Run Boy Run Pt.1

Song Choice: Marina and the Diamonds - Oh No!

Five stood around waiting at the front desk of the prosthetic hospital for someone to help him find the owner of the glass eye. "Uh, can I help you?" A doctor said as he approached the boy in a school uniform. Five smiled and held up the glass eye. "I need to know who this belongs to." The doctor's eyes widened. "Where did you get that." "What do you care?" Five quickly snapped but after the seeing confused, surprised faces staring at him he fixed his sentence. "I... I found it... at a playground, actually. Uh, must have just..." He clicked his tongue. "popped out." He smiled his evil-innocent smile.

"I wanna return it to its rightful owner." "Oh." The woman smiled, actually having hope for this generation. "What a thoughtful young man." "Yeah. Look up the name for me, will ya?" Five said, getting more impatient by the second. Every second they wasted being stubborn was a second wasted from stopping the apocalypse. "Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you-" "Yeah, I know what it means." Five interrupted with a snappy voice. "But I'll tell you what I can do. I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just-" "Yeah, you're not touching this eye." Five interrupted with a snap again. The man was quite surprised that a child spoke to him like that and wasn't very amused. "Now, you listen here, young man-"

For the third time Five interrupted but now he was really set off so he grabbed the man's collar and pulled him closer to make a threat. "No! You listen to me, asshole. I've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend, so just give me the information I need and I'll be on my merry way. And if you call me "young man" one more time, I'm gonna put your head through that damn wall." Both adults were now completely shocked. "Oh, dear." The man looked at the woman without turning his head and managed to get out the words, "Call security." The woman agreed and began to dial, leaving Five exhale. But then a voice rang out from across the hall. "That won't be necessary!"

All three heads turn to the direction of voice. A girl with (H/l) (H/c) hair and (E/c) eyes walked from the other end of the hall towards all the commotion. It was almost as if the world was in slow motion for Five. She wore casual clothes and was in the middle of taking off a white lab coat, just like the one the doctor was wearing. Five also felt himself stiffen into a freeze but quickly let go of the doctor. "I'm leaving for my break now so I can escort him out of here." The female motioned for Five to follow her after the man whispered in her ear, "Be careful with this one, I think he's a bit messed up in the head." The female scoffed. "I've looked the devil in the eyes before, I'm sure I can deal." She turned back around facing a still half frozen Five and motioned for him to follow her. "Come on." Five was finally able to regain control over his body and followed the (H/c).

A moment of silence passed between the two broken souls as they walked through the long hall until the female finally disturbed it. "So what's your name?" Five was quick to answer, almost too quick. "Five." "That's a cool name. But what if someone comes up to you and says 'Hi/high F/five'? Would you say hi or give them a high five?" Five chuckled lightly with a genial demeanor. "I've never thought of that." "Well start thinking, 'cause that situation could get awkward if you did the wrong thing."

The female dozed off in thought until she finally said, "Knowing me I'll probably forget your name so..." She pulled out a sharpie marker out from the pocket of the lab coat being carried with her arm and wrote down 'FIVE' on her non dominant wrist. "There." When she finished writing the E she snapped the cap back on the marker and tapped her temple with the marker with a smile. "Now I won't forget." Five felt himself smile a little at this girls strangeness, it was... refreshing to meet someone like her after all that's happened in his life. Five tried to pull back his smile as he said, "You do know that that's gonna be on there for a pretty long time, right?" The female looked down at her wrist with his name on it and smiled to herself. "I'm fine with that."