that the metal bar in the middle slid through the hole in the center of the record then slowly and gently moved the needle over the record, using the small lever on the base of the needle to slowly press down to lower it onto the record.

When the music started playing, (Y/n) swayed her index fingers and hips to the beat with closed eyes and a happy smile. Five watched her in a dazed state, she was such a hypnotizing kind of attractive. Like he was transported to another universe every time he looked at her.

He sat down on his bed with his elbows resting on his knees while his arms dangled in between his opened legs. He decided to make a comment to non directly assure (Y/n) that he was paying attention to the song. "It sounds like church music."

"It hasn't even started yet, this is just the build up!" She whined as she thrashed her hands around in a way to try to make him patient. She looked at the spinning record and held up a finger toward Five to tell him to wait for it. She tapped her finger in the air as soon as the singing started, along with her singing along.

She dramatically turned around and pointed at Five as she sang in sync to the words, making her voice go in an obnoxious higher pitched voice when the singers went higher for specific notes. "I wanted to be with you alone. And talk about the weather. But traditions I can trace against the child in your face. Won't escape my attention."

Five bit the inside of his cheek to prevent himself from laughing at her dramatic performance all while having a straight face.

She flowed her arms around as she stepped side to side to the beat. "You keep your distance via the system of touch. And gentle persuasion. I'm lost in admiration," She slammed her hands on her heart with a comedic pained expression "could I need you this much? Ooooh, you're wasting my time."