The White Violin Pt.3

( Author: Early update this weekend! It's my birthday tomorrow and I wasn't sure if I'd have time to post so I just decided to update today💘 )

Song Choice: Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

"I want to know how the hell you found me. I had no tracking device on me." Five demanded, antagonized.

The Handler grinned widely, like she was waiting patiently for him to ask that. "We weren't tracking you. We tracked just a little unsuspecting mouse."

Five raised a brow at this. "Who were you tracking?"

"You can come in sweetie, I know you're there." Handler called out and Five turned to the door with caution, ready to fight whoever was to walk in. His heart stopped when (Y/n) opened the door and stepped in the room looking just as shocked as he was.

"(Y/n)?" Five asked in sad confusion.

Said girl looked back and forth between Five and the Handler with wide eyes and parted lips.

"You sold me out?" Five asked, his freshly healed heart cracking once again. "Why are you even working with the Handler? You're enemies." He said as he walked up to (Y/n) and studied her guilty yet lost face, wanting an immediate answer.

"Oh don't be so hard on her, we did it behind her back." The Handler defended from the couch. Five turned to the woman, still lost in this situation.

"We tried to get her to sell you out but the once cold, schadenfreude psycho with no sympathy somehow had a change of heart. The monster who once live streamed her massacre of all the residents of a small neighborhood in the middle of nowhere is now siding with the heroes she once despised to stop the apocalypse. The same apocalypse she used to probably have wet dreams about. Funny how the world works."

Five turned to (Y/n) who looked at him in an apologetic way. "I-I'm so sorry, Five! If I knew they were tracking me then I wouldn't have gone back to you! I'm sorry I deserve the blame-" Five cut off her apologetic cries, even though it really technically wasn't her fault. "You... didn't... rat me out?"

(Y/n)'s utterly remorseful upset expression shifted to a more calm one. "Of course not. I told you that I'm on your side now. I would never do that to you after you forgave me for all the profane stuff I've done."

Five looked at her without realizing he was staring. She really was serious about officially being on their side instead of an enemy's. He told her he forgave her enough to give her another chance to prove herself but not enough to trust her again. But she did it... she unintentionally proved herself to him. All of a sudden... he felt safe with her again. He now... trusted her again.

He now saw her as truly his trustworthy, loyal ally instead of someone he felt like he was standing on thin ice with as she could stab him in the back at any time. He didn't know how (Y/n) and Handler's conversation went, but she must've tried to blackmail her into helping the Commission. Whatever was said, (Y/n) stuck to her promise and resisted Handler.

Everything (Y/n) had worked towards and all the choices she had made were tested. That was her chance to prove herself. And she unknowingly pulled it off.

Even though (Y/n) knew she hadn't done anything that would negatively impact Five just by talking to the Handler, she still felt guilty for talking with the Handler when being on Five's side. She knew that was a stupid thing to feel sorry about since she shut down the Handler's offer. But she just felt gross about it. That's why she got sick at the bowling alley. She thought that if she told Five about it he would be suspicious of her. So she kept quiet about it and lied right to Five's face. The Handler gave a few vague hints of when danger would approach so (Y/n) did her best to get Five to dodge it but have it come across as a coincidence that they avoided it. That's why she got Five to leave the Academy at dusk.