I Heard a Rumor Pt.7

Song Choice: Halsey - Gasoline

The group that consisted of Diego, Klaus, Five, and (Y/n) all entered the bar where Klaus pointed out the large Luther sulking over his table with his drink. "Trying a little hair of the dog, are we? Hm?" Klaus said as they made their way over to Luther, (Y/n) walking slower so Five didn't feel too behind with his limp. God every time he limped it reminded her on what she did to me. She wished their little bad blood never started in the first place.

When he stepped a little too hard with his bad foot Five let out a hiss and leaned onto a chair for support. (Y/n)'s hand swept to his back as a protection reflex but he quickly smacked her hand away and gave her a nasty look like he loathed every atom of her being.

It wasn't meant to come across as harsh as it did, but he knew better now than to continue playing nice with her. Therefore he resolved to treating her like he would treat any traitor. Although... if he said he felt no spite whatsoever, he would be lying. Of course he wanted to feel vindicated, to have (Y/n) miss him terribly and beg him for things to return to normal. However, he knew this was a pipe dream, one that would never happen.

It was even worse than (Y/n) had feared. His trust was slipping through her fingers like sand and she was helpless to grasp it. Desperation clawed at her throat. She needed to find a way to make it up to him and she needed to do it fast. But she truly didn't know how...

"Leave me alone." Luther grumbled as he hunched over his table. Diego looked to the rest of the group. "Give us a minute." Klaus rolled his eyes and lazily walked away with Five and (Y/n) following. "Okay, come on. Maybe they'll brood each other to death."

The trio all leaned against the long table with Five on Klaus' right and (Y/n) on his left. Klaus kept looking back and forth between the two who purposely didn't stand next to each other. Klaus exhaled and rolled his head onto his left shoulder to look at (Y/n).

"Do you want to get something to eat?" (Y/n)'s gaze remained aimed at the floor. "For the first time in my life, I'm not hungry."

(Y/n) used this short time to analyze her inner quest and try to figure out exactly what she's doing. She plans to use the rest of the day as a personal experiment. Like is she doing this for herself or for Five? Would she even be accepted in the same way she was in the Facility? Is she really willing to try and change her world views for the good of the world? Is she destined to only bring disaster? Is she willing to commit to putting the whole world before herself? Would she even be a decent hero? What would she do after they've stopped the apocalypse? She can't go back to the Facility and she's not confident that Five would let her hang around him anymore since it's clear he only needs her help with the apocalypse and nothing else...

Change doesn't come easily, often there are no right answers, and the path forward can be unclear.

"Were the kids even nice in the asylum?" Klaus asked out of the blue after staring at (Y/n) spacing out for awhile. She turned to the addict with a raised brow. "Asylum?" Klaus rolled his hand through the air while saying, "You know, the underworld."

(Y/n) flushed in embarrassment when she realized he was talking about the Despair Facility. "Oh, um... well everyone was really different. Some were pricks, few you can't even tell have lost it, some fit one of the seven sins perfectly, some could barely function with all their trauma and mental problems, some were quiet, and some were stuck up snobs with their heads so far up their ass they could taste their own shit. Nobody was the same and that's exactly what Lana liked."